Owen Sound Attack 2024-25 Season, Part I

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
This team has started to make some noise of late which is nice to see.

Last night the team really showed how to flex their offensive muscles against a young team who had some very good pieces that will be a tough team to play against in Peterborough.

The big key difference that I've seen in the past couple of games is even when the boys stumble and the opposition capitalizes on their opportunities the group doesn't get discouraged and they dig their heels in and turn the game their chances into stats on the gamesheet.

Last night's game showed that even when we looked like the team got into defensive trouble they didn't let Peterborough get too much momentum and came away with a big 7-2 win in the 3rd game in this 4 game stint. The other big key thing I noticed was putting Koprowski in the crease he's a big goalie who has a large coverage of the crease even when he covers the lower half of the net.

Onward to North Bay Monday and the final game in this 4 game stretch.

Reactions: three dog night

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Have to keep pointing out how good the Smith/Bleicher pair continues to be. Plus three again tonight, both making smart, strong plays to create offence and good breakouts. They've hardly been out for a goal against this year.

Nansi's breakout continues, he's going to be a handful for teams for years.

Already enjoying this team so much more than last year's edition. Wray has brought back that blue collar mentality to thks team in just 7 games.
There will be some decisions to be made on the blueline when Bedkowski is ready.
By all accounts he is a top 4.

I like Bleichers game.
And G Smith is starting to Excell with regular playing time .

The team is ahead of where I thought they'd be early in the season .

HuntersAreOverrated

Aug 28, 2024
Ontario
There will be some decisions to be made on the blueline when Bedkowski is ready.

I like Bleichers game.

I am lost as to who they could possibly not dress from the Defensive group once ‘The Big Bedkowski’ (not the big Lebowski, the big BEDKOWSKI) comes back. Maybe a rotation of Bleicher, Smith, Arnett? It’s hard to think that any of those guys would sit for a significant period of time throughout the season.

hockeyisbest

Oct 1, 2024
I am lost as to who they could possibly not dress from the Defensive group once ‘The Big Bedkowski’ (not the big Lebowski, the big BEDKOWSKI) comes back. Maybe a rotation of Bleicher, Smith, Arnett? It’s hard to think that any of those guys would sit for a significant period of time throughout the season.
No idea why Oshawa traded away Bedkowski, highly underrated player, and underplayed for two seasons, but if you guys would like to give him back to Oshawa, we sure could use him. And Delisle!

Reactions: HuntersAreOverrated

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
And 1/2 price pizza on Tues. I was thinking last week we might not see that to often this season and the boys go out and nail it for us. Good to chat last night are you sitting in those seat all the time?
Haha I was thinking the same thing. They scored 6 in Niagara on the road and I thought it could be awhile before we see that again and they deliver the next night at home.

Good chatting with you as well. I don't have season seats but I generally try and sit in that area. Seems to be a little extra leg room, can see the benches and watch the Attack shoot twice a game.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound

I like Bleichers game.

Could be an unpopular opinion but I think the move I'd make is to keep the D pairings the same and just swap Bedkowski for Rogers. Arnett has already shown he can play and make an impact. The G.Smith and Bleicher pairing has performed well and I'd leave it alone.

That's not to say Rogers has necessarily been bad but the competition has been better. They've tried to use Rogers on the PP as QB but to me, when the puck is on his stick he tends to slow down. Petrovski is a much better fit in that role. Rogers of late has been shifted to PP2 which I think Bleicher could take that over. Rogers has also made a few pretty glaring defensive mistakes.

It probably ends up in some sort of a rotation I would imagine though, similar to what they are doing with the 13th and 14th forwards. I'd prefer that over having someone sit for an extended stretch. I think the coaching staff has done a nice job keeping everyone involved to this point.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Agreed . Tough decision.
It's been a while since we've been in this position .
I would be extremely surprised if Bleicher ever sits .
As an import, they and him want him in the ice .

HuntersAreOverrated

Aug 28, 2024
Ontario
Agreed . Tough decision.
It's been a while since we've been in this position .
I would be extremely surprised if Bleicher ever sits .
As an import, they and him want him in the ice .
The swap with Rogers is definitely interesting. I just think his offensive ability from the back end might be worth too much to keep out of the line up. Has about as many assists as games started and while I think his defensive zone play is not perfected yet, I think he’s made strides at closing gaps and winning 1 on 1 battles with on-coming forwards. This is the perfect example (in my opinion) of a ‘good problem’ to have.

The swap with Rogers is definitely interesting. I just think his offensive ability from the back end might be worth too much to keep out of the line up. Has about as many assists as games started and while I think his defensive zone play is not perfected yet, I think he’s made strides at closing gaps and winning 1 on 1 battles with on-coming forwards. This is the perfect example (in my opinion) of a ‘good problem’ to have.
Sorry I meant this as a response to Stellar29 🤝

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad