Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
He will need to decide if holding out is worth it .

It won't help him convince the Jets he's pro ready.
Pros generally don't include ' I'll only play if my bestie does too" clause.

I think at some point, someone will point out there's a number of destinations that will advance his career more than sitting at home watching opportunities evaporate.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go from Winnipeg in October directly to ????

There's no coming back to OS now .

If Barlow is intent on not playing for OS, it would be in no one’s best interest to not accept a reasonable trade immediately.
I think DeGray/OS would be impacted most negatively if a quick solution was not found.

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
If Barlow is intent on not playing for OS, it would be in no one’s best interest to not accept a reasonable trade immediately.
I think DeGray/OS would be impacted most negatively if a quick solution was not found.
What's your 'reasonable '?

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
To Oshawa:
-Colby Barlow
-Konnor Smith

To Owen Sound:
-Luca D'Amato (can mentor the young D in the 1st half then flip him at the deadline)
-Tristan Delisle
-David Bedkowski
-3x2nds
-2x3rds

Is that reasonable?
Bedkowski and picks are interesting.

The Attack have another OA dman, I don't know enough about Delisle, the Attack have a couple 17 yr olds in Crawford and Nansi that likely have more upside .

Not sure this would get it done .

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
it’s the same because he only wanted to go to one spot.
Exactly.

You can not waive a NTC only specific for certain teams.

They can, and they will.

OHL4Life said it could be slightly larger, but players will dictate exactly where they want to go.

Othmann did it to Flint a few years ago as well, I think I heard his list was 2. Hayes list was 1.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

The Attack have another OA dman, I don't know enough about Delisle, the Attack have a couple 17 yr olds in Crawford and Nansi that likely have more upside .

Delisle was the Gens best rookie the majority of the season last year and looks even better in camp (it's just camp, I know). Delisle is better than Nansi and similar to Crawford I'd say, not that it matters, you'd be pairing him with them for your next good team in 2-3 years

Reactions: Millpond

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Think OS would be underwhelmed by the return then since Barrie doesn't have many picks. They only have 2x2nd and 3x3rd left and are making another trade for an import soon and still need 1 more OA as well

Barrie could fill all the OS pick voids with 2, 2(3), 4, 5, 2(6) picks in addition to some 2006-07 born players with upside given opportunity. There is also the possibility of a two part trade or a three team trade.
Oshawa is probably not as locked-in on Barlow as Barrie. Oshawa could look at all the potential options including; Musty, Pinelli, VanSteensel, Wakely, …

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound

Take D'Amato out of the equation and this actually might be fairly close. Bedkowski is 6'4" and 218lbs with a late birthday, draft eligible this year. Plays the right side which fills a need. Delisle fits the Attack profile that DeGray and Wray have talked about wanting to play like. Had a very nice rookie season last year. Those would be nice player pieces. Not entirely sure on the picks piece but it looks close in my opinion.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Barrie could fill all the OS pick voids with 2, 2(3), 4, 5, 2(6) picks in addition to some 2006-07 born players with upside given opportunity. There is also the possibility of a two part trade or a three team trade.
Oshawa is probably not as locked-in on Barlow as Barrie. Oshawa could look at all the potential options including; Musty, Pinelli, VanSteensel, Wakely, …
You need to more than just fill holes when talking a Barlow trade though. You need max value for one of the better players your franchise has ever had

In order for a 2 part trade, Barrie would need to overpay in picks now and then get some of those picks back at the deadline for Vaughan, which we just said they don't have enough picks to do

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You need to more than just fill holes when talking a Barlow trade though. You need max value for one of the better players your franchise has ever had

In order for a 2 part trade, Barrie would need to overpay in picks now and then get some of those picks back at the deadline for Vaughan, which we just said they don't have enough picks to do

I think you can just fill pick voids if giving up players as well.
I think a top 5 pick traded in January has happened twice, both times by Sarnia; so while Barrie might not balk, it should not be considered a given that Vaughn is traded.
But if he were; Vaughn, 2, 3 would roughly be the cost for Barlow? Barrie and OS could easily work out a two part trade if Barlow does not play the first half of the season in OS. And if needed; Barrie could trade Lowe, J.Newton, Handsor for several picks.
[/QUOTE]

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
To Oshawa:
-Colby Barlow
-Konnor Smith

To Owen Sound:
-Luca D'Amato (can mentor the young D in the 1st half then flip him at the deadline)
-Tristan Delisle
-David Bedkowski
-3x2nds
-2x3rds

Is that reasonable?
I think Owen Sound is set with OAs with Konnor Smith going out and wouldn't need/want D'Amato. I think players can't be moved to the team originally traded from for 13 months and assuming this also factors into draft picks, The OS 2nd in 2027 and OS 4th in 2026 can't come back in the deal. the picks then would likely be something like:

Oshawa 2nds in 2026, 2027 and 2028
Oshawa 3rds in 2025, 2027
Oshawa 4th in 2026

Those picks fill Owen Sound's missing picks in the cupboard and then some which makes a lot of sense. Add that in to the two players Bedkowski and Delisle and I think this package would be pretty attractive for Owen Sound.

Just curious what other Attack fans think?

Reactions: HuntersAreOverrated

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I think Owen Sound is set with OAs with Konnor Smith going out and wouldn't need/want D'Amato. I think players can't be moved to the team originally traded from for 13 months and assuming this also factors into draft picks, The OS 2nd in 2027 and OS 4th in 2026 can't come back in the deal. the picks then would likely be something like:

Oshawa 4th in 2026

Those picks fill Owen Sound's missing picks in the cupboard and then some which makes a lot of sense. Add that in to the two players Bedkowski and Delisle and I think this package would be pretty attractive for Owen Sound.

I would take that tbh. A better version of the package DeGray got for Suzuki in 2019 and even if it didn't include a premier talent, the team got great value out of Mark Woolley and Barrett Kirwin. I'd be hesitant to trade with Barrie at this point unless Moses is on the table because Vaughn can't be traded until January.

Could also help the Attack be competitive next year for Carter George's last season.

Only thing would be to take out D'Amato and Oshawa can find a home for him elsewhere.

Reactions: Stellar29

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think you can just fill pick voids if giving up players as well.
I think a top 5 pick traded in January has happened twice, both times by Sarnia; so while Barrie might not balk, it should not be considered a given that Vaughn is traded.
But if he were; Vaughn, 2, 3 would roughly be the cost for Barlow? Barrie and OS could easily work out a two part trade if Barlow does not play the first half of the season in OS. And if needed; Barrie could trade Lowe, J.Newton, Handsor for several picks.
What would the 2 part trade be? I can't see how they can make that work. BAR would need to massively overpay in picks now (can't be players because you can't just send the back) and then get a bunch of the picks back for Vaughan in Jan, but they don't have the picks for that. That can't just give an extra 4th and do Vaughan for a 4th in Jan. It would need to look like a legit stand on it's own trade (like Gens overpaying picks for Tomasino then getting half them back for Castle 6 months later)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Oshawa 4th in 2026

Who will OS's OAs be? D'Amato would be a good leader for the younger guys and can definitely be flipped for another pick. I'd be happy if the Gens were the team that flipped him and get the pick, was just thinking OS would want the leadership and the extra pick that would come with him (DeGray isn't a tank guy)

And for the picks I have never head this to be true, maybe someone else can confirm?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What would the 2 part trade be? I can't see how they can make that work. BAR would need to massively overpay in picks now (can't be players because you can't just send the back) and then get a bunch of the picks back for Vaughan in Jan, but they don't have the picks for that. That can't just give an extra 4th and do Vaughan for a 4th in Jan. It would need to look like a legit stand on it's own trade (like Gens overpaying picks for Tomasino then getting half them back for Castle 6 months later)

It does not have to be as complicated as the three part Oshawa-Niagara trades. Barrie could put together a 10 pick package for Barlow, then get most in similarly valued picks back for Vaughn in January.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It does not have to be as complicated as the three part Oshawa-Niagara trades. Barrie could put together a 10 pick package for Barlow, then get most in similarly valued picks back for Vaughn in January.
The Oshawa/Niagara one was a very clear 2 parter and shows how many picks it takes to get it done.
Barrie only has 2x2nd, 3x3s. They cannot put together a 10 pick package with 5 picks. And also can't act like they're just trading 5th overall Vaughan to OS in January for 3 4ths and a 5th. That's what I'm saying. Barrie doesn't have the picks to make it work. Unless OS gets desperate, BAR would likely either need to give up Shamar Moses+4/5 picks or wait until January and give up Vaughan+4/5 picks. But neither would be a 2 parter

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The Oshawa/Niagara one was a very clear 2 parter and shows how many picks it takes to get it done.
Barrie only has 2x2nd, 3x3s. They cannot put together a 10 pick package with 5 picks. And also can't act like they're just trading 5th overall Vaughan to OS in January for 3 4ths and a 5th. That's what I'm saying. Barrie doesn't have the picks to make it work. Unless OS gets desperate, BAR would likely either need to give up Shamar Moses+4/5 picks or wait until January and give up Vaughan+4/5 picks. But neither would be a 2 parter

As long as the same picks do not get traded back, they can pretty much do any pick trade they like.

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
Who will OS's OAs be? D'Amato would be a good leader for the younger guys and can definitely be flipped for another pick. I'd be happy if the Gens were the team that flipped him and get the pick, was just thinking OS would want the leadership and the extra pick that would come with him (DeGray isn't a tank guy)
They would likely stick with Jordan, McDonald, Hookey. Already made one move for an overager - Doubtful he would want to add another. Obviously if the trade gets hung up on an OA coming back then I think maybe OS takes an added OA and flips them elsewhere.

cruickshankd

Jun 3, 2024

And for the picks I have never head this to be true, maybe someone else can confirm?
Taos Jordan (likely captain),Landon Hookey, and Bruce McDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad