Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nah it's Harvey Weinstein. Here's Brady:

hqdefault.jpg
Id rather Gothmog hes much uglier and a lot more useless :/

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I feel for the Oilers fans...

Holland looks & sounds more and more lost by the day. Like MB, he seems focused on the wrong things and is squandering prime years of a massive talent (in this case, 2 of them) while trying to be the smartest guy in the room.
To be fair, he wasnt the right guy for Edmonton. His record in Detroit post 2014 wasnt impressive and it was clear his vision didnt reflect the realities of todays game. Holland would be great as an advisor providing advice to a younger GM, but he shouldnt be the main guy.

Reactions: Rapala

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
That's my impression also.

Man was MB's vision ever way off for modern hockey.

Something tells me Hughes has the right idea. But we'll see how it actually plays out. He'll be patient and wait until what he wants is available at the right price.
The moment the game really changed, Bergevin simply didnt adopt. You can see this with how the 16-17 team was built where instead of getting faster, we added grinders and slower guys. In 18-19 he seemed to start to change before going back to slower/bigger players when he attempted to contend.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The moment the game really changed, Bergevin simply didnt adopt. You can see this with how the 16-17 team was built where instead of getting faster, we added grinders and slower guys. In 18-19 he seemed to start to change before going back to slower/bigger players when he attempted to contend.

And whether faster or bigger & slower, skill and talent were always way down on the priority list.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You have to realize however that the margin between a clean hit and a head shot is very thin, and players on the heat of the moments, will do the classic "shoot first, ask questions later". Most of the times we need slow motion replays ourselves to see if this was clean or not, so, how can players be certain at the speed of the game really
I do agree there is grey area however most open ice hits are clean and usually it is the recipient who is responsible for cutting to the middle while puck watching. There are also plenty of very clean solid hip checks that always get a reaction. I've nothing against going after cheap shots and the majority of those are evident to everyone in the arena. Anything from behind or attacks from the blindside are reprehensible but that isn't what we are talking about here. Players are reacting to just about every hit with illegal retalliation and it should be penalized. Cracking down on that one aspect of the game will prevent the officials from losing control. I would much rather an immediate review take place on all controversial hits like they do with changing a 4 minute high stick to a major. One infraction can end a player's career while the other results in some sewing unless it's with intent to injure. I think a precedence has to be set in favor of player safety. The players don't trust the officiating to police the game properly and that is a HUGE problem.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Man missing out on Brady Tkachuk still hurts. Management was trying to be the smartest person in the room, and most of us here were so starved for the center that we diminished everything about Tkachuk. Dorion's eyes lit up when we took KK instead of him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Man missing out on Brady Tkachuk still hurts. Management was trying to be the smartest person in the room, and most of us here were so starved for the center that we diminished everything about Tkachuk. Dorion's eyes lit up when we took KK instead of him.
AS I keep saying...what WE thought or wanted is insanely irrelevant. Was time for Timmins to get a Carey Price out of his hat, receive the hate, and then have the last laugh. I would have gladly take that with Tkachuk too.

I never remember an instance where us wanting somebody made Timmins ultimately pick him...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
AS I keep saying...what WE thought or wanted is insanely irrelevant. Was time for Timmins to get a Carey Price out of his hat, receive the hate, and then have the last laugh. I would have gladly take that with Tkachuk too.
I don't disagree. I mean most of us hated the Romanov pick too and it worked out (even moreso with who he got traded for). Recalling the times where many here said that Tkabust in the top 10 would be a disaster and how horribly wrong we were is just extra fuel to the fire. The Habs never had a plan with KK, they wanted to throw shit at the wall to see if it stuck. At least now we got Dvorak lol.

Also Tarasenko to the Rangers!

oberan1

Aug 9, 2004
Montreal, Canada

I never remember an instance where us wanting somebody made Timmins ultimately pick him...

Louis Leblanc?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Louis Leblanc?
So because he drafted a local player in the first round (at more or less the appropriate rank) than it means he was forced to draft him. That's probably why he went with Patch over Perron too could not pass on the local player that Patch was.

Also this :

1675974462540.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
For now. There's lot of good players avalaible. When it will be 2 minutes to midnight might be different.

Is it me or we got a better return for Chiarot than Stl got for Tarasenko?
Particularly if that pick wins a lottery.

Reactions: Habs13

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So Hoffman for a 4th rounder, Edmundson for a 17th rounder, Monahan for a 3rd rounder in 2029 and Dadonov for Future Considerations in 2234.....

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Not the greatest return for Blues imo...buyers market?

I think there's a finite number of teams who can take Tarasenko's cap hit.. Don't think they retained anything.
Tarasenko isn't the player he once was and he has a no trade clause. NYR is always a favourite landing spot and they have his countryman Panarin (as well as Shesterkin). Many teams would value Anderson more for the playoffs than Tarasenko. The issue with Anderson is his term.

Also keep in mind buyers get more desperate as we get closer to the deadline. Many felt HuGo traded Toffoli too soon last year.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad