HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
I think if Florida scores first they have a good chance. Florida looks tired now, but a momentum shift in the final game could spur them on to win. They haven't had a lead since Game 3. Both teams seem to be tough to beat when leading. I hope Edmonton scores early again. Early and often.
This series, the team who scores first is 5-1. Florida is 9-2 when they score first these playoffs, the Oilers usually score first, they are 13-5. The first goal in game seven could be huge either way.

I just hope whoever wins there is no controversary and the boys in the review centre in Toronto can take the night off.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This series, the team who scores first is 5-1. Florida is 9-2 when they score first these playoffs, the Oilers usually score first, they are 13-5. The first goal in game seven could be huge either way.

I just hope whoever wins there is no controversary and the boys in the review centre in Toronto can take the night off.
Do we know which officials are getting the game?

NM
  • Jean Hebert #15 – 13 seasons, 96 playoff games, 2nd Cup Final.
  • Steve Kozari #40 – 18 seasons, 148 playoff games, 5th Cup Final.
  • Dan O'Rourke #9 – 23 seasons, 199 playoff games, 7th Cup Final.
  • Chris Rooney #5 – 22 seasons, 167 playoff games, 7th Cup Final.
O'Rourke and Rooney based on experience?

Reactions: Chili

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014
Yankees in 2004.
Especially given the intensity of the Yankees-RedSox rivalry and the fact that they had dominated the Red Sox for over 85 years...to the point where many believed in a curse.
Nah. That was in the ALCS, this is for the Cup

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Reactions: Deebs

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
If Philly/MM can negotiate so he comes over before his contract is over, could we do the same with Demidov so he plays in Laval next year instead of rotting in the AHL?

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
If Philly/MM can negotiate so he comes over before his contract is over, could we do the same with Demidov so he plays in Laval next year instead of rotting in the AHL?

Rotenberg was asked about Demidov in a recent interview (the context was about Michkov leaving). He pushed back against a Demidov buyout.

Edit: For completeness' sake, here a link to the Rotenberg interview.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Hope Of Glory

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The thing is this though....NOBODY in the Habs managemen have ever talked about him leaving soon or not, the decision why they didn't go with Michkov. Sure, some posters were too fast to thing that he wouldn't leave....but as far as management is concerned, it could clearly be based on a pure hockey decision. Obviously, HAVING somehow to go with a righty D, is an explanation. But maybe they didn't like his overall game period.

Not sure how him coming soon changes their evaluation.....Them, liking Reinbacher and his position changes nothing to Michkov coming today or in 5 years.

Yeah let’s put on blinders about everything else that happens around the league, in the out of town thread nonetheless lmao.
Whether, you, I or any other poster in this board have blinders or not is insanely irrelevant to what happens in any teams in the league...lol. We didn't have to power to pick Michkov....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad