HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think stamkos ignores the leafs. I think guys around the league know they're a bad spot culturally and aren't going to win anything.

I won't be surprised if we get a semi-attractive free agent because of all the goodwill Hughes has built.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Last time he was UFA, Stamkos did meet with the Habs before ultimately signing back with Tampa.

I feel like the Habs are in a better spot at this point and Stamkos can still receive a nice cheque while being a mentor, so that might entice him a bit.

End of the day that probably doesn't entice him enough.

He, or Kane with Dach would be great to give the team another threat and for the players to learn from those studs that won the Cup multiple times.
I don't think we'll attract this big of name but I could be entirely wrong

I think stamkos ignores the leafs. I think guys around the league know they're a bad spot culturally and aren't going to win anything.

I won't be surprised if we get a semi-attractive free agent because of all the goodwill Hughes has built.
Why would the leaves even want him they can't even handle the four big names that have now and then now they get the rights to tanev??
Where do they expect all this money to come in the cap

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don't think we'll attract this big of name but I could be entirely wrong

Why would the leaves even want him they can't even handle the four big names that have now and then now they get the rights to tanev??
Where do they expect all this money to come in the cap
If I were a betting man, I'd bet it on neither coming here.

Reactions: sampollock

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Expecting nothing.

I got to say that I was expecting player movement during this draft week. Great forst round, underwhelming player movement, for me at least.

They have too many bodies, so I cannot see any more being added.
After not qualifying ylonen there's only 12 forwards pencilled in next year. 13 with Roy who didn't really show enough to say he won't start in laval. Pezz isn't a starting 12 guy either. Easily room for a Stamkos or a Marchessault. Or even both. Even enough cap to extend Guhle and Slaf long term cause Kent didn't add anything to bergys infinite bad contract list the past two years.

I could also see dvo being traded before the season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
After not qualifying ylonen there's only 12 forwards pencilled in next year. 13 with Roy who didn't really show enough to say he won't start in laval. Pezz isn't a starting 12 guy either. Easily room for a Stamkos or a Marchessault. Or even both. Even enough cap to extend Guhle and Slaf long term cause Kent didn't add anything to bergys infinite bad contract list the past two years.

I could also see dvo being traded before the season.
Can easily waive a lot of the players to make room, too.

Reactions: Ezpz

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
@WeThreeKings and I (among others) should feel vindicated by the selection of Sennecke at 3rd overall. Some people thought the idea of him at 5 was crazy. Clearly it wasn’t that insane of a thing to suggest.

People are waaaaay too scared of risers because of Kotkaniemi. We need to go the Frozen way and collectively let this one go. Every riser is fortunately not Kotkaniemi.

It's was even more absurd considering how tight it was between 3 and 12.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
@WeThreeKings and I (among others) should feel vindicated by the selection of Sennecke at 3rd overall. Some people thought the idea of him at 5 was crazy. Clearly it wasn’t that insane of a thing to suggest
Sennecke at 5 was never crazy, he was arguably the 3rd best forward profile of the draft after Celebrini and Demidov. The issue was his late rise but scouts seem to value height/frame and month-to-month trajectory a lot more than fans and non-hockey people. Both played into Sennecke's rise. It also can't be denied that ANA has a shitton of prospects and they took a swing on the potential unicorn.

In any case, he was ranked 11 on Bobby Mac's list. Did you two get Catton at 8 or Yakemchuk at 7 right too?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Year of the defenseman and only one goes top 6.
Even later in the draft, it's like all the Ds shifted back. Maybe having too many just made all the teams reach for the rare forwards instead.

Or they watched Panthers/Oilers final and decided good D wasn't really that useful finally...

Wait a minute, I thought the official name of the Utah name was the "Utah Hockey Club" and now Armstrong called them the Yeti?
He slipped. Looks like Yeti will be the club name.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Unless there’s major injuries to core players, they’ll be in the hunt for a playoff spot especially w PP likely to be top-10 league wide w Hutson QBing it and organic growth of young players
Unless we make a few shortcut moves this offseason, I still think we're another year away from battling for a playoff spot. We don't have any scoring depth and our team defense is putrid. Monty and Primeau kept us in so many games where we were grossly outshot. The only teams in the East I think we're better than are Philly and CBJ and even that's up for debate.

I expect to see some more organic growth as you mentioned but I still think we're bottom 6-10 in the NHL.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Is that a good return for Sergachev?
I'm a big fan of this for Tampa. Moser is a decent 2nd pair guy and Tampa desperately needs some forward prospects like Geekie to restock the deck to try and sneak a late window cup like the 2018 Caps. I think Sergachev is a little overrated and also not the greatest fit for Tampa specifically since he's not a better PP1 option than Hedman and can't really carry his own pairing either. Moving on from that contract helps a lot and I think it was really smart. They can now roll with Hedman McDonagh Moser Cernak and feel good about their top 4 again while also bringing in some quality forward talent. Getting a 2nd for Jeannot was a steal too.

With that said I also don't mind this trade for Utah at all. Sergachev is instantly their best D and they have such a stacked system full of picks and so much cap available that it makes sense for them to add some swagger, and he'll absolutely help their power play. They had the picks to go get Marino to support Sergachev as well, I think it was a good quantity for quality move for them as well. It's fun when there are trades like this that just seem good for both sides. Kinda wish we were in on Marino to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad