P.K. Subban Thread - Mk III - Unsigned Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
They certainly know more than armchairs gm like you and me.

So we should never question what they do ever ?

Let's close these boards. That's it guys.

Gainey was right to trade McDo for Gomez too ? After all he knew more than armchairs GMs like me and you right ?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It sure look like subban is no slouch in that department either !

LOL, seriously.

People have really forgotten who Markov is. (I guess that injury(ies) is mostly to blame.)

That and, yeah, while my favourite jersey to wear when I'm walking around enemy territory is PK's, this contract thing has led to a gross overrating of M. Subban. He's awesome, no debate about that, but some of the posts are pretty generous, forgetting a LOT of the struggles PK has had and somehow he is this defensive juggernaut that never gets caught out of place, misses an easy check, etc. The psychological effect of not having him signed is affecting us all differently. I think we all want the same thing, but have different perspectives on how best to serve the organization as a whole.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I know you really love yourself but I have to let you know that you don't have all the answers to everything. Like I said in a previous response (that you ignored) to one of your thousands of posts, this poll is only one indication of the general opinion. The best indication was TSN's panel (McKenzie, Ward, Ferraro) who were unanimous about PK signing the bridge-contract. They must know a thing or two about the game of hockey in the NHL...

You have the right to your personal opinion but you don't need to disrespect 75% of the users in this thread and hockey experts, insiders and ex players.

Little newsflash, often at times, if polls go your way on HF you're wrong.
I mean, there was a poll and the results was Komisarek was #1 Markov #2.

Habtchum*

So we should never question what they do ever ?

Let's close these boards. That's it guys.

Gainey was right to trade McDo for Gomez too ? After all he knew more than armchairs GMs like me and you right ?

For your information...

Gainey is gone
Houle is gone
Gauthier is gone.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In Markovs prime he was top 5 in the league and that was coming from a lot of non-habs fans. Subban would be lucky to crack the top 15 right now and that is from a hab fan. The over-rating here is clearly in one players favour.
Subban is in his early 20s dude... He's going to improve.

Watching him now, I think he has the chance to become a HOFer. Markov was never that good. Maybe I'm expecting too much from him but I really think PK is going to be a great blueliner. So much talent there.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Agreed. Also, and E=CH has already brought up, we know PK can perform in the POs.
Not to mention, he seems to truly enjoy the big, intense, rivalry type of games. He even admitted during post game interviews versus the Bruins. He loves those games. Kid lives for intensity.

I would bet on PK as well, and that's not a knock on Markov. He was my favorite Dman during his prime.

This is an (sort of) aside: Oddly, I remember being disappointed (I recall me and my buddy texting about it, both surprised as we were watching the interview) when he was talking about the Bruins in that he said it DOESN'T really matter that it's the bruins and that while the fans love the rivalry, for him it's just another game. I remember then posting about it here and people saying "Well, it's only his 2nd year, needs time to get the hate up.", even though over those 2 years he was THE subject of bruins hatred (fans and team). Just saying, although he played to the contrary, I wish I knew from his mouth that when we play boston...it's different.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Little newsflash, often at times, if polls go your way on HF you're wrong.
I mean, there was a poll and the results was Komisarek was #1 Markov #2.

Just like you and lots of others are saying Subban is ahead of Markov already ? :nod:

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Subban is in his early 20s dude... He's going to improve.

Watching him now, I think he has the chance to become a HOFer. Markov was never that good. Maybe I'm expecting too much from him but I really think PK is going to be a great blueliner. So much talent there.

It's really getting late, people are starting to hallucinate. :laugh::shakehead

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, like I mentioned, there's been conflicting reports. I've heard 2years, 4years, 5years, 8years.

The one factual comment we got from someone actually involved in there came from the mouth of Perno, assistant of Meehan. He said (as of January 8th), that a 3-4 year deal seems to be very possible.
Keep in mind... Meehan's a shark. Actually he's THE shark.
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2013/01/08/pk-subban-pourrait-obtenir-un-contrat-de-quatre-ans

Since then, I've heard all kinds of stuff but none of it was official as the words of Perno.

And from what Bobby Mac tweeted on Bergevin being strong on the 2year deal, I'm starting to believe this negotiation is a lot more about Bergevin being stubborn as a rookie GM that wants to establish a rep, more than an actual logical negotiation. I can be wrong, but it's the impression I'm getting.
I think you have to look at Meehan's history. This stuff doesn't happen much in the NHL anymore but when it does, it's Meehan's clients. Look at the crazy Doughty contract...

That's fine, it's his job. But this is right out of his playbook. I'm sure Bergevin wants to sign the guy, I'm also sure that Meehan's making things as difficult as possible. I knew that this was going to be a problem as soon as I heard Meehan's name.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
For your information...

Gainey is gone
Houle is gone
Gauthier is gone.

The point in that post is that whenever people say "Well you're just an armchair GM!", it undercuts the point of these boards and threads. That questioning Gainey's move for Gomez should be ridiculous since he's an actual GM and we're just armchair GMs.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Just like you and lots of others are saying Subban is ahead of Markov already ? :nod:

Never said that. Said Markov has barely played over 3 years and there's no way to know if he'll remain healthy or not. I even said if he is, and feels great, there's a very good chance he can be #1. So, go ahead and keep inventing stuff, it's what you do best.

And yet, factual.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

If Markov's prime lasted far longer than it did, then I don't think such a discussion is crazy. He was probably a top 10 defender in the league, but only for a few years. Markov was a late bloomer.

But right now neither Markov or Subban deserve to be anywhere near that discussion.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Never said that. Said Markov has barely played over 3 years and there's no way to know if he'll remain healthy or not. I even said if he is, and feels great, there's a very good chance he can be #1. So, go ahead and keep inventing stuff, it's what you do best.

And yet, factual.

from wishful thinking to very good chance... :help:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The point in that post is that whenever people say "Well you're just an armchair GM!", it undercuts the point of these boards and threads. That questioning Gainey's move for Gomez should be ridiculous since he's an actual GM and we're just armchair GMs.

Thank you, you have restored my faith in humanity.

Yes I know, it didn't take much but it's the little things man !

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
yeah and ?

I think the point is Subban is comparable to (and possibly better than) guys viewed as potential or already there franchise defenseman much more than he is Diaz or Weber. In fact, Subban is statistically closer to Shea Weber than he is Del Zotto.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006

And yet, factual.

You pick the parts in my post you want to respond to and twist the facts to make it sound like you are right LOL

I wish you were a Bruins fan ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad