HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can't believe Briere was among the finalists for GM for Montreal. Philly's been a complete clown show since his arrival.
It does show however that the process works.
Massive credit to Gorton for getting Hughes on board.
I don't care what anyone else says we hit a home run hiring a former agent who lives breathes and bleeds hockey.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
It does show however that the process works.
Massive credit to Gorton for getting Hughes on board.
I don't care what anyone else says we hit a home run hiring a former agent who lives breathes and bleeds hockey.
Hughes ticks all the boxes

Former player
Former agent
Educated
Montreal native
Already wealthy (so he cares more about winning than keeping his job)

Tough to imagine a better candidate, and that is just information on paper before even talking to the guy. No wonder Gorton went through the trouble of convincing Hughes to take the job rather than sticking to interviewing the usual suspects and hiring the least unqualified one.

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
He probably has Montreal on his no trade list, but it would definitely work. NYC is a 6 hour drive and a 90 minute flight, which is a shuttle flight these days.

She would have to stay in NYC for a year to finish her residency. He could just rent an apartment in Montreal & commute between the 2 cities. They obviously have help with the kids already since there's no way he could play hockey while his wife does a medical residency without it.

He has 2 years left on his deal at $8m per. If NYR's want to move their 2025 1st with him, I'd take it.

In summer 2025, we can trade him at 50% to a city that he prefers. That would give us three 2025 1st rounders (our own, Florida/Calgary and NYR). We can use the assets to trade for a top 6 forward.
Thank you. That is actually a good answer to my direct question. I wasn't sure if it was doable but your response shows that it definitely is. Why wouldn't we do it? If it was possible I would as well.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
This is a projected lineup made by some media guy or fan. People read WAY too much into those projected lineup. At the end of the day they mean jack shit.
There are so many fan sites all over the place now, written by anyone trying to make a few bucks out of clickbait headlines, it's infuriating.

In our area, every day I see headlines from "dans les coulisses", "Habsolumentfan", "sac de chips" etc etc etc like: "Here is the confirmation of what we thought about <insert player>!" or "here how this trade for Laine could happen!" followed by a completely useless article on something everyone knew already or don't care about. Special gems to "Mathias Brunet thinks this could happen!" or "Tony Marinaro lose it live over this issue!" or other similar.

Just effing clickbaits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad