HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You do realize that thechances CC is a 30 something goal scorer are pretty high.
I know you love your "he scored this many goals in this many games" theory but the first thing Caufield has to do is hit 30 goals before we look for more.
I think 30's a safe bet. But he didn't even hit that this year so who knows? And yeah, I'm a fan of looking at past performance to predict future success - who isn't? CC is a very young player so we have limited info to draw on. Him coming into this season with 48 in 82 was a great sign that we have a truly elite scorer on our roster. Unfortunately, injuries limited him and I don't know what it's going to do doing forward.

Coming into last year I thought he had a really good shot at 50. And with the underlying numbers that's what it SHOULD have been. But I didn't realize that his surgery can take up to three years before he goes back to normal.

Hopefully it comes back but based on this season, I'm not sure if he comes back fully. I thought he'd have killed it but he's not the same with that shoulder. And without that killer shot he's merely good. A solid 2nd line player. The shot is what makes him great. And it sucks that he hasn't had a full healthy season to really prove it out. He's an elite young talent but without health, you're not going to hit your potential.

So sure... 30 goals. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. I hope we see improvement but...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Man
Imagine that lol

Last game of the year no matter what, a Stanley Cup champ will be crowned

And 1 team has the best player on planet earth lmao.
WOW you gotta feel good about your chances if your Edmonton
Especially with McD getting blanked in game 6... lmao god Florida is in trouble

I'm so here for this, as a sports fan period this could one of the most special sights to see, and I'm so glad we have a chance to see it!

Good luck Edmonton! Bring it back to Canada!
Fulfill the prophecy Connor!

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I knew the oilers had the firepower up front, but its their D game that is mind boggling, when did they become this good? the PK numbers are out of this world
You must have missed their 16 game win streak where they let in no more than 2 goals for most of it. Or the other streaks. EDM and FLA were both at the top of every offensive and defensive advanced stat metric all year, even with EDM garbage start.

The fact Edmonton is doing this with so many holes is great.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Man
Imagine that lol

Last game of the year no matter what, a Stanley Cup champ will be crowned

And 1 team has the best player on planet earth lmao.
WOW you gotta feel good about your chances if your Edmonton
Especially with McD getting blanked in game 6... lmao god Florida is in trouble

I'm so here for this, as a sports fan period this could one of the most special sights to see, and I'm so glad we have a chance to see it!

Good luck Edmonton! Bring it back to Canada!
Fulfill the prophecy Connor!
I've got my projector and Lazy Boy ready.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Fla is in hurting mode
I would say they are in shock more than anything. Having the Oilers on the mat and in control to now facing the thought of elimination themselves has to be quite stressful. I mean, they can still win game 7 but the odds are against them with the way the Oilers are playing and as others have said, it is very probable that McDavid has a monster game 7.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I knew the oilers had the firepower up front, but its their D game that is mind boggling, when did they become this good? the PK numbers are out of this world

Their team game has been it's best it's ever been this year. It's been like that since their hot streak.

What Florida should be scared of is that Draisaitl seems like he's back to form. Guy is usually a playoff monster.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Oilers out played them in games 1 & 3. Bobrovsky had like a .760 save percentage in those games. Lol

If anything, Florida has only played well in one game, game 2.

They were lucky to be up 3-0.

While McDavid has been McDavid, Oilers are getting far better performances from their middle 6 players than Florida. Janmark, Foegele, Henrique, Holloway, McLeod have all been impactful.

Verhaghe, Reinhart, Bennett & Tkachuk have disappeared for Florida.

When it was 3-0, I kept hearing how the panthers were just taking the oilers to school, and the bits that I watched on game 3, FLA's forecheck seemed to confirm that. Oilers might've had the puck more, but the Panthers were solid around Bob and played heavy as f***.

But it hasn't been the same since game 3.

Then last night what I saw from FLA was like watching us against Tampa in the covid finals.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
The fans in Edmonton have been absolutely amazing! So freaking loud and behind the team. I wonder if this could change the outlooks of some of the many players in the NHL who don't want to play for a Canadian city?

In any event, if Edmonton wins, it will look good on Tkachuk after forcing his way out of Calgary.

Go Oilers!!!!

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
The only thing that can save Florida is a Bob performance

rather than that Florida is done

I think if Florida scores first they have a good chance. Florida looks tired now, but a momentum shift in the final game could spur them on to win. They haven't had a lead since Game 3. Both teams seem to be tough to beat when leading. I hope Edmonton scores early again. Early and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad