Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Ya, i should’ve specified i believe he’s going there.

My guess is Arizona will pay him 13m$ a year x 7

Hometown hero

New building

Will have tons of good young players by the time he gets there

He’s gonna b a PR dream, he’ll be on every commercial, every ad and at every state event.

Beautiful state to live in….just makes sense but of course, he can always opt to sign with the Kings.
Yeah that was clear.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I doubt it. Money, sure, but no self respecting athlete would want to sign there.

Reactions: jaffy27

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Pierre-Luc Dubois has 19 (28 games) his 55 points against playoffs teams and 36 (32 games) against non playoffs teams and 24 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ZUKI and Redux91

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The leafs moves aren't all that impressive to be honest. Tampa will still beat them first round.

Tampa is a better team. The question is how much gas they have left in the tank. We know the leafs have plenty because they exit the playoffs almost as soon as they enter them year after year.

Reactions: DAChampion

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Pierre-Luc Dubois has 19 (28 games) his 55 points against playoffs teams and 36 (32 games) against non playoffs teams and 24 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.
I'd be very curious to get those kinds of stats for the top 30 (or 20, or 50) scoring leaders in the NHL.

Sounds like an obvious thing that they'd get more points vs bottom feeders vs actual good teams. Doesn't change my opinion of him one bit.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Can they gel as a team is the big question mark in my mind.

Its easy to root against the rangers given the distinct advantages they have as an organization.

Thankfully, as their entire existence indicates, they almost always deliver a failure.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Do you really think the Habs don’t need a PPG forward with size and skill?

Do you really think this stat split you pulled out is in any way damning or unusual?

• Love
Reactions: MasterD

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
without Chychrun, that could help Arizona sink even further into Beddard territory...if they happen to get him that itself might be worth the trade, not even considering the ottawa pick
Chychrun has been rather inconsequential to Arizona win/lose rate, they even won a few in a row after they sat him.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
They’ll be selling 2026 First rounders lol

This team is so f***ed….no picks and Matthews leaving for Arizona the second he becomes UFA

SportsNet will have a complete and utter meltdown

I wanna be glued to my TV set with a nice scotch when that day comes to fruition.
It’ll be two years of, “McDavid to Toronto” headlines.

• Haha
Reactions: jaffy27

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Do most players produce less against weaker opponents? I'm not sure if this ratio is typical or abnormal.

• Love
Reactions: MasterD

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The grammar in your post is so bad that it cannot be discerned what your actual argument is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's so not a seller's market. Price for Bertuzzi is dumb. Highway robbery by Boston. Just like robbery for Sens. And all this in our division. If people think we are 2-3 years away....you are BADLY mistaken.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
RNH I think just knocked all the trade value out of Holl.
I was surprised at RNH's pugilistic skills.

It's so not a seller's market. Price for Bertuzzi is dumb. Highway robbery by Boston. Just like robbery for Sens. And all this in our division. If people think we are 2-3 years away....you are BADLY mistaken.
Agreed. While Hughes is sticking to a strategy which I am OK with, the other teams are in a position to be more aggressive.
This rebuild will continue to be painful.
Habs still haven't addressed future goaltending. What we have currently ain't it.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Connor McDavid has 47 (29 games -- 1.62ppg) of his 118 points against playoffs teams and 71 (33 games -- 2.15 ppg) against non playoffs teams and 45 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Connor McDavid has 47 (29 games) of his 118 points against playoffs teams and 71 (33 games) against non playoffs teams and 45 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.

I’ll take McD’s 1.62 PPG against playoff teams anyday

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Connor McDavid has 47 (29 games -- 1.62ppg) of his 118 points against playoffs teams and 71 (33 games -- 2.15 ppg) against non playoffs teams and 45 points against bottom 10 teams. This should tell us what kind of player he is and it’s not one we should have in Montreal.
WHAT!? The guy produces more against weaker competition!? Damn, somebody needs to step in and teach this McDavid bum how to be a better person. He clearly lacks character.

Michou, are you out there!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad