P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
hansolocarbonite.jpg
If someone could do this with a Subban image that would be cool.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Who was better than Subban in 2011? Gorges was injured and Hamrlik was exhausted. The Wiz? :laugh:

I'll help you understand what I mean by reaching : Subban was the #1 D on a shightly above average team that let a 2-0 lead slip.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Every other GM can re-sign their D except ours. Awesome.

Well if PK's agent is asking for a 5-8 year deal @ 6 -6.5 million a season Bergevin has my full support to say No!

I LOVE PK as much as the next Habs fan, but if PK really loves the Habs and wants to stay he should tell his agent that he should respect the team's philosophy. Take the bridge contract just like Price did who is even more valueable to the team!

2-3 years at 4 -5 million dollars per year and show you're an elite Dman, then go get your long term payday :naughty:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well you are comparing RFA vs UFA...I'd give P.K. that contract though, without any hesitation. Only 500 K more per year than Pacioretty's deal.

Yeah I know. Just surprised Edler signed that deal since he held way more leverage than what PK does since he could have walked at seasons end as a UFA. I guess he really wanted to stay in Vancouver.

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
I don't want to speculate on rumours and offers and opinions and all that, so I'll just focus on what I know.

Here's what I know:

I know PK Subban had a ton of ice time on a team which finished dead last in the east.

I know PK Subban has put up 38 and 36 point seasons, and with a whopping 14 career powerplay points. He also has 1 season with a positive plus minus.

I know I want him signed, what I don't know is if the above stats qualify him to bypass his bridge contract and thus qualify him as an elite player right now.

Extremely well said.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Markov has always been overrated by Montreal fans. I'm just going to leave it at that and let others continue the debate.

Subban is in his early 20s dude... He's going to improve.

Watching him now, I think he has the chance to become a HOFer. Markov was never that good. Maybe I'm expecting too much from him but I really think PK is going to be a great blueliner. So much talent there.

I am just going to leave this here.

The point in that post is that whenever people say "Well you're just an armchair GM!", it undercuts the point of these boards and threads. That questioning Gainey's move for Gomez should be ridiculous since he's an actual GM and we're just armchair GMs.

Gainey was shown to be incompetent before the gomez trade and AFAIK we are giving Bergevin the benefit of the doubt here.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Can't believe that we're going in the first game in nearly 9 months and that PK Subban still hasn't signed a contract. The only reason this is happening has to be because he's asking for way much more than what MB is willing to give him. I know Marc Bergevin won't flinch he's here to not repeat the mistakes of the previous administrations. If PK doesn't give in he'll have to find himself a new team and he won't get to play for the habs because he can't bear to lose 1 million $ a year.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Surely PK as an RFA isn't worth more than Alex Edler and mostly UFA years. He just re-upped for 6 years @ $5M per.

Like I said earlier, I wish they'd just sign a 1-year deal worth $4M and worry about the the long-term thing during the off-season. PK can prove himself over the 45-games he plays this season.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Can't believe that we're going in the first game in nearly 9 months and that PK Subban still hasn't signed a contract. The only reason this is happening has to be because he's asking for way much more than what MB is willing to give him. I know Marc Bergevin won't flinch he's here to not repeat the mistakes of the previous administrations. If PK doesn't give in he'll have to find himself a new team and he won't get to play for the habs because he can't bear to lose a million and a half $ a year.

The previous administration's biggest weakness wasn't giving out contracts (we've had some bad ones, but the only laughable one was from a trade in Gomez), it was poor use and development of our prospect, and trading them for "character" vets in quick-fix situations. Refusing to give a long term contract to our best U-25 player looks like more of the same to me.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Surely PK as an RFA isn't worth more than Alex Edler and mostly UFA years. He just re-upped for 6 years @ $5M per.

Like I said earlier, I wish they'd just sign a 1-year deal worth $4M and worry about the the long-term thing during the off-season. PK can prove himself over the 45-games he plays this season.

Isn't Edlers new deal all UFA years since it's an extension which kicks in next season.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Isn't Edlers new deal all UFA years since it's an extension which kicks in next season.
Yup, you're right. I thought he was 25. Good call.

So Edler's UFA years go for $5M. No way Bergy gives anything more than that for RFA years.

hogtownhabsfan*

I'll help you understand what I mean by reaching : Subban was the #1 D on a shightly above average team that let a 2-0 lead slip.

He was a rookie fro ****s sake. The fact we are even discussing whether he was a #1 D as rookie says more than any argument you can make...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He was a rookie fro ****s sake. The fact we are even discussing whether he was a #1 D as rookie says more than any argument you can make...

I know. Still reaching. Him being 20, 21 or 22 doesnt make him any better than he really is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad