HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Montreal played much better against Tampa than Edmonton does against Florida and we sucked hard.

Not sure why Mcdavid would stay in this shit ass team when he goes UFA.
Also Draisailt is nothing without Mcdavid

I wouldnt even give 12m for 7 years if he asked to come in Montreal. Dudes such a loser

Reactions: Habano

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Florida Depth scoring goals
while Edmonton needs to be 2-3 points for Mcdavid for them to have a chance.

Here is the difference. Support players from Florida are much better and more into the game. This is why bottom 6 players score more goals in playoffs than in regular season.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Florida Depth scoring goals
while Edmonton needs to be 2-3 points for Mcdavid for them to have a chance.

Here is the difference. Support players from Florida are much better and more into the game. This is why bottom 6 players score more goals in playoffs than in regular season.
Florida also has a better D corps and Bob is vastly superior to Skinner

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Montreal played much better against Tampa than Edmonton does against Florida and we sucked hard.

Not sure why Mcdavid would stay in this shit ass team when he goes UFA.
Also Draisailt is nothing without Mcdavid

I wouldnt even give 12m for 7 years if he asked to come in Montreal. Dudes such a loser
He has 28 pts in 20 games and he is probably hurt. If they announce after the playoffs that he wasn't 100% then he did pretty well.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
He has 28 pts in 20 games and he is probably hurt. If they announce after the playoffs that he wasn't 100% then he did pretty well.
Most of those points are coming from feed of Mcdavid , im not saying hes bad but Mcdavid doesnt need Draisailt like Draisailt needs Mcdavid.

I would be scared to give alot of money to Draisailt for 7-8 years.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Well, Panthers just have like, let me count... 1, 2, 3, 4 forwards that were better than our best forward back then. A strong defensive structure with good d-men in all areas that don't rely as much on not getting called as we did (weber, eddy and chiarot got away with so much holding, crosschecking and interference in the first three rounds lol), and a goalie that's zoned in. Unless Price somehow played God, I don't think we would have beaten them.
I’m not even sure if the Bolts from that year beat these Panthers. It would be an absolute dogfight.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That 6 on 4 opportunity by the Oilers was awful. Bouchard had a bad game. Draisaitl isn't doing shit. Rest of the team is mediocre.

They don't play til Thursday, so Edmonton has 2 days to regroup. Next game is a must win.

Reactions: Chili

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
These Florida teams deserve a lot of credit. Tampa with two cups in a row and three appearance in the finals, and now Florida making it twice in a row and looking likely to win it all.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Edmonton was in tough to begin with but with Drai being invisible, it got worse. Im not buying injury, he is moving fine, took stupid run at Barkov. Most of his issues are blind passes and thinking he has way more time then he does. Its Finals big boy, every inch is contested fast

Add in RNH should join Mitch Marner and run from their shadows. Friggin gutless

Florida is just a more rounded team whose 3-12 fowards are better than Oilers 3-12. Id argue Barkov is currently better than Drai as well

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Bro, Draisaitl is one of the best players of all time
on my playstation 5 perhaps , im glad he managed to get points against L.A and Vancouver with their 4th goalie.

Im a be straight honest , Draisailt was lucky to have Mcdavid around him.
So did Nurse and probably Bouchard.

I remember when Pascal Dupuis was a 4th liner until Crosby gave him free goals and a career.

I wouldnt build a team around Draisailt , thats where im aiming that.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
The Oil has 1 goal in 2 games, they're not winning anything with production like that

Reactions: Andrei79

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
on my playstation 5 perhaps , im glad he managed to get points against L.A and Vancouver with their 4th goalie.

I remember when Pascal Dupuis was a 4th liner until Crosby gave him free goals and a career.

Not being great enough to carry the Oilers and all their flaws doesn't make you a bad player. It's not like he would have issues to earns his paycheck on a well rounded team.

Reactions: Banjo Cat

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
McDavid has been crap but that may be because he is getting no help.
I don't know about him being crap, everytime he has the puck he's flying and trying to create opportunities. Like you said though, he's had zero support. Drai though has been bad

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017

Guess there are no players you can build around outside prime Crosby and McDavid

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad