Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Chris Snow an Assistant GM with the Flames is back in the hospital, just in case you don't know but he has ALS and was diagnosed in 2019. He was recently in hospital in early December and was discharged just before Christmas.

Good news he was discharged today but this illness sucks especially since it will only get worse as their isn't a cure.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
As a neutral fan Buffalo+Ottawa would probably give the best hockey.

Panthers making it is the worst case scenario.

SmartSelect_20230304-115907_Brave.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Bruins have been seriously out shot in their last few games to the point their goalies are breaking records for it. Ullman & Swayman also lead the league by a wide margin for goals saved above expected.

I'm not sure if Bruins are all that good, or they're just getting unprecedented historically good goaltending.

NYR out shooting them 23-13, but losing 2-1.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
As a neutral fan Buffalo+Ottawa would probably give the best hockey.

Panthers making it is the worst case scenario.

View attachment 662992

If Ottawa gets into WC2, they can upset the Bruins. They've played them extremely well this year, and have given them 2 of their losses.

Buffalo vs NJD would be an amazing series too, if New Jersey can take the Division from Carolina.

I would prefer those 2 series over Pittsburgh and NYI.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Bruins have been seriously out shot in their last few games to the point their goalies are breaking records for it. Ullman & Swayman also lead the league by a wide margin for goals saved above expected.

I'm not sure if Bruins are all that good, or they're just getting unprecedented historically good goaltending.

I think they're winning in every possible way right now. Watch them get upset in the first round.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I dunno, the Bruins have nothing to play for right now. They are in the dog days of the regular season and they have been for quite some time.

The big questions for me are whether they are built to last the playoff grind with a couple aging elements to their inner core, and whether these recent acquisitions will find their niche within the club. The latter point is often ignored, but not every player finds their place midseason, no matter their quality.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Riley Stilman from Buffalo got KOed by Tanner Jeannot. That’s a team that should have gotten a tough guy.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
The Oilers and defense.....just proving that having 2 offensive dynamos doesn't mean shit.

Holland is gonna regret not doing more with that D....and Jack Campbell....softie tofties everywhere.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The Oilers and defense.....just proving that having 2 offensive dynamos doesn't mean shit.

Holland is gonna regret not doing more with that D....and Jack Campbell....softie tofties everywhere.
Holland is just awful. Mismanagement has ruined the Oilers, who should be cup favorites every year with Draisaitl and McDavid

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad