HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
McDavid has consistently set up chances. Those chances were stopped by the goalie.

I’m not saying Barkov doesn’t deserve credit but ultimately it’s the goalie who’s blanked the Oilers, not Barkov.

The Dannault/Price comparison is a good one. Dannault played really well defensively. Props to him. But he wasn’t better than Price was. At the end of the day, a crazy goalie makes everyone look better.
Let me repeat myself- in the first three series every big name player scored ZERO goals at 5v5. That’s Marchand, Pasternak, Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider, kucherov, Point, Stamkos. Now Draisaitl and McDavid has one goal. That’s absolutely insane

Reactions: NotProkofievian

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They’ve killed the momentum of these playoffs with the week off after the third round, 3 days between games in each city in the SCF, and the fact we’re in mid June and coming up on the draft.

I think it was 2 day break on travel days.... at least that's how it was like between games 2 and 3. I don't think that's been atypical in recent finals and it's probably justified regardless when you have two cities as far away as Edmonton and the ft Lauderdale area.

The 5 day break before the final was not typical though, and one of the reasons we could potentially be playing hockey in late june is because the league is still starting its seasons rather late after the covid years. The hockey season used to start first week of October like clockwork..... not anymore

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let me repeat myself-
You can repeat yourself until you're blue in the face. You haven't addressed anything different here.
in the first three series every big name player scored ZERO goals at 5v5. That’s Marchand, Pasternak, Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider, kucherov, Point, Stamkos. Now Draisaitl and McDavid has one goal. That’s absolutely insane
And again... Bob has been insanely good. By all means, credit Barkov but he doesn't get ALL the credit. A goalie makes everyone look good. As I said, Dannault played well with us but Price ultimately won the day for us in those series. Bob will likley win the Smythe should they manage to put the Oilers away. It's a team game but Bob has been awesome. If Florida had won the last game, he'd already have the trophy.

We will see. There's more to play and things can change. But right now? Bob is absolutely the Smythe favourite.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000007009.jpg

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
He’s so out of shape that instead of playing soccer in the summer, he’s reverted to pickleball. Hé ben.
Giving Keith Tkachuk a run for his money. Always makes me sad to see great athletes go massively out of shape after retirement (or during their career for some).

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $5,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2