Tavares, what are you doing? Endorsements?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I don't either but it certainly might embarrass his teammates, friends and family. At best JT might lose other endorsements because they don't want to be associated with a flake. He should just know better or have people around him that do.
What do you or anyone else cares about him embarrassing his friends,family or teammates. Let the people who maybe embarrassed deal with it personally with him.
If you don't like it or believe in it don't buy it and move on. People/fans really need to start getting back into their lane and get out of players lives.
Stop imposing your personal believes, morals and outrage onto athletes. Get mad or happy on how they perform while playing the sport.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
More than anything I’m shocked these are the best endorsement opportunities his team can find him in Toronto of all markets.

The only logical conclusion I can come to us that he actually believes in these things
Placebo effect.

It's not for me, but it probably does less harm than eating fast food and definitely does less harm than the gambling sites that were mercilessly promoted in the past.

More than anything I’m shocked these are the best endorsement opportunities his team can find him in Toronto of all markets.

The only logical conclusion I can come to us that he actually believes in these things
Placebo effect.

It's not for me, but it probably does less harm than eating fast food and definitely does less harm than the gambling sites that were mercilessly promoted in the past.

Placebo effect.

Jun 27, 2005
What do you or anyone else cares about him embarrassing his friends,family or teammates. If you do like it or believe in it don't buy it and move on. People/fans really need to start getting back into their lane and get out of players lives.
Stop imposing your personal believes, morals and outrage onto athletes. Get mad or happy on how they perform while playing the sport.
Let me guess, you're one of those flakes that believe in this crap.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
There'$ no rea$on for him to endor$e the$e thing$ unle$$ he actually believe$ they work.

$o I'll give him a pa$$ here and $ugge$t he actually doe$ u$e the$e thing$ and think$ there'$ a benefit for u$ to u$e them too.

Jun 27, 2005
I wouldn't buy one but there's obviously a market there. Not my definition of a scam, people buy all kinds of wacky things if they believe in them.
Yes, there is market of fools for this amulet. If JT is associating himself with fools then it makes him look stupid. If JT is taking advantage of fools that's even worse. Either way it's a bad idea.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yes, there is market of fools for this amulet. If JT is associating himself with fools then it makes him look stupid. If JT is taking advantage of fools that's even worse. Either way it's a bad idea.

People bought a pet rock...

Also, if anyone had one, they should opt out of criticizing the product.

Jun 27, 2005
People bought a pet rock...

Also, if anyone had one, they should opt out of criticizing the product.
I believe pet rocks were marketed as collectibles like so many other pieces of junk that everyone throws out and in 20 years they might have some value due to rarity. Dumb but harmless.

This amulet is marketed as a health aid or at least protection from invisible things. It probably won't hurt anyone but it's one step away from cancer curing crystals or other "alternative medicines" and therefore should never be promoted.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
What do you or anyone else cares about him embarrassing his friends,family or teammates. Let the people who maybe embarrassed deal with it personally with him.
If you don't like it or believe in it don't buy it and move on. People/fans really need to start getting back into their lane and get out of players lives.
The real issue is spreading the use of pseudo-medical products and information.

John can lather himself in guacamole if he thinks that will give him an advantage, but when these products are available for public consumption, it becomes another issue.

Reactions: 666

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
$239.00???
So much cheaper to do this.

Attachments

• 8c7155cd0edbe780.jpg
    8c7155cd0edbe780.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: Metroid

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's a scam and it's perfectly acceptable to call it that even if a lot of stupid people fall for it.

He doesn't need the money, and he should know better.
What makes it a scam? I doubt Tavares agent and attorneys would let him get involved with something illegal.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's so annoying reading fans trying to defend these guys like they are your family or something. Always trying to make excuses for them. You know that JT doesn't care about you, right? Here, he is promoting a scam and he clearly doesn't care if someone gets duped as long as he gets a cut.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Welp, at least he isn’t telling people to drink bleach and take a horse antibiotic like some buffoon fella did…..

Doesn’t Tavares owe CRA a buttload of money that they are now in court over?

Dudes gotta pay….

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Tavares probably did this for a friend or a cousin.

It seems like a snake oil thing at first glance, but what is the harm in this?

People are sold all sorts of silly and unnecessary things: exotic cars, time shares in Florida, visual art, taxidermy fish, Boa Constrictor, etc.

How does this become part of the collective fan anxieties?

Who cares what Tavares endorses?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Welp, at least he isn’t telling people to drink bleach and take a horse antibiotic like some buffoon fella did…..

Doesn’t Tavares owe CRA a buttload of money that they are now in court over?

Dudes gotta pay….
Oh yeah, some idiot has already brought that up on the 1st page, though.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It's so annoying reading fans trying to defend these guys like they are your family or something. Always trying to make excuses for them. You know that JT doesn't care about you, right? Here, he is promoting a scam and he clearly doesn't care if someone gets duped as long as he gets a cut.
No. We are defending democracy.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Quite right; it's the dark side of idolatry and tribalism, which are key aspects of being a fan. But, like anything, it can be taken too far, and if you get past the point of criticism, it's not a good thing.

And I mean, it's two days in a row with things like this; it's a bit concerning.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad