Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

HuntersAreOverrated

Aug 28, 2024
Ontario
We do already and he hasn't shot a puck.

They've assembled a large, cranky blueline

Konnor Smith 6'6 217 -20
James Petrovsky 6'3 190 - 19
David Bedkowski 6'5 215 - 18
Brayden Rogers 6' 180 18
Gabriel Smith 6' 3 198 17
Max Bleicher 5'10 189 17
Elliott Arnett 6'1" 198 16
This is something I never put into perspective until recently. Yes, the team lost their (arguably) 6 best players in the off-season (3 OA’s, Barlow, Petrovsky, Guindon) but … only 1 of those guys was a defender (Sedley) + Bleicher played men’s 3rd div hockey in Germany last year so realistically they only have 1 guy who hasn’t played some semblance of Jr. Hockey ( Arnett) until now and that has stood out quite a bit to me (in a positive way). 4 returning D, 1 rookie, 1 import who’s played mens / jr. (Bleicher) and 1 young player with quite a bit of OHL experience for his age (Bedkowski). The offence however is a different story but seeing guys like Crawford and Nansi for example take that next step is really the pivotal factor in this team making the playoffs or looking in from the outside come April.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Delisle has been great for the Attack, today is playing 2C in North Bay.

We can't wait till Bedkowski is ready. The Attack blueline is coming together nicely.

People are finally starting to realize what I was explaining since this fleecing was first rumoured - - that Oshawa made a brutal overpay.

Owen Sound got a 2nd line centre for at least THREE (3) years - - possibly four years - - along with a 2nd pairing defenceman for at least two years, with the slim chance of a third year.

And then there’s a boatload of top draft picks also included. Plus the cash windfall for Owen Sound if and when they get drafted.

Meanwhile, one-and-done Colby Barlow is pointless through five games with a -5 rating and looking like his skates are filled with concrete.

What a fleecing by Owen Sound. Who knew!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
People are finally starting to realize what I was explaining since this fleecing was first rumoured - - that Oshawa made a brutal overpay.

Owen Sound got a 2nd line centre for at least THREE (3) years - - possibly four years - - along with a 2nd pairing defenceman for at least two years, with the slim chance of a third year.

And then there’s a boatload of top draft picks also included. Plus the cash windfall for Owen Sound if and when they get drafted.

Meanwhile, one-and-done Colby Barlow is pointless through five games with a -5 rating and looking like his skates are filled with concrete.

What a fleecing by Owen Sound. Who knew!
I can't speak to players who are not part of this team anymore , but absolutely love our new team members, who both seem to enjoy Owen Sound .
The future hasn't been so promising for a very long time .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad