Series Talk: SCF: Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers (Series Tied 3-3) Hold onto your butts, Game 7, Monday 8/24 @ 8pm ET !

Who will win Game 7

• Edmonton

Votes: 263 75.1%
  • Florida

Votes: 87 24.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
**Stanley Cup Final**
Florida Panthers vs Edmonton Oilers

IMG_6403.pngIMG_6404.png

IMG_6446.jpeg

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Craig Simpson wants the Oilers to win. You could tell from the tone of his voice that he was smiling while he was talking all through Game 4. He was feeling very pleased and satisfied at the way that game was going.
That isn't rocket science. Funny enough oiler fans were complaining about Simpson wanting the canucks to win vs the oilers.

Reactions: Sentinel

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
They could do it without embarrasing themselves then. I don't buy it. Like why is it so hard for some people to just give that tiny little bit of kudos?

"Panthers didn't lose....they just didn't wanna win".

Ffs
Really?

"Oilers beat themselves"
"The Deserve-to-Win-O-Meter!"
"The only reason we're down is Bob!"

No room to complain. If you're down 3-0 at the time, the rest is just noise.

With that being said, I don't believe a professional hockey team would ever lose on purpose.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Really?

"Oilers beat themselves"
"The Deserve-to-Win-O-Meter!"
"The only reason we're down is Bob!"

No room to complain. If you're down 3-0 at the time, the rest is just noise.

With that being said, I don't believe a professional hockey team would ever lose on purpose.

I am assuming you are not attributing you little quotes to me....

Anyway, those are a far cry from essentially saying they subconsciously threw the game because that one was safe to....just so they can win at up. at home. Seriously....what a horrible attempt at equivalencies.

But I agree, no professional would lose on purpose.....they are there to win for themselves. NOT us. Anyone who would suggest otherwise is a fool.

Reactions: Team Bring It

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Strong win for the Oilers. They needed that. Beat the Panthers fair and square. Might be a couple of extra goals as Panthers gave up when Oilers where out of reach, but still Oilers made them have no chance in that game.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I am assuming you are not attributing you little quotes to me....

Anyway, those are a far cry from essentially saying they subconsciously threw the game because that one was safe to....just so they can win at up. at home. Seriously....what a horrible attempt at equivalencies.

But I agree, no professional would lose on purpose.....they are there to win for themselves. NOT us. Anyone who would suggest otherwise is a fool.
Not to you, specifically, but given what Oiler fans have been saying in general, I don't think you should be surprised at the level of discourse. Sports fans are the epitome of bias... Just look at their differing views on whether a situation deserves a call or not. 😊

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Yeah, that tracks. Tkuchuk is enough of a prick to have his family travel to Edmonton sit in the arena and take enough abuse so they leave early knowing they are going to lift the cup in Sunrise.

Of all things, this makes the most sense as Tkuchuk is that big an asshole.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Craig Simpson wants the Oilers to win. You could tell from the tone of his voice that he was smiling while he was talking all through Game 4. He was feeling very pleased and satisfied at the way that game was going.
He's the same with the leafs.

Barkov was going for Oscar when he got elbowed in the head? This stuff is absurd.
Had he not kept the game I might be persuaded.
But a 2-2 game inn the finals where you are one of the best player that night.....nah. He took a good shot in the jaw , should have been braced for it. That's on him. But it was no Oscar award winner.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They could do it without embarrasing themselves then. I don't buy it. Like why is it so hard for some people to just give that tiny little bit of kudos?

Ffs
Exactly. Collectively they didn't bring their A game.
and Oilers did.

Reactions: Sentinel

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
For what it's worth.....I think game 5 is the most difficult/unlikely one to win for a team down 0-3.

Game 4....often the team with the lead lets up a bit, it's often subconscious they think they have it in the bag/other team desparate not to be swept, so game 4 loss is no big deal and happens often...

Game 6....well if the team who was down 0-3 wins 2 in a row, now the pressure is fully on the other team. They have the momentum, are in the midst of a comeback, and even if they end up losing 4-2 a lot of people will say "damn they tried, and almost had it, too bad they were unlucky to win 1 of the first 3 games"

Game 7 - 50/50 anyone can win, and the team who was up 3-0 has all the pressure in the world, whereas the team who was down 0-3 already has done the impossible and has no real pressure.

So...Game 5. To me games 5 are the most difficult to win. It doesn't mean that if Oilers win game 5, that games 6 or 7 would be easy - but it just means all the pressure shifts to Florida, and that's a good position to be in for Edmonton.

For game 5....a team like Florida still in complete control and expected to win. They lost 1? Who cares, and whether it's a 2-1 or 8-1 loss, it's still only one game....back home, confident they can win...Edmonton still needs 3 wins which seems so much.

Yeah - game 5 is the truly difficult one.

I did say I think Edmonton will comeback and reverse sweep - but if you want to talk about how serious/likely it is to happen, in my opinion game 5 is the most difficult to overcome.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I think that that win was one game too late for the Oilers. Had they won game 4 like that we might have had ourselves a series. As it stands right now I think that they’ve just postponed the inevitable. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see the Panthers rolling over and dying for the next three games. They’ll be bringing their A+ game(s) going forward. We’ll see if Edm can match that. But Bobrovsky’s the wild card, like he always is. Course so’s Skinner lol.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Ffs
Yeah, "They lost on purpose to win at home!" should be tossed onto the pile of fan conspiracy fairy-tales.

Reality is less entertaining – the better team will still lose a game or two.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
We need the Cup awarded Tuesday so the off season fun can get into top gear.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
You really think Edmonton is coming back from 3-0 down?
That's never going to happen.
Mainly because as much as you believe Bob to be a Sieve, Skinner is even worse.

I think it has less to do with the Oilers beating them, than it has to do with the Panthers beating themselves. I don't think they have it in them to close this out.

IB

Aug 20, 2009
The extra day for travel is not good for keeping interest up.

Coming into this year's playoffs it seemed like we were going to have an amazingly competitive and open competition. Honestly it has fallen flat some teams did not elevate to playoffs intensity eg. Dallas. Now this additional day off for long travel is contributing to my apathy lol.

Come on Panthers come out on home ice and be ready to throw the kitchen sink at these rag tag Oilers. Let's finish this off in style. GPG!!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'll be travelling so I won't be able to watch game 5, but if Edmonton wins, think this is Florida's big advantage game. Then It will likely go 7 IMO. Skinner can steal one, he has shown this. Real interesting.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
All I can think of is that scene from Borat when he tries to kidnap Pamela.

I saw Sheryl Crow back at the all star game in 2002. Maybe we should go get her?

I think it has less to do with the Oilers beating them, than it has to do with the Panthers beating themselves. I don't think they have it in them to close this out.

This dude just throws s*** at the wall and hope something sticks LOLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium