Podcast (Audio) If you could ask one member of the 2014 Stanley Cup winning LA Kings team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
every goddam one of us
1722960601516.png

Reactions: 21Dog

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Just a number of general questions:

1. Choose your favorite child: 2012 or 2014.
2. What was your favorite on-ice moment during the Cup run? Your favorite off-ice moment during the Cup run? Your favorite off-ice moment after winning the Cup?
3. What was your favorite game from the Cup run?
4. Which opponent was the most satisfying to beat?

Last edited:

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
There are a ton of very difficult questions I’d love to see asked, and I have no delusions about their chances of being posed.

There has been plenty of fluff published about the shiny parts of the 2014 run, all of which I have enjoyed.

However, I am greatly anticipating the time in which the “hard” questions can be asked, whose answers glean some actual insight to the inner workings of the hockey team outside of “PC presser” situation.

Outside of that? It’ll just be good to see pictures and quotes from the boys being together. Those things ought to be treasured, as it’s a damned certainty that Kings Hockey won’t see anything like it in the near-far future.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
Did anyone think that 10 years after the last cup win that most posts in the Los Angeles Kings section of this forum would be influenced by this woman?

debbie_downer_kings_fan.jpg

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Nostalgia is cool but I think it’s a good thing fans are way more vocal about what’s f***ed with the team today as opposed to what was awesome a decade ago. If things were chugging along this would be a way more fun topic. Instead we are not being distracted by Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
I do not agree with you or many of the other posters here. It took so may years for the Kings to make it to the cup. It took decades of trades and just the right on everything to make it work.
they not only one the cup once but twice in three years. Even when that happened the negative nancy crew here was in full I hate my team mode. That has never changed and I do not understand it.

The team today is not perfect but by history that is the normal routine you have to live thru.

I don't normally post here because it is just a bitch fest day after day. Things could be way worse but at least they make it to the playoffs.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I don't normally post here because it is just a bitch fest day after day. Things could be way worse but at least they make it to the playoffs.
The goal shouldn't be to make it to the playoffs. The goal should be to win series and cups.

-When you meet a female are you satisfied to talk to her and never start a relationship or get in her pants?

-Are you satisfied applying for jobs and never getting an interview or getting hired the job??

-Do you start the barbecue but never actually put food on or eat the food?

-Do you buy something from Ikea and never taken it out of the box or assemble
it?

-If you were Mongolian would you invade China only to see the great wall or would you impale some fools and conquer the country ?

-Do you roll out pizza dough and never sauce, cheese, put toppings on and not put it in the oven?

-Do you enroll in a school and never go to a class or graduate?

-As a kid did you dial the phone and never call a bowling alley and ask them if they have 14 pound balls and then ask them how they are able to walk?

The answer to all of these questions should be no way Jose'

Last edited:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I do not agree with you or many of the other posters here. It took so may years for the Kings to make it to the cup. It took decades of trades and just the right on everything to make it work.

The reason the Kings won cups was that they finally had a competent GM, who had a plan, and he stuck to it. They didn't win because a timer went off because "The Man" decided that we had all suffered too long.

Blake is either on special needs or gave in to pressure from upstairs. Blake has made a series of shortlisted moves and the team has been moving backwards the last few seasons. Blake now has us back to the Dave Taylor Era of quick fixes. Except Dave's team actually won one playoff round.

Many of the experts are expecting the Kings to miss the playoffs this season but you are like

april-fools-joke.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The reason the Kings won cups was that they finally had a competent GM, who had a plan, and he stuck to it. They didn't win because a timer went off because "The Man" decided that we had all suffered too long.

Blake is either on special needs or gave in to pressure from upstairs. Blake has made a series of shortlisted moves and the team has been moving backwards the last few seasons. Blake now has us back to the Dave Taylor Era of quick fixes. Except Dave's team actually won one playoff round.

Many of the experts are expecting the Kings to miss the playoffs this season but you are like

april-fools-joke.gif
I actually think the team might be slightly better than last year for two main reasons. PLD going improves things and the roster is better balanced. However there are several big IF’s. If Turcotte and Thomas can build on what they did last season and be solid bottom six players; IF Clarke emerges into what we think he should/could be; IF Byfield can drive his own line; IF Keumper can bounce back.

Whilst we should not be relying on so many IF’s they aren’t huge stretches either - but it is unlikely that they all go our way.. I also think Hiller is the least of the concerns. The problem is that this (balancing the roster) is happening 2 years too late with #11 and #8 getting into the tail end of their careers. So I do think they might make the playoffs but it feels unlikely to be more than that (unless Hiller turns in a Jack Adam’s level of performance). It really does feel like that by rushing things there was a missed opportunity to become a team that would be in the mix as a contender for a long period of time.

Reactions: Schmooley

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I actually think the team might be slightly better than last year for two main reasons. PLD going improves things and the roster is better balanced. However there are several big IF’s. If Turcotte and Thomas can build on what they did last season and be solid bottom six players; IF Clarke emerges into what we think he should/could be; IF Byfield can drive his own line; IF Keumper can bounce back.

Whilst we should not be relying on so many IF’s they aren’t huge stretches either - but it is unlikely that they all go our way.. I also think Hiller is the least of the concerns. The problem is that this (balancing the roster) is happening 2 years too late with #11 and #8 getting into the tail end of their careers. So I do think they might make the playoffs but it feels unlikely to be more than that (unless Hiller turns in a Jack Adam’s level of performance). It really does feel like that by rushing things there was a missed opportunity to become a team that would be in the mix as a contender for a long period of time.
I agree that PLD is addition by subtraction
I think you are forgetting that Arvidsson and Roy walked

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nostalgia is cool but I think it’s a good thing fans are way more vocal about what’s f***ed with the team today as opposed to what was awesome a decade ago. If things were chugging along this would be a way more fun topic. Instead we are not being distracted by Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

nostalgia is all the goodwill these guys have got.

KingsCrunch

Apr 25, 2016
So Cal
But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.

I get everyone here hates Blake and Luke. but like all of you have said you can't replace the past. That includes the GM's. Bruce was great until the controversy. Same since then but it is all in the past.

I was there for both parades in LA so it's not like I have no idea on what it is like to enjoy your winning team.

Blake has had hits and misses as he tries to make another cup winning team. It's not like just ordering one on a food app. It will take time to get them back to a cup.

I am now thinking Lt Dan is not who I was let to believe who he(she) was.

ugly9.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
But you ain't got no legs, Lieutenant Dan.

I get everyone here hates Blake and Luke. but like all of you have said you can't replace the past. That includes the GM's. Bruce was great until the controversy. Same since then but it is all in the past.

I was there for both parades in LA so it's not like I have no idea on what it is like to enjoy your winning team.

Blake has had hits and misses as he tries to make another cup winning team. It's not like just ordering one on a food app. It will take time to get them back to a cup.

I am now thinking Lt Dan is not who I was let to believe who he(she) was.

View attachment 900467

That's the beef, though, they're getting further away. not closer. It's not a 'time' issue as Blake's had more time than most GMs get and they're getting older, more capped out, and fewer young assets with no lottery tickets on the way while getting progressively worse results.

This isn't 'our youth aren't developing fast enough' complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad