Rumor: Pagnotta: Flames are exploring trade market on Nazem Kadri

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Perfect 3rd line center for the sabers
I could see it happening and that's funny to me for the following reason:

So we can't keep mitts to be our 3 c because he is gonna want too much money. So we trade him for a redundant piece in Byram. Mitts resigns for a very reasonable hit and term with Colorado. Then we trade for kadri with his boat anchor contract the same off season. It would be classic Sabres comical.

Reactions: Tatanka

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I think the kadri thing is interesting because he's still playing at a damn fine level. But you're absolutely going to have to buy that contract out at some point. I don't believe any NHL team thinks otherwise. It's a ticking time bomb.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
The market...

giphy.gif

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Marner + 23rd

Andersson + Kadri +

Realistically wont be back to toronto. One of My favourite players so would love him bacm but doubt he or leafs would make it work

Marner + first + another good prospect for Andersson and Kadri would honestly be incredible

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
May I interest you in one Jeff Skinner? Kadri is useful for a few years, Jeff comes off your books in 3 after you rebuild, Skinner never makes the playoffs in his league career.....won't happen though He wont waive to go to Calgary lol.

Not fully opposed to Kadri maybe keep some salary over there.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Marner + 23rd

Andersson + Kadri +

Realistically wont be back to toronto. One of My favourite players so would love him bacm but doubt he or leafs would make it work
lol Marner isn't waiving for Calgary nor would the Flames even want him given they're clearly rebuilding

Also, the plus is very much on the wrong side anyway

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Flames wouldn't retain. He's worth more than 7m right now.

You'll just have to deal with it at a future point when he's no longer worth it. Ltir most likely

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Flames wouldn't retain. He's worth more than 7m right now.

You'll just have to deal with it at a future point when he's no longer worth it. Ltir most likely
lol what

you're not acquiring him just right now. you're acquiring the whole contract. what freak logic is this

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I could see him playing at or above his salary for 3-4 more years with the remaining 2-3 years being less of a bargain.

That said, the Flames are already under the cap floor. Dealing Kadri, even with retention, puts them further under the cap floor, so they'd need to make another move.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
From a Sens perspective something around Norris and Kadri makes sense. Gives them more security going into next year and Pinto can take the #2 spot. Calgary would really have to believe in Norris' doctor though, but the upside is there for him to be a long term solution at 1/2C.

I think if the Flames retain a little bit they could get get a Hertl like return. A valuable prospect or late 1st/early 2nd to help with the re-tool.

I know nothing about what the Caps are doing, but he seems like the type of guy they've been targeting and if they can get him for a couple contracts on a soft return maybe he ends up behind Strome and PLD to form a weirdly solid group of C's.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think the kadri thing is interesting because he's still playing at a damn fine level. But you're absolutely going to have to buy that contract out at some point. I don't believe any NHL team thinks otherwise. It's a ticking time bomb.
Acquiring team just needs to have an understanding that he'll develop a debilitating equipment allergy in 3 or 4 years. Whatever perfectly coincides with his play dropping off. Worked well for the Hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad