HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

Classic NHL, they should easily have developed this for their fans who clearly enjoy the service and for their actual teams who use it too. Instead they rather have sites like CapFriendly not exist.
The NHL would've developped a subpar service if they did it themselves. CapFriendly came up with a bunch of tools that the NHL would've never thought of (the buyout calculator for example).

I agree with the sentiment, though. The NHL can barely do anything right.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Canucks should’ve won their series but going in with your 3rd string goalie kinda screws you.

Dallas… I have no idea how they lost… last game they were up 3-1 ratio in shots for. Didn’t get the breaks.

Their third line was the difference IMO. If no LTIR, we have a chance at #25.

Yeah, the 2021 Tampa team might be the best team ever assembled in the cap era. There were absolutely no weaknesses on that club.

And you are right, it was their depth guys that that really set the tone, and the Habs had no answer for them.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Going to be interesting to see what happens with Edmonton having last line change, or even if barkov plays. Both are significant factors in my opinion.

Regardless, the Oilers are dead meat if they don't get their PP going. I don't trust them to win solely on playing a tight 5 on 5 game. They seem to have the correct mentality for it but they simply don't have the same quality of depth to outshine Florida in that kind of game

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'm sure Bennett, Tkachuk and Lomberg will be more than happy to give big Leon his receipt :naughty: They'll make sure to keep it borderline though, Maurice has them very focused and disciplined. Early next season is where it could get rougher.
Those 3 are gutless turds. Don't expect more tahn a cheap shot. And who cares? One cheap shot by Draisatl compared to 50 by Fliorida.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Montreal played much better against Tampa than Edmonton does against Florida and we sucked hard.

Not sure why Mcdavid would stay in this shit ass team when he goes UFA.
Also Draisailt is nothing without Mcdavid

I wouldnt even give 12m for 7 years if he asked to come in Montreal. Dudes such a loser

How many players have been able to pace and outscore generational players they played with ? None. Not even Jagr with Lemieux. But Draisaitl manages to do it both in the regular season and post-season. Two games where he's injured in the toughest finals of any sport doesn't change that. He's a complete animal and would be the best forward on this team since Lafleur.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
How many players have been able to pace and outscore generational players they played with ? None. Not even Jagr with Lemieux. But Draisaitl manages to do it both in the regular season and post-season. Two games where he's injured in the toughest finals of any sport doesn't change that. He's a complete animal and would be the best forward on this team since Lafleur.
Who said he was injured tho? Draisailt also did pretty much nothing against Dallas except for game 1. You think Mcdavid is injured and still playing good but alone . He almost played 30min last game. I hate the injury card because almost every players have some kind of injuries at this stage of the playoff.
Heavy hockey for rounds is tough for anyone not just Draisailt.

Clearly not his injury that gave a crucial PP to Florida last night.
Patrice Begeron played with a perforated lungs and still played good.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Paul Maurice has been coaching longer than ray bourqur went without a cup too. He coached Hartford that's how long he's been in the league. Florida is the first time he's had a very strong roster, as they kept getting derailed in Winnipeg by guys asking out or flat out walking away like buff. Since 95-96 he only sat out two years from coaching, the 05-06 and 12-13 seasons. Lost in the finals twice. Third attempt now, definitely as good of a story as it gets for a head coach.
Fun fact, I saw Paul Maurice PLAY junior hockey in Hamilton.

• Wow
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Jim Lahey would look sober next to this guy

Jim Lahey was never not drunk, that was his trick :thumbu:

liquor-jim-lahey.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not blaming Skinner, simply stating bob's the better goalie with the better track record - who's already brought his team to the finals
That’s fair. Skinner has actually been decent. Can’t win if you can’t score. But Bob is the current Smythe favourite if Florida wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad