HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pretty good draft. Heskanen is a great pick too. Although he was taken one slot too early above Makar, still an awesome player. Heiskanen, Ottinger and Robertson. What a draft for Dallas!
Hope we can replicate with Demidov, Hage, Koivu.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I still regret Hughes not grabbing an outsider like PLD and paying them more than our homegrown players. Dubas had the right idea.

LMAO

1000004898.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Heffyhoof

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Thank God we got Suzuki because Bergevin was pushing for Glass
Reminds me of the Corson/Turgeon trade years ago. Houle offered one of David Wilkie, Craig Rivet and Rory Fitzpatrick as a throw in. He told St. Louis to pick one...they picked Fitzpatrick.
How about Gainey throwing in Macdonagh in the Gomez trade...that one still stings.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Reminds me of the Corson/Turgeon trade years ago. Houle offered one of David Wilkie, Craig Rivet and Rory Fitzpatrick as a throw in. He told St. Louis to pick one...they picked Fitzpatrick.
How about Gainey throwing in Macdonagh in the Gomez trade...that one still stings.

If they take Rivet, no Pacioretty,no Suzuki

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gainey gave NYR choice of Belaj / Plekanec in Kovalev deal…

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Back then Rivet was the least likely to make it in the NHL...I remember being upset that they traded Fitzpatrick...man it's hard to project young players.
There are a lot of variables at play.

Imagine being a young player in Montreal ten years ago. You have Therrien in the NHL and SL in the minors. It’s where prospects go to die.

Another variable is position availability. Is the team stacked or can you crack the lineup? If it’s stacked you’re going to have a tough time. Or it could be the other way - brutal team. You make the roster but look bad every night. :laugh:

And that doesn’t even get into things like health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad