Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At this point, the East will be so competitive that the team that will get out from the East might have no juice left against the Western team that they will face...

Reactions: HuGort and 1909

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Its easy to root against the rangers given the distinct advantages they have as an organization.

Thankfully, as their entire existence indicates, they almost always deliver a failure.
True I don't like them much but I do prefer them to Boston who look poised to conquer the East.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Connor McDavid has 47 (29 games -- 1.62ppg) of his 118 points against playoffs teams and 71 (33 games -- 2.15 ppg) against non playoffs teams and 45 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.
My brain has been fried twice, thanks

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Was hoping against all hope Boston was going to come up short with the $$ to sign Pastrnak...

So damn jealous of them

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
And MB apparently really wanted Pasta.. ok then, he couldn't have made a trade with boston 1 spot?? Nahh we'll take Scherbak.
FWIW - Moving even 1-spot up after 20OA typically costs 1-2 2nd round picks - Habs didn’t have any in 2014

Gord Miller was talking a few months back about how difficult & now rare it is to see teams move up pick position in 1st round @ draft unless they’re trading established players because the cost has become exorbitant. Even to move up 1-spot after pick 20, which starts with one 2nd round pick if viewed as a deep draft otherwise it’s two 2nds

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Gonna keep watch on Kane tonight reunited with the Breadman...
When i seen this stat , I decided to drop a few $ down on Kane tonight.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Connor McDavid has 47 (29 games -- 1.62ppg) of his 118 points against playoffs teams and 71 (33 games -- 2.15 ppg) against non playoffs teams and 45 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.
Yeah I could see how much of a waste of ice he was last night against the playoffs bound Leafs...

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I get it.

But I also respect the way Boston has built it. They did it without tanking.
Hamilton was a 9th oa
Seguin was a 2nd oa
Phil Kessel 5th oa
Joe Thornton 1st oa, Samsononv 8th oa
two other top 10 in the two years before Big Joe (one busted hard)

Boston do 2 years-ish at the bottom every 7 years or so. They sell some vets for picks, draft well post 1st round, signs some UFAs and right back into the playoffs afterwards. Rinse and Repeat since forever (I stopped checking after the 80s).

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Right, they did it with competence!
Boston has been the class of the league for the past 15 years. Moreso than Tampa Bay.

And MB apparently really wanted Pasta.. ok then, he couldn't have made a trade with boston 1 spot?? Nahh we'll take Scherbak.
I remember when we drafted Mailloux, posters were asking "why didn't they just take a similar prospect with that pick?" As if they're all interchangeable and you just develop scherbak into pastrnak

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Hamilton was a 9th oa
Seguin was a 2nd oa
Phil Kessel 5th oa

Boston do 2 years-ish at the bottom every 7 years or so. They sell some vets for picks, draft well post 1st round, signs some UFAs and right back into the playoffs afterwards. Rinse and Repeat since forever (I stopped checking after the 80s).
They're the masters of the 2 year reset. Been doing it like that since forever.

Reactions: morhilane

Jul 6, 2016
They're the masters of the 2 year reset. Been doing it like that since forever.
They were fortunate this year to have Bergeron deciding to not retire, and Krejcy coming back from his country for another kick at the can. Without these two, a totally diffrent story.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Boston has been the class of the league for the past 15 years. Moreso than Tampa Bay.

I remember when we drafted Mailloux, posters were asking "why didn't they just take a similar prospect with that pick?" As if they're all interchangeable and you just develop scherbak into pastrnak
This is a very good point… assuming Scherbs and Pasta had similar draft prospect profiles. Otherwise different teams might prefer or heavily bias toward certain qualities or essential traits.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Hamilton was a 9th oa
Seguin was a 2nd oa
Phil Kessel 5th oa

They didn't tank for Seguin and Hamilton. They got those picks from the Leafs for Kessel compliments of Brian Burke. They both got traded for questionable returns. Joe Thornton was drafted last millennium.

Bruins kind of remind of the Red Wings from the early-2000s. Key players take discounts to stay there. They remain at or near the top of the standings every year despite predictions that this will be the year they show their age.

Reactions: zeeto

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

Sounds about right as to what our development program was like before hugo.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Pierre-Luc Dubois has 19 (28 games) his 55 points against playoffs teams and 36 (32 games) against non playoffs teams and 24 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.
I am sorry for you because you're gonna regret this one for a long long time :laugh:

Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Its easy to root against the rangers given the distinct advantages they have as an organization.

Thankfully, as their entire existence indicates, they almost always deliver a failure.
i still remember in the 70's before the cap how NY and Stars were both signing the best free agents on the market years after year. Each time, i remind telling my friends that they were unbeatable , but each season they found ways to loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad