HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dude are you doing your best to be that ridiculous? He didnt drop because of skills but because of contract issues. Now he is in the nhl. And he is the 2nd best player of this draft. You can like Reinbacher as much as you want, but dont try to downplayed what really happened.
Nah he wouldn’t have dropped to 7 if he really equal to Bedard. Grier even said that there were hockey reasons why they picked Smith ahead of him. Lots have said he has issues. Stop putting him on a pedestal as if we passed on f***ing Ovechkin.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Bedard is a generational player. Nobody had as much skills as him last year. What is ridiculous is pretending Michkov is on the same level as Bedard skill wise. Bedard was almost a ppg at 18 playing on a team that would likely not be good enough to make the playoffs in the AHL.
Ok save this post and lets talk again later.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
OT question here but are any of you getting redirected to another site when you attempt to post of move from page to page? It is annoying af and I would like to know how to stop it from happening.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
It's not an opinion......all you actually want is to be right about your original thought to feel somewhat better than management. Truth is, you me and everybody here don't have a single clue about prospects. We don't know 10% of what they know. That goes for everyone here and everyone who thinks they know about prospect on twitter, podcast and whatnot.
What is the point of sharing opinion on this board then ? None of us are expert we are just fan shooting the shit on what we think and want for this team.

I’m gonna criticize management about a lot of things if I want to, like I did for the last 20 years I have been using hockey boards. Get out of here with this we aren’t worthy of opinion bullcrap lmao.

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
just gonna say, this has a chance to make this management look really stupid, the entire reason they passed on mitchkov was the contract reasoning mentioned multiple times, and now we took a D in a forward heavy draft, and are gonna be pigeon holed into a forward in a D heavy draft, looking from the outside it looks really foolish but we will wait and see

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
just gonna say, this has a chance to make this management look really stupid, the entire reason they passed on mitchkov was the contract reasoning mentioned multiple times, and now we took a D in a forward heavy draft, and are gonna be pigeon holed into a forward in a D heavy draft, looking from the outside it looks really foolish but we will wait and see

It wasn't the "entire" reason, at best his contract situation was one of the reasonS they didn't pick him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How do we know it was unknown to Philly? When he got drafted, Michkov said he wanted to come to the NHL as soon as possible since it was his dream.
If it was known to Philly, how was it uknown to others? By the way, 3 day ago, Brière said that they were ready to not have Michkov this year. And he said that at draft day too. Now, we can think that he was bullshitting and that he was known to Philly.

So..here's another question...if he was known to Philly....and uknown to Montreal, was it him asking to play in Philly and not in Montreal? I mean...guess for guess...

What makes you think KH likes reclamation projects?

Dach was 21 when acquired. Newhook 22. They were not reclamation projects they were still young player with upside.
Well I guess to each their own their definition of reclamation. Dellandrea ALSO has upside. And ALSO is young.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This smells Fischer over Giroux 2.0 all over the place.
rofl Reinbacher is a much much much better prospect than Fischer ever was. It's like not even close. The overreaction around here are crazy like they were for Slaf. It's ok to not like the pick. It's another thing to overreact and leave reality aside.

Fischer never made it to the AHL. He spent two seasons in the ECHL as a 22 and 23 years old player and gave up and went to Germany 2nd division. After a year in the 2nd division he was able to get a job in the DEL where he did not dominate. Finished his career in Austria 1st division where he did not dominate either. And Austria 1st division is a very weak league inferior to a couple of 2nd division leagues.

Reinbacher did very well last year in the AHL as a 19 years old player. Small sample size but he looked really good. I'd argue he was our best dman for the last playoffs push. Did well in NLA as a 18 years old player (a league usually considered stronger than any leagues Fischer ever played in). Had a set back this year in the NLA but his team was a gong show and his performance in the AHL (a league similar to NLA) indicate that the problem was likely the team.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Tomato tomato, they made a judgement call on the situation and they were wrong, -1 mark
We don't know if they were wrong. Maybe you think you do but you don't. I do not either. And nobody working for a NHL team paid millions really do either. We will know in about 2 to 4 years. Again fine to not like the pick. I actually don't like the pick either. But it's another thing to pretend they are wrong and such. We don't know yet.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Oh boy.....not a good look for the "he may never come over, no control on his development crew."
It definitely looks bad on management right now. Clearly, the three years without any input for his development wasn't an argument at all.

If Oilers somehow win will teams copy them. Just build a strong offense and forget about goaltending and defense.

If anything, the Oilers model show how important defense is. Their team game and PK has been fantastic ever since their run at the start of the year.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Yeah, because he’s not as infallible as all of his Habs fanboys claim he is.
My god have you by accident bought a Reinbacher jersey already? Im sorry.

Not hard to know Michkov is an actual elite type of prospect that this team never had in 30 years. Literally the spot we need to fill in today's lineup. Oh well we'll keep at Josh Anderson or Newhook , much safer choices to fill out the top 6.

Reinbacher draft was not BPA at #5 something this franchise will never understand.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nobody knew he was coming. NOBODY. Not even Grant McCagg! :sarcasm:

Not hard to know Michkov is an actual elite type of prospect that this team never had in 30 years. Literally the spot we need to fill in today's lineup. Oh well we'll keep at Josh Anderson or Newhook , much safer choices to fill out the top 6.

Reinbacher draft was not BPA at #5 something this franchise will never understand.
Not sure why it's hard to believe that we might make some mistakes with Gorton and most certainly Martin Lapointe. I once asked, in 2005, what was Timmins credentials.

I think that question applies WAY MORE to those 2 guys. The only thing working for them is the belief that Gorton and Hughes know more what they are doing than Bergevin.....but Martin Lapointe CV for head scouting????

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

The irony is the Flyers wanted that #5 pick to draft... Reinbacher.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

No I’m just not as naive to think that Michkov is perfect.

Reactions: Licou and salbutera

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
We don't know if they were wrong. Maybe you think you do but you don't. I do not either. And nobody working for a NHL team paid millions really do either. We will know in about 2 to 4 years. Again fine to not like the pick. I actually don't like the pick either. But it's another thing to pretend they are wrong and such. We don't know yet.
I meant on the contract situation, not how they turn out

No one was proven wrong yet, unless last year draft was a contest on "who is the best at getting out of a KHL contract".
im talking about their reasoning for not taking the pic, this shows not to take them at their word, dont give us reasoning that ends up being wrong all im saying, that shows a negative to judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad