HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I never understood why the Canes let him go.
He doesn't cost a fortune and he was always effective in his role.
I love these glue guys who bring it all season to get you there and then bring it even more when the chips are down.
It's no coincidence I loved Eller and Lehkonen as Habs.
Carolina did strange thing indeed,kept KK over Trotech:loony:

thats-a-huge-red-flag-to-me-marty-hassett.gif

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I predicted that the Panthers let off the gas in game four just to take it back to home ice and win it in game 5, I was wrong yet again lol.
I'm annoyed because I really like trolling western Canadian fans and I say very rambunctious things that make me look foolish when the oilers don't get swept.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm annoyed because I really like trolling western Canadian fans and I say very rambunctious things that make me look foolish when the oilers don't get swept.
Most of our takes on here are just fun with no consequences attached to them. Sport is so unpredictable and we can only comment on what we see happening. Who would have thought the Oilers would find the will to keep fighting to get this tied and heading to game 7?

I haven't watched the series much but I did watch all of Game 6 and it looks like the Oilers are a faster team than the Panthers and they are staying away from the extracurricular crap that Florida feeds off and they are not allowing the Panthers any time and space out there. I would love it if McDavid won in the same way I felt good for Ovechkin but there is still game 7. I didn't see anything for the Panthers to build off in that game, no spark from them to indicate they may have found a way to break through which is something the Oilers were able to after game 3.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The 8-1 game had to plant a serious seed of doubt with Florida. They look like a different team since that game. Oilers playing with a lot of confidence now.

I recall some Edmonton haters saying also this was just an off game because Panthers just let up and felt it was in the bag. Maybe they did but if so, that is a complete failure on the coaches and leaders on the team.

Oilers have arguably controlled 4/6 games:

Game 1: EDM
Game 2: FLA
Game 3: 50-50
Game 4: Edmonton
Game 5: Edmonton (for most of it)
Game 6: Edmonton, despite the pushback from Florida in the second.

I have to reflect on this but this is how I feel right now. Bob did steal game 1… 1,000%. He may had stole game 3. Panthers overall haven’t been great. Their relentless forecheck doesn’t seem relentless anymore. Oilers have been able to handle their physicality also. I felt the Panthers bullied the Lightning, Bruins and Rangers but the Oilers are like that one kid who will push the bully back.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I recall some Edmonton haters saying also this was just an off game because Panthers just let up and felt it was in the bag. Maybe they did but if so, that is a complete failure on the coaches and leaders on the team.

Oilers have arguably controlled 4/6 games:

Game 1: EDM
Game 2: FLA
Game 3: 50-50
Game 4: Edmonton
Game 5: Edmonton (for most of it)
Game 6: Edmonton, despite the pushback from Florida in the second.

I have to reflect on this but this is how I feel right now. Bob did steal game 1… 1,000%. He may had stole game 3. Panthers overall haven’t been great. Their relentless forecheck doesn’t seem relentless anymore. Oilers have been able to handle their physicality also. I felt the Panthers bullied the Lightning, Bruins and Rangers but the Oilers are like that one kid who will push the bully back.
Panthers have played a lot of hockey the past two years. And it’s a rough physical brand of hockey too. They might be out of gas a little bit.

Also, it’s hard to stop the best player in the world. McD is just shy of Lemieux/Gretzky type numbers. Those kinds of guys can just take over and there’s not much you can do about it.

Monday’s gonna be crazy.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
The biggest move the Habs will make is getting dach back.

Other than that, maybe they try to add a top 6 winger but I don't except them to make some big commitment on the market this year. I don't think the timing makes sense right now.
Yeah,let not rush the rebuild like Detroit or Ottawa by adding multiple expensive UFA. Our young player are progressing and we have multiple first round pick.

If Florida loses Game 7, there will be major changes and that 2025 pick will look a bit more interesting.
We have been extremely unlucky with our second first round pick. I still expect it to be around 23-26.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I didn't watch the whole series, but the panthers look out of gas. It's a series worth studying at a metaphysical level though, because it's as if the oilers just flipped a switch overnight and the opposite happened for the panthers. The change of momentum seems drastic as f***. But maybe it wasn't.

Oilers out played them in games 1 & 3. Bobrovsky had like a .760 save percentage in those games. Lol

If anything, Florida has only played well in one game, game 2.

They were lucky to be up 3-0.

While McDavid has been McDavid, Oilers are getting far better performances from their middle 6 players than Florida. Janmark, Foegele, Henrique, Holloway, McLeod have all been impactful.

Verhaghe, Reinhart, Bennett & Tkachuk have disappeared for Florida.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The biggest move the Habs will make is getting dach back.

Other than that, maybe they try to add a top 6 winger but I don't except them to make some big commitment on the market this year. I don't think the timing makes sense right now.

No, everything is set up for summer 2025. We're not tanking next year. Organization wants to see improvement, but we're not done with the rebuild at all.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No, everything is set up for summer 2025. We're not tanking next year. Organization wants to see improvement, but we're not done with the rebuild at all.
We’re in the second stage of the rebuild where we hopefully launch ourselves out of the basement but still likely aren't a playoff team. This is where things will get interesting. Most teams fail at this point of a rebuild.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
We’re in the second stage of the rebuild where we hopefully launch ourselves out of the basement but still likely aren't a playoff team. This is where things will get interesting. Most teams fail at this point of a rebuild.

'Cause they still got no goaltending.

I just want the team to find a way to score goals on a regular basis first and foremost.

Reactions: Redux91

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
In economics they cite the 10k gdp per person as very hard to get past. Many countries never get past it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We're going to improve organically. Roy, Beck and Hutson will probably be with the club this year. RB, Mailloux coming soon (maybe this year) and more on the way. It's going to be a learning curve and I don't think we're a playoff club next year but I think the following year we'll start to see us in the postseason perpetually for a long time.

Two big things I'm hoping for: Dach and CC's health. Both are so important to the rebuild. If CC is 'only' a 30 something scorer going forward it's a huge step back. And Dach is so great when he's healthy. I really hope we see strong seasons out of them.

It might be a longshot but I'm hoping we see Roy in the running for ROY.
You do realize that thechances CC is a 30 something goal scorer are pretty high.
I know you love your "he scored this many goals in this many games" theory but the first thing Caufield has to do is hit 30 goals before we look for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad