HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm a fan of him and Foegele. Solid role players
I never understood why the Canes let him go.
He doesn't cost a fortune and he was always effective in his role.
I love these glue guys who bring it all season to get you there and then bring it even more when the chips are down.
It's no coincidence I loved Eller and Lehkonen as Habs.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Same with Skinner. :eek3:

In fairness, he’s been solid mostly in the finals. Let in some muffins, but while McDavid will win the MVP, that save he made on Verhaeghe on the 2 on 1 a few games back to keep that score 2-1 Edmonton? That might be the turning point of the series.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The biggest move the Habs will make is getting dach back.

Other than that, maybe they try to add a top 6 winger but I don't except them to make some big commitment on the market this year. I don't think the timing makes sense right now.

Reactions: Redux91 and rahad

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
In fairness, he’s been solid mostly in the finals. Let in some muffins, but while McDavid will win the MVP, that save he made on Verhaeghe on the 2 on 1 a few games back to keep that score 2-1 Edmonton? That might be the turning point of the series.
Skinner also closed the door on Dallas when Edmonton was down 2-1 and everyone thought Dallas had them. He is 10-0 with a 1.40 GAA from games 4-7 in all playoff series this year.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Seems like not that long ago there were quite a few people on the main board complaining that Dallas should have won the west so we could have a more interesting final.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The biggest move the Habs will make is getting dach back.

Other than that, maybe they try to add a top 6 winger but I don't except them to make some big commitment on the market this year. I don't think the timing makes sense right now.
We're going to improve organically. Roy, Beck and Hutson will probably be with the club this year. RB, Mailloux coming soon (maybe this year) and more on the way. It's going to be a learning curve and I don't think we're a playoff club next year but I think the following year we'll start to see us in the postseason perpetually for a long time.

Two big things I'm hoping for: Dach and CC's health. Both are so important to the rebuild. If CC is 'only' a 30 something scorer going forward it's a huge step back. And Dach is so great when he's healthy. I really hope we see strong seasons out of them.

It might be a longshot but I'm hoping we see Roy in the running for ROY.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and Andy

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Me when I realize Florida are about to blow a historical 3-0 lead in the final which will make them implode. Reinhart/Montour either walk or get badly overpaid meaning they lose other pieces. The rest of the team is banged up after B2B final trip. Injuries start piling up. Mentally drained and will need time to recover from the epic choke.

Panthers struggle in 2025, giving the Habs the 15th pick. Calgary we don’t need you anymore, you can shamelessly tank in peace. Panthers got us covered.

1719033496620.gif

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
June 22nd and we are still watching some hockey. I really hope the Panthers eliminate Edmonton next game.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
That Drasaitl hit on Barkov was the game changer. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

If that was the game changer, then i question FLAs mental toughness

No matter how they justify this, they were up 3-0. Your goalie should have stole you one game. Your PP should get 1 key goal let alone give up 2 shorties

Florida still can erase it all. Literally 50/50. One bounce, one blown assignment, one bad goal, one blown call. That can make everyone forget this.

If Edmonton gets the early goal though, man, i can only imagine FLAs mindset. Their bench was in disbelief at the end tonight. The 10 mile stares and Maurice losing his cool. They got to reel it in

Reactions: the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad