Post-Game Talk: Jerod Mayo Era begins with a W: Patriots 16 Bengals 10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta just play hard

Football so unpredictable

2 days ago the Packers were my SB team

They lose Love and if they were playing Patriots next week I’d take Pats

Injuries are so huge in this sport especially at QB

Reactions: bbfan419

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
You don't get credit for posts you wanted to make, and since I'm alone today with a sick toddler I didn't get a chance to say this even though I wanted to about 30 minutes before kickoff:

"Pats win today and then finish the season 4-13."

The f***ing kicker is I switched my Cincy KO pick to Seattle at that time, and now I'm going to lose to Bo f***ing Nix anyway.
I believe you

You are is real as anyone here

Hope your toddler gets well soon (when I told Julia you were having a child a few years ago she said you will be unbelievable dad)

4-13 seems right but injuries are so gsme changing

Reactions: EverettMike

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm shocked I don't think we got Cincy's best with Chase's holdout no Higgins and we really have zero offensive playmakers but Mayo looks very competent. OL was nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be and if anything was good.

This isn't our year but we don't want to suck for long I want to be a contender next season.

Brady will improve and be better next couple of weeks. Its not like hes been a pro announcer since he left college.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is the way the Pats will win any games this year, low scoring where the D plays well, we get good running game and Brisset is adequate.
I kind of feel like that was also the idea for the Cam Newton year but their defense and special teams got hit by covid opt-outs and I'm pretty sure Newton was freestyling and going off-plan and throwing more by like week 4.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They definitely still need a LT but the other 4 slots did well

Okorafor and Lowe were quite bad. Okorafor maybe should be put back at RT where he’s more natural

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I think the biggest problem for Brady is he's replacing a guy in Greg Olsen who is terrific at the job. Might be the best in the business. So sure Brady will get better at the job but will probably never come close to what Olsen is. Throw in the part about restrictions once he becomes part owner of the Raiders and I really don't want to see him do this job. He's already mild as it is.

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If Fox wants Brady to succeed they should stick Edelman in the booth too. If anyone can get something out of Brady maybe it's him. I told my father in law they should tell Brady to have a couple pregame beers to loosen up.

Reactions: Alicat

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
These hats that Mayo and McCarthy wore today? I am sure others. I think they suck.

The equivalent to Brady as an announcer is probably ARod on Sunday Night Baseball back in the day

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I love Brady, but he’s terrible at this job.

Hard pass.

It'd be one thing if it was simply a voice/personality issue, but there's a lack of insights and the amount of dead air time suggests a serious preparation problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad