Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Dubas finally going to work. The thing is....will it be enough. He should have done that when the East was more takeable.
The East will be a last man standing war of attrition playoffs, all the playoff GMs recognize the West is there for the taking these playoffs.

I’m expecting another big move or two from the silent players: Det, Sens, Buf maybe even Caps

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Pretty Garbage return for Kaner honestly lol
Cracks me up how other teams can help like that

Whatever, as long as the Rags can keep the Leafs from the Cup, im ecstatic
I think the Hawks were handicap in the sense Kane seemed to only want to go to New York. Rangers are pretty lucky, they got Kane and Tarasenko for cheap by getting a team in New York City. Obviously being competitive is a factor too but big name guys seem to wanna go there.

Reactions: zeeto and Andrei79

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I think the Hawks were handicap in the sense Kane seemed to only want to go to New York. Rangers are pretty lucky, they got Kane and Tarasenko for cheap by getting a team in New York City. Obviously being competitive is a factor too but big name guys seem to wanna go there.
Honestly, I love it.

I also love that they’re not dominant. It’s perfect.

Montreal would be a better destination and draw too if the organization wasn’t perpetually stuck in 1987.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Dubas is making incremental improvements to his roster other than the ROR acquisition which should, ideally, be a big defensive upgrade. Deep depth.

If they acquire another actual star somehow - any position - it’ll be a terrific haul for the playoffs.

Kudos to Dubas for going for it. Too many GMs sit on their hands and refuse to “mortgage the future” while they dither and waste season after season of their star players’ primes.

Reactions: NMacrules

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Rangers will be ridiculous to watch with all that talent and I've always liked the players they added, might have to jump on their bandwagon in the East this year.

Not a team I'd normally cheer for but I'd rather see them go to the SCF and potentially win than Boston, Toronto, Carolina or TB (hate them all). Devils I wouldn't mind either, too bad they'll likely play each other round 1.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Dubas is making incremental improvements to his roster other than the ROR acquisition which should, ideally, be a big defensive upgrade. Deep depth.

If they acquire another actual star somehow - any position - it’ll be a terrific haul for the playoffs.

Kudos to Dubas for going for it. Too many GMs sit on their hands and refuse to “mortgage the future” while they dither and waste season after season of their star players’ primes.
To be fair, he doesnt have much of a choice. Hes locked into a 1st tound playoff series against Tampa and his contract is up. He's gotta go all in here. Props to him for doing it even if it should have been earlier. Bergevin should have done this while Price was in his prime.

Reactions: Samhockey3

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
How many names in and out for the Leafs over the past couple weeks? They will be an actual disaster against Tampa, one year after they should have won the damn series in 5, 6 tops.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i hope, of course, that the Laffs implode and lose in round 1 again...

But habs bias aside, hard not to love what Dubas has done this deadline.
ROR, Lafferty, McCabe & Schenn are very good playoff focused additions, especially to a team bursting with offensive studs but lacking in some grit and effective role players.

Plus he added a 1st that could easily end up a lottery pick. Shit, can you imagine the implosion around here is the Leafs end up picking higher than us in the first round this year :popcorn:

I'd imagine that Laffs fans are pretty stoked right now. hopefully it just means an even bigger fall come late-april lol

George Lebay

Feb 17, 2012
Laval
Analysts working on the NHL trade deadline show on TSN right now

9rxFKcs.jpg

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Cats up 4-0 on Tampa. Bolts definitely not same team this year. Lost their edge or something.

Watching the game, Eric Staal scored his 12th. I thought his career was finished couple of years ago. Good find for Florida. He's playing good game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad