HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He is potentially the dumbest player in the league. I feel like he is guaranteed a game but we'll see
There should be no suspension. There was no head contact. 2 for elbowing was the right call. Jen is blind. He made contact with the shoulder first. And it was with the shoulder. Accoring to NHL rules it is 2 minutes.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think it’s too early to tell.
Lafreniere is a beast at 5on5 at his young age. He doesn’t get much PP time. I don’t think he will be a Lemieux, Lindross, McDavid, McKinnon, but if Lafreniere turns into a 2 way, physical, 60-80 points with leadership. I think this will have earned him his 1st overall status.
Yeah he's backing up the sentiment some of us felt two years ago.
Laf is a Playoff Beast the type of forward you need to get through 16 wins in a condensed period of time.
It was one of the reasons I never bought into his supposed availability.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lafreniere is really hitting his stride at age 22. And this place was littered with jokers calling Slaf a bust at age 18. :laugh:
His backhand shot is definitely elite. That's one of the best backhand shot i've seen in a long while tbh. Backhand shots are almost extinct lot of goalies wont be ready for his backhand shots if he uses them more.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Remember how I said we should trade for Laf?

And then I said we shouldn't?

Can we trade for him again?
Don't think he was ever available. It makes no sense to trade an undervalued player with potential. It's like Vlad Junior lot of Jays fans are like trade him but it would make no sense as the return would not come even close to match the potential he still has (25 is still young in baseball).

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah he's backing up the sentiment some of us felt two years ago.
Laf is a Playoff Beast the type of forward you need to get through 16 wins in a condensed period of time.
It was one of the reasons I never bought into his supposed availability.
Last year he was getting blasted for being a playoff failure when he had 0 points in 7 playoff games.

People need more patience with these young kids. All last year we had jokers in here crucifying Slaf when he was 18 years old as if we were seeing the finished product.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Don't think he was ever available. It makes no sense to trade an undervalued player. It's like Vlad Junior lot of Jays fans are like trade him but it would make no sense as the return would not come even close to match the potential he still has (25 is still young in baseball).
There's undervalued and then there's bust status. Up until maybe this year I was all in on trying to get him. But I gave up on him because I figured the Rangers would want too much and he just hadn't produced.

He was really good coming into the league and there was a lot of hype. Suprised it took this long for him to 'pop' but better late than never. Looks like he's gonna be a solid player. The backhands today were sick.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Remember how I said we should trade for Laf?

And then I said we shouldn't?

Can we trade for him again?

Think it's a lil too late. :)

I still regret giving up on him to this day. The Quebec league probably overshot his production but his hands and creativity were rarely found in the first three Rangers seasons. Possible that having a good coach helped turned things around.

Reactions: dinodebino

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Last year he was getting blasted for being a playoff failure when he had 0 points in 7 playoff games.

People need more patience with these young kids. All last year we had jokers in here crucifying Slaf when he was 18 years old as if we were seeing the finished product.
I'm convinced Slaf will become a special player, Maybe i'm wrong but man sky's the limit. He got good skating. A good shot. Very very good vision. Good passing skills. And on top he's a ***** beast already physically at only 19. I could see him becoming a 30 goals and 80 points power forward and those players you see one every like 15 years maybe.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I think it’s too early to tell.
Lafreniere is a beast at 5on5 at his young age. He doesn’t get much PP time. I don’t think he will be a Lemieux, Lindross, McDavid, McKinnon, but if Lafreniere turns into a 2 way, physical, 60-80 points with leadership. I think this will have earned him his 1st overall status.
Yeah, folks have this image of a 1st overall as an automatic phenom. Not the case! Most become stars or elite in their way. Just a few become generational or super league worthy.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I'm convinced Slaf will become a special player, Maybe i'm wrong but man sky's the limit. He got good skating. A good shot. Very very good vision. Good passing skills. And on top he's a ***** beast already physically at only 19. I could see him becoming a 30 goals and 80 points power forward and those players you see one every like 15 years maybe.
The hands I saw from Slaf during the worlds (on a very bad team) tells me the sky is the limit with him.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If you think he's got all those tools + he's bound to be a special player, why do you think he's gonna be a 80pt forward? Do you think his "sky is the limit" ceiling is 64pts less than a 30 year old, heavy mileage Kucherov who got 144pts this year?

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Don't think he was ever available. It makes no sense to trade an undervalued player with potential. It's like Vlad Junior lot of Jays fans are like trade him but it would make no sense as the return would not come even close to match the potential he still has (25 is still young in baseball).

Pretty sure there is bad blood between Drury/Dolan and Gorton.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Think it's a lil too late. :)

I still regret giving up on him to this day. The Quebec league probably overshot his production but his hands and creativity were rarely found in the first three Rangers seasons. Possible that having a good coach helped turned things around.
He was mismanaged for sure. Playing him in limited minutes with no PP time was so dumb.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He was mismanaged for sure. Playing him in limited minutes with no PP time was so dumb.
Not sure that he was mismanaged. Some players simply take a few years and require patience. Maybe the Rangers are seeing the results now because of how his development was managed. He has been playing most of his young career on a contender team.

Forsling has been making a name for himself these playoffs
He's so underrated. They were smart to lock him up late in the season before he became UFA this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad