Rumor: Pagnotta: Keep an eye on DAL/NSH/VGK/CHI if Marner is shopped

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
There is no doubt in my mind Marner will be extremely disappointed if the Maple Leafs opt for a change, and he is entirely within his right to hold firm and exercise his NMC. However, if the Maple Leafs decide they want to explore the trade market and ask Marner for a list of teams he would waive his NMC for, it is my understanding he will consider his options, as I reported earlier this month. Teams like Nashville, Vegas, Chicago and Dallas are just four clubs I would keep an eye on, if/when Leafs GM Brad Treliving goes shopping.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Andre Burakovsky, Shane Wright and Ty Nelson for an extended Marner after July 1st.

Marner to Seattle makes the most sense and Wright is the caliber of prospect that the Leafs market would immediately hype in a trade where they're giving up the biggest name.

Seattle's got the cap flexibility to make a big add. And Marner is bigger than any other name likely to be out there in the offseason. And I imagine that market would love a 1-2 punch of him and Beniers pushing them back into the playoff picture.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
CHI would have to do a pretty hard sell-job to get Marner to waive to come here. Its possible, but I dont think its likely.

Reactions: 613Leafer

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Considering Marner’s contract status would any return be rather limited?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Vegas getting him for the price of a song would be poetic.

By poetic, I mean hell reigning fire on every other fan bases. I would pay anything to have their cap guy, he seems to know something others don’t.

Reactions: Morrison

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Vegas getting him for the price of a song would be poetic.

By poetic, I mean hell reigning fire on every other fan bases. I would pay anything to have their cap guy, he seems to know something others don’t.

They havent done anything with the cap that other teams havent, they’re just willing to ship out good players to make room for better players.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
CHI would have to do a pretty hard sell-job to get Marner to waive to come here. Its possible, but I dont think its likely.
Eh, it's not that dire in Chicago for Marner - good fan base, good up and coming prospects, the best young player in the league, an interested yet much more forgiving media environment, a great city, no immediate pressure to win - wouldn't be the worst destination for him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hintz+Harley LMFAO.

You won’t get Harley straight up. He’s turned into the minute-munching #2 beast for a Cup contender at 22 years of age. And you want a star center on top of it.

Pure unadulterated TML delusion here.

The only reason the high flying Stars, who are actually still competing for a Cup right now, would be mentioned as a candidate for Marner is so that it can feed all the TML fan fiction with the elite assets the Leafs have no shot at getting.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Andre Burakovsky, Shane Wright and Ty Nelson for an extended Marner after July 1st.

Marner to Seattle makes the most sense and Wright is the caliber of prospect that the Leafs market would immediately hype in a trade where they're giving up the biggest name.

Seattle's got the cap flexibility to make a big add. And Marner is bigger than any other name likely to be out there in the offseason. And I imagine that market would love a 1-2 punch of him and Beniers pushing them back into the playoff picture.

I don't think there's any way Seattle acquires Marner without one of Larsson, Borgen, or Oleksiak heading the other way.

A guy making $5.5m comin off a 16 point season doesn't at all move the needle on a Marner deal.... and Wright, while has some hype, has a lot of concerns with his long term upside given his somewhat flatlined development.

I suspect a more realistic take on what a deal would look like is something like would be something like Bjorkstrand, one of Larsson/Borgen/Oleksiak, and either Wright or something like a 2025 first.

Considering Marner’s contract status would any return be rather limited?

Presumably, anywhere that Marner goes will be somewhere he's interested in extending with.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
To all the other fans, I'm sorry on his behalf.

My guess:

Vegas Theodore +
Plus in on the wrong side. Top pair D > winger
Dallas Hintz + Harley
Lol wouldnt even get 1 straight up let alone both.
Nashville Saros + Luke Schenn
Cant see Nashville doing Schenn dirty like that a year after signing him
Hawks: Vlasic + Tor 2025 first back
The only realistic one there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad