Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
It's pre-season so I don't think either team really cares about the score all that much. They are more interested in assessing where their players are at. I think both teams came away with some pluses and some minuses. It was an entertaining game, but September/October Hockey will do that...many defensive gaps resulting in odd man chances and/or breakways. I liked the compete on both sides. The Aitcheson Smith fight was an added bonus haha.

Do you really see Barlow moving to the Colts? I just don't see it happening, Howie is always so safe, never mortgaging the future entirely...We shall see.

Good luck this year Attack fans!

Reactions: Millpond

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Do you really see Barlow moving to the Colts? I just don't see it happening, Howie is always so safe, never mortgaging the future entirely...We shall see.
Barrie doesn't have the assets to get Barlow right now, especially if @OHL4Life is saying Moses' value is low, as he's their only real chip until January when vaughn is available. And Barrie can't makeup for their lack of prospects with picks, because they don't have an abundance of those either. So could only get Barlow now if Oshawa, Brantford, Brampton, London, etc. are all out on him. Or he specifically says I'll only accept a trade to Barrie and it needs to be done now

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
In terms of goaltending; Owen Sound is going to be required to add a 3rd. George is going to miss time its a given- I do not believe they would qualify under the circumstance for a Loan/ EBUG. Would it be more plausible for Owen Sound to make a trade - Or wait and see what happens on the waiver wire. Interestingly enough Owen Sound is only one of a few teams to only bring through 2 goalies. Have to assume DD has something lined up to bring in someone to fill a hole early in the season and towards Christmas.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
It's pre-season so I don't think either team really cares about the score all that much. They are more interested in assessing where their players are at. I think both teams came away with some pluses and some minuses. It was an entertaining game, but September/October Hockey will do that...many defensive gaps resulting in odd man chances and/or breakways. I liked the compete on both sides. The Aitcheson Smith fight was an added bonus haha.

Good luck this year Attack fans!
I agree with your assessment.

Both teams came away with a 'win'.

As an Attack fan, it is so refreshing to start the season with a clean slate.

This season is all about a rebuild. The first of it's kind since Digger took over . It's all new for many fans, so most nights, compete level and player development will be the focus .

The wins will be secondary .

In terms of goaltending; Owen Sound is going to be required to add a 3rd. George is going to miss time its a given- I do not believe they would qualify under the circumstance for a Loan/ EBUG. Would it be more plausible for Owen Sound to make a trade - Or wait and see what happens on the waiver wire. Interestingly enough Owen Sound is only one of a few teams to only bring through 2 goalies. Have to assume DD has something lined up to bring in someone to fill a hole early in the season and towards Christmas.
There is a plan that doesn't involve a trade .

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Is there a way to get Barlow to London?
Here's a couple options:
1725386220648.png

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
One of things I like to track is the growth, heights and weights, of the Attack players season to season. A few notables this year:

Ben Cormier cuts from 177lbs to 172lbs
Landen Hookey goes from 215 to 222lbs
Sam McCue jumps from 177 to 191lbs
Jake Crawford jumps from 163 to 180lbs(he looked like it camp I thought)
Harry Nansi grows an inch to 6'3" and goes from 174 to 179lbs
Braedyn Rogers goes from 169 to 180lbs
Sam Ethier climbs from 187 to 192lbs
Matthew Koprowski jumps from 180 to 198lbs

Reactions: Millpond and Spills

Bardown99

Jan 20, 2024
Why would OS only book 4 Ex games? Isnt it pretty critical to a rebuild year to see as much hockey before the games count as possible?

Last edited:

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Why would OS only book 4 Ex games? Isnt it pretty critical to a rebuild year to see as much hockey before the games count as possible?
Is it? 4 games is pretty standard for a lot of teams in pre-season.

Usually 2 home and home sets against teams that are either non-divisional or conference opponents. To answer your question about the number of games before "They count" as you pointed out why they want to burn out half the team before the games really count? With realistically 11 new kids on the roster at the moment managing ice time and number of games is something that coaches and GMs want to watch very carefully.

Lots of these kids haven't played a 68 game schedule before even if you add the 4 pre-season games now you're up to 72 games a lot of these kids who are promising but aren't used to playing that length of hockey before.

4 games is a pretty common number I think you'd find most OHL Teams prefer to play for pre-season.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The coaches and mgmt have seen plenty of these kids , 7 days of the past 8 at the rink , and today a team building activity.

Reactions: Stellar29

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
The coaches and mgmt have seen plenty of these kids , 7 days of the past 8 at the rink , and today a team building activity.
I'd argue the team building and practice time together is more valuable than playing an extra game or two. Lots of fresh faces so some time together getting to know one another I think is pretty important. I think the relationships between players on the team holds more value in a dressing room than we probably realize or think.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'd argue the team building and practice time together is more valuable than playing an extra game or two. Lots of fresh faces so some time together getting to know one another I think is pretty important. I think the relationships between players on the team holds more value in a dressing room than we probably realize or think.
To that end, Konnor Smith assumed the leader's role (A) in Barrie .

Reactions: Spills and KFawcett

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
To that end, Konnor Smith assumed the leader's role (A) in Barrie .
I can't say that's overly surprising. The man certainly has a presence lol.

I imagine that lengthy bus ride to North Bay and back to Owen Sound this coming weekend will be another good opportunity for everyone to get to know each other. With so many rookies this year, do you think that's a long enough trip for everybody to get a turn at rookie karaoke? lol.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I can't say that's overly surprising. The man certainly has a presence lol.

I imagine that lengthy bus ride to North Bay and back to Owen Sound this coming weekend will be another good opportunity for everyone to get to know each other. With so many rookies this year, do you think that's a long enough trip for everybody to get a turn at rookie karaoke? lol.
I wonder who picks the music ?

Reactions: Stellar29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad