HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mcdonaldz

Jul 26, 2021
For Max Pac to sign with the Leafs on the anniversary of the trade seems like too much for a simple coïncidence loll
IMG_3808.jpeg

Look what they did to my boy… jersey looks awful it clearly wasn’t meant to be

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I know alot of people hate max , i'm in the indifferent camp. Its not max's fault he was the best forward on the team just like it wasn't daveys fault he was 1C. Team was garbage his whole tenure here.

The people hating on max usually think those 2010's era teams were good or something and max held us back , those teams were completely mediocre and a joke on paper league wide. Embarassing times to be a habs fan , absolute joke of a top 6 for almost a decade. You can call him a gutless captain all you want it doesn't change the fact we never stood a chance , with or without him.

Getting bailed by a goalie for 10 years isn't a good way to build a team

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I know alot of people hate max , i'm in the indifferent camp. Its not max's fault he was the best forward on the team just like it wasn't daveys fault he was 1C. Team was garbage his whole tenure here.

The people hating on max usually think those 2010's era teams were good or something and max held us back , those teams were completely mediocre and a joke on paper league wide. Embarassing times to be a habs fan , absolute joke of a top 6 for almost a decade. You can call him a gutless captain all you want it doesn't change the fact we never stood a chance , with or without him.

I agree. He wasn't a great captain, but he was an excellent complimentary top line sniper for us.

Problem was we complemented him with David Desharnais.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

In Monteeal. It often loving/hate about goalscorer. Sometimes they are on fire, sometimes they don’t. However, we loved when Steve Begin were hitting everybody and finished with 5 goals at the end of the year.
Patrik Laine will score on some strike, and sometimes the fire will disappear. But, at the end, we need to appreciate what he brings (scoring touch). Unless he is -42, wich I doubt.

Personnaly, I liked Pacioretty, we knew he was able to get nore than 35 goals per year. That was a lot.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

I think the hate on Max started when he became captain, in front of a clear fan favorite PK Subban. Prior to that he was liked and certainly not seen as holding us back. And he may have been seen as instigator for the PK trade too.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I think the hate on Max started when he became captain, in front of a clear fan favorite PK Subban. Prior to that he was liked and certainly not seen as holding us back. And he may have been seen as instigator for the PK trade too.

It's part of it... and he wasn't great for us in the POs where he was rocking a 0.5PPG, this is the impact of a 40points player. He did much better with Vegas (0.8PPG) because he was better surrounded and the team wasn't run by morons.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
It's part of it... and he wasn't great for us in the POs where he was rocking a 0.5PPG, this is the impact of a 40points player. He did much better with Vegas (0.8PPG) because he was better surrounded and the team wasn't run by morons.
agree, he did much better in Vegas where he could shine as a second-line goalscorer, which he is

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Patches is 6’2” and routinely balks at being the first to loose pucks. Pre-contract Davey Boy especially fought a lot of board battles for that ******.

Reactions: Redux91

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Can’t stand Patioready, and never liked him. He was a gutless primadonna when he was here, and the one behind the “freeze out” of Subban, Markov, etc. Of course MB loved him, makes sense. It’s the same reason why I don’t like Gallagher; they were all thick as thieves. With all that being said, it’s not at all surprising to find out Patches is a sellout too. Clown.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I'm surprised Pacioretty is not appreciated more. He should have been a fan favorite in this board.

To my recollection, he's the only one who called out Bergevin on his incompetency while everyone else stayed mute.

Just for that he's leadership material in my books

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm surprised Pacioretty is not appreciated more. He should have been a fan favorite in this board.

To my recollection, he's the only one who called out Bergevin on his incompetency while everyone else stayed mute.

Yeah he was the only legitimate goal scorer this team had for about 8 years. I always liked him.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

That’s not at all what happened. Pacioretty didn’t like how his contract negotiations were going and went and publicly whined about it to the media. That’s it. It was entirely self-serving, and had nothing to do with the team or anything other than his own financial interests and desires. It was actually embarrassing and unbecoming for a captain of this franchise. That’s leadership? Worst captain in franchise history. Glad he’ll be nothing more than an obscure footnote in the team’s history.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
That’s not at all what happened. Pacioretty didn’t like how his contract negotiations were going and went and publicly whined about it to the media. That’s it. It was entirely self-serving, and had nothing to do with the team or anything other than his own financial interests and desires. It was actually embarrassing and unbecoming for a captain of this franchise. That’s leadership? Worst captain in franchise history. Glad he’ll be nothing more than an obscure footnote in the team’s history.
From what I recall Pacioretty was unhappy with the way the 2017 summer unfolded particularly how Bergevin was unable to resign both Radulov and Markov.

He was vocal of the direction the team was heading and Bergevin not acquiring any talent to help the current roster. Bergevin blamed it on him and the team's attitude instead of actually doing his job.

Contract negotiations shouldn't have been difficult. Pacioretty ended up signing a reasonable deal with Vegas so if anything it was probably Bergevin playing low-ball with one of his star player again.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad