Rumor: Pagnotta: John Klingberg has requested a trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hey Dallas fans - are you guys expecting a full rebuild? You’ve got some quality vets and some good young pieces. Doesn’t seem to be working out.

Will the Stars tear it down to the 26 year olds, and fire-sell the older guys? Restock the cupboards?

How do you guys feel about the prospect pool? Needs some help?

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I don't blame having to play for Rick Bowness. Would not be surprised to see him get back to his form from a couple years ago. Once he plays for a coach that lets him utilize his strengths.

Last edited:
Reactions: BHD

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
How much is he likely to get on the open market? 7-8? He was grossly underpaid for that 7 year deal so hes probably gonna want as much as possible this year.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks should be interestd.

They need a Right Shot Dman.

4.5 Mil, expiring contract tho.

Might just be better to wait on him when he becomes a UFA this summer.

29 yrs old.

Why does he want out of Dallas?

Is it because he is getting limitied Powerplay time? offensive situations?

If thats the case I dont think he would like Vancouver either as Hughes pretty much eats up all those situations.

Reactions: SI

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pagnotta over the last few seasons IMO has emerged as the best guy for this stuff

Best for signings and maybe some trade announcements, but rumor wise he throws a lottt out there

With that being said, this one wouldn't surprise me if it was true

Jim Nill has hopefully learned his lesson when it comes to signing late 20s vets to big deals

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Canucks should be interestd.

They need a Right Shot Dman.

4.5 Mil, expiring contract tho.

Might just be better to wait on him when he becomes a UFA this summer.

29 yrs old.

Why does he want out of Dallas?

Is it because he is getting limitied Powerplay time? offensive situations?

If thats the case I dont think he would like Vancouver either as Hughes pretty much eats up all those situations.

Klingberg still gets the prime PP and offensive usage in Dallas when it comes to dmen

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Thanks, i cant say I watch too many Stars games.

Why does he want out then?

More money I'd imagine. It's clear from some previous comments of his that he was frustrated for selling himself short on his original deal

Reactions: hn777

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
He wants a big money, 8 year deal and Dallas has finally learned their lesson (after Benn and Seguin) and won't give it to him.

That doesnt explain the trade demand though.

He wants to be traded to a team that will negotiate a new contract with him now?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pagnotta also noted that the trade request was made a while back earlier in the season when negotiations fell apart

Knowing Jim Nill, he's gonna hang onto Klingberg and let him walk for nothing or he's gonna give in and pay him. Don't see him trading him unless Dallas is just too far out

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
That doesnt explain the trade demand though.

He wants to be traded to a team that will negotiate a new contract with him now?

He probably hasn't demanded a trade and most likely told stars he won't resign. Which leads to click bait headlines like the on in OP.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Guess Dallas isn't looking to give him the reported $8+ mil he's asking for.

As mentioned by others, he's one of a handful of players this year who has struggled out of the gate, which is a shame since it's a contract year and all.

But I'd rather see Dallas get a nice package for him than see him walk in the summer.

Should be interesting to see how Nill handles this.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad