HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Oh, and about the game tonight. I fully expect Florida to fold.

Oilers went down there during the season, and kicked their ass, 6-0, I think.

I'm expecting a 5-1 win for Oilers.
Oilers lost both games to the Panthers in the regular. But obviously that doesn't mean anything for tonight's game. I believe the 1st goal will be huge tonight as the Panthers will lose confidence if they get scored on 1st. If they can score 1st then they will take the lead for the 1st time since game 3.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes, that's what I meant. He should get back to 60 pts to 65 pts.

If Strome can put up his 60 pts still, then they'll have two 60 point centers. He should be more helpful than Kuemper who was backing up Lindgren.

It should keep Washington as a wild card.
The demise and departure of Kuznetzov and the end of Backstrom's career along with Oshie won't be replaced by Strome and PLD. Mcmichael is a good young player as is Lapierre. Washington is on a rapid downward spiral. You also can't expect a whole lot out of Ovechkin who is running on empty at this point. He probably is already retired if it wasn't for chasing the goal scoring record.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The demise and departure of Kuznetzov and the end of Backstrom's career along with Oshie won't be replaced by Strome and PLD. Mcmichael is a good young player as is Lapierre. Washington is on a rapid downward spiral. You also can't expect a whole lot out of Ovechkin who is running on empty at this point. He probably is already retired if it wasn't for chasing the goal scoring record.

No, but they should have enough up front and on D to remain in the Wild card mix.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
1) No, not at all. I wanted Michkov or Benson because I knew we needed a forward and 2024 would be d-man heavy

2) The above has nothing to do with your "call me cynical but I don't think [entire race of people] are capable of compassion" statement. Care to rephrase?

I dont argue with strawmen, but yeah you was sad alright.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
The Reinbacher v. Michkov debate won't be resolved until they actually start their NHL careers, but I get why we're still discussing it. A top-5 pick during a rebuild is a big deal. The chance to draft a potential star forward is something Montreal hasn't had in decades. We've just learned a big reason for not picking Michkov has evaporated. So now what? We can be Zen about it – "No guarantees with draft picks", "Every team makes mistakes", "No way to know if he succeeds here" – all of which is true. However if Michkov becomes a top forward it will be a huge miss by Montreal's scouts and a huge opportunity lost.

Yeah, lots of teams miss big. Unfortunately, that's why lots of teams never become contenders.

Repeating this for emphasis: "The Reinbacher v. Michkov debate won't be resolved until they actually start their NHL careers..."
Why would it be a huge miss by scouts? Were they supposed to know a contract termination on compassionate grounds was going to happen a year later? The extra three years was a huge factor in the decision-making and nobody could predict this future. It was a calculated gamble by Philly. And I suspect there was some backchannel persuasion given that Philly is a huge beneficiary of this sudden decision.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
It’s a brand new game. Nothing that happened in the past 6 games matters now. Hopefully the Panthers win tonight by scoring 5+ goals and the rats are flying on the ice. If not, hopefully it’s Scorey Perry that scores for Edmonton. I’ll be happy for him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
What makes you so adamant that he wouldn’t? There are no signs that point to him only wanting to play for Philly.

You live with his mistakes means it’s tolerable and that it’s not so horrible that it should play a key role in passing up on him like many here claimed. I never said that Lapointe thought he was good defensively. He did like his compete level despite what many here said.

Nothing is incorrect, it’s just more backtracking from posters who can’t admit they were completely wrong and were talking out of their ass. Now the narrative is that Lapointe had to say because he wasn’t going to talk poorly of a player. Really? He’s going to say that he likes his compete level when he actually doesn’t? What’s the point there?
I beleve he told Arizona he wasn't interested in playing for them. He did want to play for Philly (which does not say much for his intelligence). No way to know what he said to HuGo.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I beleeve he told Arizona he wasnèt interested in playing for them. He did want to play for Philly (which does not say much for his intelligence). No way to know what he said to HuGo.
Arizona is a Mickey Mouse organization. It's more than fair to assume someone would rather play for the Habs than the Yotes.

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
This management does throw a lot of smoke out there, so its hard to argue over what they say when it could be just them manipulating the discussion

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You took part of the quote to fit your narrative.

The contract was an unknown, yes, but Lapointe mentioned his play in the defensive end
He said that you live with his mistakes on the defensive end which means it wasn't a costly factor regarding their decision.
and “many unknowns”. In fact, he only mentions the contract situation last.

View attachment 886145
To me, it seems like the three years of waiting was part of the many unknowns he mentioned, not that it's the least important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad