Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Germany's Hlinka Gretzky Cup roster...

1722347392914.png

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Congratulations to Max Bleicher on being named to Germanys Hlinka Gretzky roster. His team is listed as Owen Sound.
Although Germany shouldn’t do too well as per usual- him playing against these other teams like Canada, USA, Sweden etc will be really good for him. Those 3 are without a doubt better than most of the chl teams

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Michael McNiven has retired from professional hockey and has joined the Powell river kings in the BCHL as an assistant coach.

Wonder if he ever makes his way back to Owen Sound

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Michael McNiven has retired from professional hockey and has joined the Powell river kings in the BCHL as an assistant coach.

Wonder if he ever makes his way back to Owen Sound
To answer that simply, never say never there's been a fair number of ex-players in the whole CHL that are former players who coach when they retire.

The real thing is do they want to coach and/or stay in the game or not. Some do in some capacity managers, scouts, player advisors, coaches, owners etc. It's good to see Nivey stay in the game somewhere and who knows where players will end up. The real things for these kids when they come into the league is to understand that even though the end goal is always to go pro in the NHL but it's not the only outcome they have, some take their scholarships and and venture into other areas away from hockey but those who are most passionate in the game always find a way stay connected in some way.

Reactions: frontsfan67

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
For Owen sound is it a rebuild year if so will Barlow be moved?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Any idea who may be in on Rehkopf/romani??

I assume Oshawa probably would be a front runner for Rehkopf with smith and how they’re positioned
I am not sure Oshawa is a front runner for any of the big names that could be traded. I am also not convinced that Oshawa is a true contender this coming season. They have lost a large part of their offence with Connor Lockhart, Stuart Rolofs, Rasmussen Kumpulainen and likely Dylan Roobroeck graduating. They are strong on defence and in goal with Jacob Oster. I do not think they the offensive or forward depth to contend. In my opinion they need to add an offensive centre, depth on the wings and a left shot defenceman. They have limited draft picks to make many moves. Carson Rehkopf could cost a 2007 or 2008 plus likely two, 2nds and two, 3rds. This would leave the Generals with only two, 2nds, three, 3rds and five, 4ths to make the other moves they need. Brantford and Brampton could outbid them in any deal for a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad