Out of Town Thread - New Year's Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
bringing the chain-smoking, tomato-face to any recruitment meeting was a terrible idea
Sadly, I think Michou wasn’t the worst between him, Bergevin and Molson. I wonder who was the most competent out of the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: amethyst

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sadly, I think Michou wasn’t the worst between him, Bergevin and Molson. I wonder who was the most competent out of the 3.

You can win with Molson as an owner. He is more like a fly on the wall, rather than a guy who interferes with hockey decisions. That's what you want.... Or else you get in a Vancouver situation.

I don't know if you can the same about Bergy and MT in their roles wtih respect to building and sustaining a long term contender.

Jul 6, 2016
Cozens just signed a huge deal. He was drafted few spots behind Dach, and has been more productive so far. But Dach is catching up. That's the type of contract Dach could expect if he keeps the same pace.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Stive Morgan

A Symphony of Horror
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Imagine if he played in a pressure filled market like Toronto or Montreal. He cant seem to stay focus when the pressure is high like in the playoffs last year
Goaltender is the position where it's most important to keep your cool too. If he were a forward or defenseman maybe he could channel that frustration into a big hit or a bardown clapper, but when you're frustrated as a goalie, all it does is throw you off your game.

Reactions: donghabs98

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
Then 13 points as a 19-20 years old. That's still only 13 poitns in 40 games ... well unless you want to spin this to fit a narative i guess.
Wow, really? Was he getting run over in nearly every game that season? If so, would've probably been better for him to not be playing in the NHL, gosh golly gee willikers. :nod:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Couzens had only 13 points as a 18 years old. BUST BUST BUST
Dylan Cozens was picked 8th overall

Am I being a homer, or was that Trouba hit on Kadri one of the greatest hits the game has seen?

It certainly ranks up there with the ones Don Cherry used to show on Rock em sock em videos...

Dirty and predatory as usual for Trouba.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto and Shred

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You... you can't be serious ?

Trouba is a bit of a pos and a spot picker, but thar hit was fine.
He sees Kadris head is down, and thats where he decides, as the p***y that he is, that he would destroy him. Chicken wings the elbow for a nice finishing touch. Stays high and jumps through the hit.

There's too many variables here, he is a dirty POG and Id suspend him every time he breathes. I hope he gets clipped in the head with a shoulder like he did to so many players.

He is the most dangerous hitter in hockey.

The standard for a clean hit shouldnt be some uncontrollable factors like "Did he touch the head".
1. Whiplash happens with or without head contact.
2. What is dangerous is predatory hitting. Hitting anyone open ice with their head down should be penalized. Its about respect as players. Kinda like hammer fists arent allowed in fighting, or back of head hits, or finger locks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad