Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Austin Watson
Eric Robinson
Josh Morrisey
Anze Kopitar
Kevin Stenlund
Dimitry Orlov
Morgan Geekie

Are on hat trick watch :x):

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
i hope, of course, that the Laffs implode and lose in round 1 again...

But habs bias aside, hard not to love what Dubas has done this deadline.
ROR, Lafferty, McCabe & Schenn are very good playoff focused additions, especially to a team bursting with offensive studs but lacking in some grit and effective role players.

Plus he added a 1st that could easily end up a lottery pick. Shit, can you imagine the implosion around here is the Leafs end up picking higher than us in the first round this year :popcorn:

I'd imagine that Laffs fans are pretty stoked right now. hopefully it just means an even bigger fall come late-april lol
That first is Boston’s via Washington isn’t it?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine if the Leafs fall in the 1st round again, after all these moves? I do like the moves that were made but now I wonder the massive let down if Tampa knocks them out again.

I think Sandin was too soft for bottom pairing minutes. Schenn better fit. Sandin returned them a first though.

Better return for Sandin that I expected.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Dubas is making incremental improvements to his roster other than the ROR acquisition which should, ideally, be a big defensive upgrade. Deep depth.

If they acquire another actual star somehow - any position - it’ll be a terrific haul for the playoffs.

Kudos to Dubas for going for it. Too many GMs sit on their hands and refuse to “mortgage the future” while they dither and waste season after season of their star players’ primes.
I fear that they changed their line up too much.

THey need to esptablish good chemistry before the playoffs or else the 1st round could be another defeat for the leafs

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Imagine if the Leafs fall in the 1st round again, after all these moves? I do like the moves that were made but now I wonder the massive let down if Tampa knocks them out again.

Better return for Sandin that I expected.
Im intruiged to see the fallout if they lose in the 1st round again. There is no way there isnt a complete overhaul if they lose again. Dubas basically threw the kitchen sink at this run.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I fear that they changed their line up too much.

THey need to esptablish good chemistry before the playoffs or else the 1st round could be another defeat for the leafs
I wonder if their play will dip in March as a result but April is when they need to pull through and its something their core could never do. Bringing in guys like ROR and Schenn who have gone deep will pay off in April.

Jul 6, 2016
I wonder if their play will dip in March as a result but April is when they need to pull through and its something their core could never do. Bringing in guys like ROR and Schenn who have gone deep will pay off in April.
They still need a little more sand paper. than Schenn.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Just noticed that a player I really liked in his draft year, Jérémie Poirier, is having an excellent pro rookie season with Calgary's AHL club. 5g 28a in 50 games.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Im intruiged to see the fallout if they lose in the 1st round again. There is no way there isnt a complete overhaul if they lose again. Dubas basically threw the kitchen sink at this run.

Their struggles have been historic. Lots of non Leafs fans will be watching. Great hockey between the Leafs and Lightning and one top 5 contender is gone after the 1st round.

Tampa is just doing what they do and the Leafs are crowing themselves again already. I actually do hope it works out for them but if it don't, the drama will be entertaining.

Reactions: DavePeak

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Eller to the Avs will be huge. He’ll turn the clock back a bit for another go at the cup

I'm not sure on that. Huge Eller fan and he does a lot of things well in a 3C role that goes unnoticed. However, are the Avs playing him in a 2C role?

Definitely helps to add him in, but I do wonder about where they play him and how it fits. He's not really that offensive but in a 3C role, he fits perfectly there. Kind of like J Staal with the Canes

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I don't see why there should be a fallout. I think he's doing a good job and should given the chance to continue his work.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
New York is staaaacked up front. And they’ve got great goaltending. The East is ridiculous this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad