HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I meant on the contract situation, not how they turn out

im talking about their reasoning for not taking the pic, this shows not to take them at their word, dont give us reasoning that ends up being wrong all im saying, that shows a negative to judgement

Well yeah, but it's only because *you* decided their entire reasoning was based solely on that.

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
Well yeah, but it's only because *you* decided their entire reasoning was based solely on that.
I didnt decide anything, its a direct quote from lapointe, doesnt even matter if its the sole reason, its part of the reason, they were wrong, like what are you arguing here

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm happy for the Flyers. Happy that we'll get to watch him. I'm not of the opinion that if he does real well, that I'll be regretting not taking him.

Just glad this is resolved.

Also don't forget, when he came to NA before the draft, the only team he was willing to travel to meet was Philly.

He also switched agents recently, represented by JP Barry and Pat Brisson. So those two influential hockey people definitely helped facilitate this.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm happy for the Flyers. Happy that we'll get to watch him. I'm not of the opinion that if he does real well, that I'll be regretting not taking him.

Just glad this is resolved.

Also don't forget, when he came to NA before the draft, the only team he was willing to travel to meet was Philly.

He also switched agents recently, represented by JP Barry and Pat Brisson. So those two influential hockey people definitely helped facilitate this.
Ill go out on a limb and say he will bust in the nhl . Yes he will score some goals , but he will be very far from an impact player sone expect him to be . Just my opinion …

Nah he wouldn’t have dropped to 7 if he really equal to Bedard. Grier even said that there were hockey reasons why they picked Smith ahead of him. Lots have said he has issues. Stop putting him on a pedestal as if we passed on f***ing Ovechkin.
100pct add to that , even his Russian team seems not tying hard to keep him even if he under contact .

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I didnt decide anything, its a direct quote from lapointe, doesnt even matter if its the sole reason, its part of the reason, they were wrong, like what are you arguing here

It kind of matter if it's the SOLE reason or just one of the reasons, because this isn't the same reasoning process.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
just gonna say, this has a chance to make this management look really stupid, the entire reason they passed on mitchkov was the contract reasoning mentioned multiple times, and now we took a D in a forward heavy draft, and are gonna be pigeon holed into a forward in a D heavy draft, looking from the outside it looks really foolish but we will wait and see
How do you know they passed for that reason ? I say they way more plugged then that . They will not diss the player publicly but i feel they passed way more for his me first attitude . Heck even his Russian team don’t want him .

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Dont draft Michkov he might not play for our team before 2027. Lets draft Reinbacher.

Next season : Michkov will play for Flyers. While Reinbacher will play for Rockets.

The contract concerns never made sense to me, it was a given he'd be coming over regardless if it took the whole 3 years or not. The timetable was right in-line with Reinbacher's anyway. I like David, but you'll never convince me that Matvei wasn't the proper choice to make. It was a no brainer to me.

The fact he's coming over so quickly just hurts even more...

Sigh, I thought we had more time... Hugo may need to find a different tree. :sarcasm:

They better hope he's not what he's made out to be. The fact he's coming over so soon already has bad optics.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Nobody knew he was coming. NOBODY. Not even Grant McCagg! :sarcasm:

Not sure why it's hard to believe that we might make some mistakes with Gorton and most certainly Martin Lapointe. I once asked, in 2005, what was Timmins credentials.

I think that question applies WAY MORE to those 2 guys. The only thing working for them is the belief that Gorton and Hughes know more what they are doing than Bergevin.....but Martin Lapointe CV for head scouting????
1 guy from Bergevin era and the other one on the kakko era , ur right

No I’m just not as naive to think that Michkov is perfect.
Who says is perfect? Mcdavid sucks defensively what's the point?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
So why complain about it in the only thread where discussing him makes sense?
To be contrarian, a vaste amount of Montreal fan we're bitter they took Reinbacher over Michkov post draft. Playing holier than thou is rewarding for some, as if we should support everything management does because we aren't part of NHL staff.

Even if Michkov becomes Kaprizov and Reinbacher top out as Joel Edmunson, you will still see people defending the pick.

Reactions: ReHabs

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I am as high as the next guy on Reinbacher but lets be honest, this one has the potential to be a blunder. Michkov has top 10 forward potential.

Its exciting that Michkov come as soon as next year. He will surely play in PHI rookie camp.

Genuine question tho :

I believe Michov would have been loaned again this year, so with only one year left after, maybe it was better for SKA to let him go and take the Philly deal then loan him again to another KHL team.

Why isn't he playing in SKA next year?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
To be contrarian, a vaste amount of Montreal fan we're bitter they took Reinbacher over Michkov post draft. Playing holier than thou is rewarding for some, as if we should support everything management does because we aren't part of NHL staff.

Even if Michkov becomes Kaprizov and Reinbacher top out as Joel Edmunson, you will still see people defending the pick.
All that is irrelevant. We don't know why they passed on Michkov. Their concerns may be legitimate and he might then turn things around and be a more valuable player tha he porjected to be at draft time. What is important is whether Reinbacher becomes a valuable asset.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
All that is irrelevant. We don't know why they passed on Michkov. Their concerns may be legitimate and he might then turn things around and be a more valuable player tha he porjected to be at draft time. What is important is whether Reinbacher becomes a valuable asset.
Why is it irrelevant? If Michkov becomes a more valuable asset than Reinbacher, it means management made the wrong choice. Simple as that.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Why is it irrelevant? If Michkov becomes a more valuable asset than Reinbacher, it means management made the wrong choice. Simple as that.
Not really.

It's not a video game. How players evolve is dynamic, and very context dependent.

Michkov, or any of the 219 players picked after Reinbacher going on to having a better career than him doesn't mean they'd have had the same career arc were the Habs to have picked them instead of RB...

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Not really.

It's not a video game. How players evolve is dynamic, and very context dependent.

Michkov, or any of the 219 players picked after Reinbacher going on to having a better career than him doesn't mean they'd have had the same career arc were the Habs to have picked them instead of RB...
Nice galaxy braining here. If Michkov becomes an elite forward for Philadelphia and Reinbacher tops out as a top 4 defenseman for Montreal, there is no alternate reality that justifies the pick of the lesser player at #5. Management will have drop the ball on that one.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
just gonna say, this has a chance to make this management look really stupid, the entire reason they passed on mitchkov was the contract reasoning mentioned multiple times, and now we took a D in a forward heavy draft, and are gonna be pigeon holed into a forward in a D heavy draft, looking from the outside it looks really foolish but we will wait and see

Nah.

Reactions: Guy Larose

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Nice galaxy braining here. If Michkov becomes an elite forward for Philadelphia and Reinbacher tops out as a top 4 defenseman for Montreal, there is no alternate reality that justifies the pick of the lesser player at #5. Management will have drop the ball on that one.

It's like that for any given draft.

But right now you are actively looking for a reason to be mad. In all your what if scenario in the last 2 pages, Michkov end up a superstar and Reinbacher end up as David Fischer/Joel Edmunson/fringe top4.... None of that shit happened yet, chill out a bit.

Reactions: Licou and Paddyjack

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What if he doesn’t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad