HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
It is too difficult for amateur scouts to truly accurately predict how players will turn out. Michkov's talent is undeniable but so much more goes into the vetting process. Nolan Patrick was picked before Cale Makar and Miro Heiskanen. Hard to predict.

Yeah because that's the only factor to measure... his lack of grit, his play away from the puck etc play a huge factor.
Like grit is the only factor in the playoffs....you win with points. Grit is only part of it but far from the main factor.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Like grit is the only factor in the playoffs....you win with points. Grit is only part of it but far from the main factor.
Why are Toronto fans wanting to get rid of a 90 point player? Did you watch the series against Boston? Where was he?

Nolan Patrick had traumatic brain injuries. Not the same as skipping on a sorely needed star forward when your team has sorely needed a star forward for decades.

It would be less unforgivable if they drafted another forward over Michkov and somehow came up short or got it wrong.
I feel for Patrick but the team had to know he was damaged goods, one of the reasons you have to be careful with Lindstrom

Reactions: HuGo Sham

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It’s also style of play - if a player is not willing / able to play on the inside & only plays perimeter game, that’s useless for playoffs

McDavid, MacKinnon etc get points yes…but they drive the inside not stay outside, like it or not most Russians play the perimeter game because that’s the system they’re used to on the large surface - the exceptions (Kovalev, Datsyuk, Kucherov) have had exceptional playoff careers

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Why are Toronto fans wanting to get rid of a 90 point player? Did you watch the series against Boston? Where was he?
They're desperate and going crazy with the massive missed opportunity they endured with this core.

Datsyuk had a bad reputation in the playoffs too... until he didn't.

Getting rid of Marner is an extremely dangerous move. He's a very very good player. Keefe was not fit to coach him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not saying he's perfect or that I'd even want him. Where was Matthews? Where were a lot of other players?
Marner has put a string of playoff series where he has been non existent. That's why I would never want this overpaid player.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It was 3-0

1000004828.jpg

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
1719264356220.png

How Arpon Basu's face lights up when he gets to share the little-known fact that Russia's embroiled in a hot war right now.

• Haha
Reactions: overlords

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
MAG: 'Whether Michkov came over or not, I think that ultimately the reason the habs passed on him was not that he might stay in russia a few years, but that there was something about the player they did not like'

Well we haven’t won a cup in 30 years, time to start taking bigger risks. We most likely messed up the pick, I just don’t see Reinbacher as having as big of an impact as a Michkov, which is also why he’s ranked higher on every prospect ranking.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A term Kent Hughes always uses is Balance.
Even if it isn't perfect Edmonton has found a way to balance their strengths with their weaknesses.
Guys like Brown Janmark Macleod and Hollaway are the grit any good club needs to get them over the line.
The balance up front has been so good on most nights they get away with having Ekholm as the only reliable defender.
It reminds me of the Penguins last cup where they had little to no D and still managed to win because they had that balance up front.
But you aren't wrong it starts with two power forwards Hyman and Draisaitl serviced by McDaid and Nugent Hopkins to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad