Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It most likely was the case. With all the heat on him after he testified in front of congress regarding the hazing.
I mean we all know he knew. There's no way he did not. I've been around sports my whole life and this was one of the worst kept secret in sports. People just always looked the other way cause boys and men are not supposed to complain. But everyone knew. It just took one guy with enough guts to talk about it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Jon Cooper, how safe is your job? The players are unhappy in Tampa, there is no way they are this bad and it wouldn't be the first time this happened in the league.
GM too. They might clear the whole house this summer if they can't get past the Laffs. Lot of their contracts are potentially really bad. I mean Cernak at 5.2 is awful. I like Cirelli but man 6 millions is brutal for a guy like him. And unlike many here i really like Sergachev but not sure i would pay 8.5 millions for him. That's a lot of money for guys who are not elite.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
GM too. They might clear the whole house this summer if they can't get past the Laffs. Lot of their contracts are potentially really bad. I mean Cernak at 5.2 is awful. I like Cirelli but man 6 millions is brutal for a guy like him. And unlike many here i really like Sergachev but not sure i would pay 8.5 millions for him. That's a lot of money for guys who are not elite.
Winning is expensive that's for sure.

Reactions: Fenris

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We got Dvorak though…lol Bergevin was so bad
Kotkaniemi sucks man. 30-40 point player at 3rd overall is brutal. He's better offensively than Dvorak but worse defensively and signed to an awful contract. That was probably Tampa's worst game in the past 5 years.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The Lightning looked like old, slow and done a whole lot last year too, and even lost game one 5-0 to the Leafs.

Right now they’re in the exact same spot they finished last year: tied for 7th in the league with NYR (by pts%)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Kotkaniemi improved in the second half of this season, he'll probably have a good career and be better than Dvorak.

But there would have been a circus if he had stayed here, and we might not have had the Romanov for Dach trade.
I would be fine with getting the 1st for JK. Not the best outcome but not the worst either. Still think he'll settle in as a defensive 3rd line center. I think people underrate his defensive game personally. He's just 22 in 2-3 years he'll be a good defensive center. Defensive 3rd line center usually don't go for much more than a late first.

My main problem was paying even more than we got for JK to acquire Dvorak. That was a dumb move made by a GM panicking. Personally i think when all will be said and done in 15 years or so JK will have had a better career than Dvorak. Not by a much but still we should not have paid more to get Dvorak.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He now has 2 more points than Dvorak :P

That's why i have so much respect for Pens management. They never fell in the trap of giving too much money to guys not maned Malkin, Crosby and Letang. When J. Staal wanted to be paid they said goodbye.
The Bruins are another comparable, they managed to keep salaries in check and were able to stay competitive because of it.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
IGilles Courteau, who was going to step away as Commissioner of the Q after this season just submitted his resignation effective immediately:

Good riddance. The man was a dinosaur who never improved the league to keep up with the times.

It was becoming a bush league devoid of talent but yet instead of blaming himself for that kept blaming the Habs instead

Moron

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad