HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
I don't thinkg a top 6 with Michkov, Caufield, and Demidov works in the playoffs. That being said, maybe Michkov and Demidov turn out better than Caufield and the argument would be to trade Caufield for a different type of forward/dman.
I dont see why a line of Demidov/Dach/Michkov would not work in the playoff. Its not like they are Caufield kind of small anyway Demidov is 5"11 and could grow to 6 feet for all we know. Also talent is more important than size look at Kane and Kucherov playoff resume.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
We know it happened just like a lot of things in the NHL that we'll never get proof of.
Except it's been reported already. Friedman mentioned it in the past, and again said on 32 Thoughts literally three weeks ago that the Flyers seem to be skilled at dealing with Russians, and one thing that stood out in relation to this is that Michkov made sure to end up in Philly. He even jokingly called Briere the ambassador of Russia.

People can be disappointed that they took Reinbacher over Leonard or whoever else but the Michkov pick was never going to happen whether his fans like it or not.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Very true. He can still be a 1B in his draft and not a fit for our team.

We really need to stop our obsession with that pick and move on as a fan base.

Appreciate Michkov from afar, but let's cheer for our guy.
I tried but they kept telling me I'm "not family" and I can't visit "strangers" rooms at the hospital. I even told them Reinbacher is Habs property. Smh so unprofessional.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yes because the Habs never pick the wrong player?
So far in the HuGo era they appear to have made good choices. Most are too early to say for sure though. There will be misses. Reinbacher may be one if he is injury prone. Mesar is possible. They are looking for players who want to win and are willing to work hard to do that. They may pass on a player who they don't think has the right character and the player matures and turns out to be a winner.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Michkov is so legit. 1b to Bedard IMO.

Still hoping Rein is a top 4 D, who plays a big role in a cup run.

From what iv seen on the goals hes ahead of Bedard. But i am biased i dont like Bedard as a player i think he was overly hyped.

I really dont understand why we couldnt pick Michkov

I hope the real reasons will come out one day

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
From what iv seen on the goals hes ahead of Bedard. But i am biased i dont like Bedard as a player i think he was overly hyped.

Wouldn't it be kind blowing, if in 5 years we realize the real reason we didn't pick Michkov, was that he just didn't impact a team's performance like Reinbacher does.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Wouldn't it be kind blowing, if in 5 years we realize the real reason we didn't pick Michkov, was that he just didn't impact a team's performance like Reinbacher does.

Yeah even healthy i doubt Reinbacker was good enough to get to that point, now ooof i dont know man

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Ask and ye shall receive...
Michkov with literally the worst defensive play I've seen since young Ovi :laugh:

I was and am a big Michkov fan but holy smokes that's awful. I can't image Torts will be happy.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Michkov didn't want to play in Montreal. Been talked about before on here. Leonard been my pick. Reinbacher probably a mistake. I haven't seen anything to justify him over Leonard

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Ask and ye shall receive...

Well Bedard would be there watching them pass him.

Michkov is from russia im giving him a pass until he learns some basics

Michkov didn't want to play in Montreal. Been talked about before on here. Leonard been my pick. Reinbacher probably a mistake. I haven't seen anything to justify him over Leonard

Pretty sure the reason had to do with the rbc patch and the geo political war going on in the background

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
One does not need to smear a teenager to justify picking another teenager with the 5OA?

What if the reason the Habs picks Slafkovsky, Reinbacher, and Demidov was because they preferred them to alternatives available at that time? Could that be something? Or did Slafkovsky conspire to be picked by the Habs, Reinbacher commit skullduggery to induce his draft order, and Demidov straight up hypnotise teams pickding 2-4 in order to ensure his landing on the Habs?

Did Lane Hutson threaten other teams with a sit-out in order to secure his spot to the Habs?

I'm just asking questions... maybe in some years we'll know the "REAL" reason... much to think about...

Michkov didn't want to play in Montreal. Been talked about before on here.
By dimwit liars who have zero evidence, yes.

Players don't choose where they're drafted. That's why it's a draft. That's why the worst team picks the best prospect. You think any teenager wants to play in Winnipeg or Buffalo instead of New York or Florida? You think Adam Fantilli wanted to play in Columbus instead of Anaheim?

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Except it's been reported already.
No it hasn't. Nothing has been reported.
Friedman mentioned it in the past, and again said on 32 Thoughts literally three weeks ago that the Flyers seem to be skilled at dealing with Russians, and one thing that stood out in relation to this is that Michkov made sure to end up in Philly. He even jokingly called Briere the ambassador of Russia.
Nobody has proven or justified or provided evidence of "Michkov made sure to end up in Philly". Praising Philly for their ability to deal with KHL or Russian players is a completely different topic. This is something the Habs have to improve too, because Russian players are undervalued in the NHL. But it has nothing to do with Michkov's so-called "preferences" -- Michkov could've been picked by Arizona and he would've had no way to prevent it. Just like Tom Brady was drafted by the Expos.
People can be disappointed that they took Reinbacher over Leonard or whoever else but the Michkov pick was never going to happen whether his fans like it or not.
Sure -- the Habs preferred Reinbacher and therefore picked him. No mystery, no geopolitics, no psychoanalysis necessary.

Maybe other teams would have preferred Reinbacher at 5OA as well, but we'll never know because it was the Habs who picked Reinbacher over Michkov. That's what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad