Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
EgJrCQvXkAIfPtU.jpg

This guy reminds me of Arizona's GM
He was a genius! RIP :-(

My eldest grew up watching LazyTown (UK voiceovers), so I watched a load of it as well.

The Arizona GM isn't fit to sniff Robbie Rotten's jockstrap.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Can't believe Calgary won in OT. They've been really bad in OT this year.

They have 15 loser points! 15! If they won just 3 of those 15, they'd be in a playoff spot and Jets would be out.

Reactions: DAChampion

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Sergachev 1 away from 60 pts now, a mark that Drouin will definitely reach next year on the one year show me deal he is going to sign

Reactions: Hins77

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Silver lining to Boston having great year is Tampa, Carolina, Toronto not going to get close to a Cup. Especially Tampa and that God awful Kucherov

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Silver lining to Boston having great year is Tampa, Carolina, Toronto not going to get close to a Cup. Especially Tampa and that God awful Kucherov
Kucherov rules. Incredible player, another 100 pt season from him this year.

Interesting find: Beaconsfield native Alex Killorn might break his career high 59pts this year at age 33.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
ugh yes but Boston is still my most hated out of that group, I just can't forgive the Chara/Pacioretty thing and all those shenanigans in the 2000s.

even though I can recognize it's a very well run hockey club that has remained competitive for nearly 20 years now, that's almost Red Wings territory.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
ugh yes but Boston is still my most hated out of that group, I just can't forgive the Chara/Pacioretty thing and all those shenanigans in the 2000s.

even though I can recognize it's a very well run hockey club that has remained competitive for nearly 20 years now, that's almost Red Wings territory.
Based on your comments, guessing you are too young to remember the 70’s and 80’s? Man, if there was a Bruins era to hate. My memory is hazy, but I think division rivals played each other at least 8 times a season and we had so many playoff series against them. Ugh, I hated Boston then as I still do now.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Kotkaniemi with career highs in points and goals scored, nice to see.

Debrincat hasn't yet passed Caufield in goalscoring, like four months after Cole stopped playing lol, this kids good.
Great for KK, but we are better with Dach...

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
What if i told you it was never about Dach and KK but about Dvorak and KK ?
But there is also no garantee that KK sign a contract in Montreal after his offer sheet year. Bergevin could have kept the picks for sure and find a better deal than that Dvorak trade. Anyway, I'm just saying that KK is the past and Dach is our future, and it helps to move on that OS story.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I can't believe they pulled a Timmins right before the Letang pick :slaugh:

Post lock out draft with mirror rounds

This is why having multiple picks have value contrary to what lot of guys here believe. If they don't have that extra 2nd round pick then there's no Letang there's only legendary hero Micheal Gergen.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
This is why having multiple picks have value contrary to what lot of guys here believe. If they don't have that extra 2nd round pick then there's no Letang there's only legendary hero Micheal Gergen.
I wouldn't trade Hutson for Beck or Mesar at this point. There's a chance without the second first and second we just end up with Slaf and Mesar, who I don't think was in danger of being picked before the second round.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wouldn't trade Hutson for Beck or Mesar at this point. There's a chance without the second first and second we just end up with Slaf and Mesar, who I don't think was in danger of being picked before the second round.

You're right it's very possible Mesar is still avalaible when we speak in the 2nd so with no extra pick it's maybe only Slaf and Mesar and yeah it's far less enticing.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Kotkaniemi with career highs in points and goals scored, nice to see.
He is in a good stretch lately indeed, but overall over the entire season, he is still producing pretty much at the same rythmn as before. I guess we will see next year if KK will continue to improve.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Sergachev's development is a lesson for our young D men: it takes time for D-men to develop their game and reach their potential. we need to be patient with Harris, Barron, Guhle, and Xhekaj for a few years.

It's very exceptional for Ds to reach their potential within 2-3 years from joining the pros.

Is Sergachev really a lesson in patience? Tampa put him in the league as soon as the acquired him in his D+2 year as a 19 year old and he scored 40 points as a rookie. He was obviously still sheltered at that point, but that has more to do with him being behind Hedman and McD on the left than any sort of master plan.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Is Sergachev really a lesson in patience? Tampa put him in the league as soon as the acquired him in his D+2 year as a 19 year old and he scored 40 points as a rookie. He was obviously still sheltered at that point, but that has more to do with him being behind Hedman and McD on the left than any sort of master plan.
Yes, it is a matter of patience because he's only really broken out offensively at 24 years old in his 6th nhl season.

I'm not talking about patience to see if someone is ready to play at the nhl level. I'm talking about patience in terms of blossoming. I see a lot of comments frustrated with Harris, and others calling Barron soft, and Guhle weak. These are kids playing a position that takes a few years to settle into.

As for the rest of your post, isn't sheltering him behind better D man an actual plan though? They had the luxury to let him develop in that way and it worked for them.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
How much did that set you back$? I had no idea that cards that old could still be ordered, care to elaborate?
you can get these cool unopened boxes on etsy from suppliers. The suppliers I purchased from are in ontario. It's a fun way to reconnect to one's childhood. I ordered a few hoping to find a Gretzky.. didn't happen :(

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad