HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Can only get 8 years from Edmonton and probably knows he'll be too washed in seven years for another big deal. Even if you think another team would go above 14 the extra year makes his deal like 16aav over a seven year deal.
A team could and would have traded for his rights

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Even with Demidov, passing on Michkov was likely a huge mistake. I’d love to have both, which we could have. As for Michkov possibly not signing with us and staying in the KHL . . . ok, believe that if you want to, but . . . no way. Hey, we all make mistakes, even HuGo.
I don't thinkg a top 6 with Michkov, Caufield, and Demidov works in the playoffs. That being said, maybe Michkov and Demidov turn out better than Caufield and the argument would be to trade Caufield for a different type of forward/dman.

Reactions: zeeto

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
A team could and would have traded for his rights
You have to be on the opening day roster to qualify for the eight year, you can't actually trade for the rights and get it. That's why it's a sign-and-trade and not a trade-and-sign. Basically teams have to pay full price to Edmonton to facilitate something like that, not just a 3rd.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's what drafting for needs does....Matvei was right there for the taking. Actually should have been picked at 2. We did with Demidov what we also should have done with Michkov...just insane.

That's the reason why I will never buy into pros know best. They don't. They make just as many mistakes as tons of people here do. Difference is that tons of them know the right people in order to be paid for making those mistakes.....

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The only players with any actual leverage after they are drafted are American born NCAA players. They actually can choose their NHL teams if they’re patient enough. No talented Russian will waste their prime in the KHL. They will lose way too much money.
Kirill Kaprizov enters the chat.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Even if he would have come in 2-3 years...we are not going to compete until then. We would not have had Gallagher if you are afraid to be too small. If you think Caufield, Demidov and Michkov is too small, you put all 3 on 3 lines. Makes sure you have 2 bigger bodies playing with them. Imagine the freakin talent of this team if you can pull it off......

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That's what drafting for needs does....Matvei was right there for the taking. Actually should have been picked at 2. We did with Demidov what we also should have done with Michkov...just insane.

That's the reason why I will never buy into pros know best. They don't. They make just as many mistakes as tons of people here do. Difference is that tons of them know the right people in order to be paid for making those mistakes.....
And you and I know nothing about why they made that pick. They interviewed him. Bobrov Sr probably knew both Demidov and Michkov. There was a reason they passed on him. And they did not pass on him because of the 3 year contract unless he said he would not leave early if the Hbs drafted him.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I said Nashville's roster was worse than ours last year and had a bunch of people @ me saying win streak bla bla good team. They even added to their roster and are getting their shit caved in this year. What a dumb as shit rebuild. Trade away your best prospect and sign a bunch of mid-30's guys.

I guess McDonagh is still good cause Tampa similarly look undead now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You keep talking about the game being rigged for the Flyers and I genuinely can’t tell if you’re serious or not
Are you watching the game. The number of absolute bullshit penalty calls is inexplicable. Incompetence doesn't even explain it. Almost ever penalty on the Oilers far worse things have been ignored all season. And then there are the reviews. Both of which screwed over the Oilers.

Last edited:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
If he was anything but Russian he wouldn't have been available at 5.
He would have been drafted 2nd just like Demidov should have been.

I think the Habs made out pretty good considering. But Reinbacher will unfortunately have the stigma of having been drafted ahead of someone much better than Shane Wright who btw still got unexplainable glaring holes in his game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad