OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
"I can't even" drives me more insane than JT to the Rangers proposals.
Personally, can’t stand that one. I had to stop hanging out with a chick because of this. I couldn’t even.

Her: “I can’t even”
Me: “can’t even what?”
Her: “I just can’t”
Me: “can’t what!?!”
Her: “I just can’t even”

That was about enough for me.

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016
Personally, can’t stand that one. I had to stop hanging out with a chick because of this. I couldn’t even.

Her: “I can’t even”
Me: “can’t even what?”
Her: “I just can’t”
Me: “can’t what!?!”
Her: “I just can’t even”

That was about enough for me.
Did you tell her she's odd?

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Did you tell her she's odd?
The words just didn’t get through. I think she was having trouble with her vocabulary and that’s why she always said, “I just can’t”. She couldn’t articulate what she wanted to say because she was a jackass.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The words just didn’t get through. I think she was having trouble with her vocabulary and that’s why she always said, “I just can’t”. She couldn’t articulate what she wanted to say because she was a jackass.

I don't like, "feel some sort of way" because you know, that doesn't actually describe what way you are feeling.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yep. I'm really the only American I know that has a clue who Minchin is. I've introduced him to some others, but nobody is really into him. Was talking to a friend of a friend who happens to be British not too long ago and I brought up Minchin. He was shocked I knew who he was. Not quite sure why he's only popular in England and Australia, but I guess that happens sometimes. Nick Cave is another Aussie I like that for some reason hasn't caught on in the U.S.

Did you listen to the Matilda stuff? I never got around to that, but think it's great he got a lot of credit and notoriety with it.

The ironic thing is...I love Minchin, but I hate musicals. I tried to give Matilda a go, but literally walked out. Not because it wasn't good, but I feel about musicals the way I do about baseball - Talented people, but the way they go about showing that talent bores me to tears.

Ironically many people in Australia don't know him. I'd say about 1 in 5 do, but he is from there (Perth), which is in the middle of nowhere - Even for Australia.

Anyway I'd kill to just have a drink with Tim and just shoot the ****. It feels like if the deepest thoughts in my cranium got up and showed themselves in public it would look like him.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The ironic thing is...I love Minchin, but I hate musicals. I tried to give Matilda a go, but literally walked out. Not because it wasn't good, but I feel about musicals the way I do about baseball - Talented people, but the way they go about showing that talent bores me to tears.

Ironically many people in Australia don't know him. I'd say about 1 in 5 do, but he is from there (Perth), which is in the middle of nowhere - Even for Australia.

Anyway I'd kill to just have a drink with Tim and just shoot the ****. It feels like if the deepest thoughts in my cranium got up and showed themselves in public it would look like him.

I love his "if I didn't have you" song where he talks about meeting his wife at the University of Perth. Always loved the realistic view of his relationship so much so that I tell my wife that if I didn't have her I'd probably have somebody else all the time.

The idea of soul mates drives me nuts and he put it so perfectly.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Anyone playing some games? I haven’t been able to put down AC Origins, and I’ve never been a fan of the series.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Sounds similar to American Horror Story in that their seasons aren't connected, from what I've been told (saw a few episodes of that and felt like I was watching the same thing over and over again). Is it the same characters in each episode of Black Mirror though? Otherwise, I can't imagine I'd like it much.

Nope, completely different characters 95% of the time. There are some strange overlaps but really it just feels like a part 2 of a story. Each episode is liking watching a short movie and you need no reference points or back stories from any episode to watch them. You could watch them in a completely reverse order and have no idea you did it.

I didn't really get into American Horror Story because it just seemed too overdone. I don't watch stuff for shock value and don't appreciate it being done because there is no genius to shock value. That's why I couldn't stand the first episode of Black Mirror.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Anyone playing some games? I haven’t been able to put down AC Origins, and I’ve never been a fan of the series.

I saw it on sale and am tempted. But, my backlog of games is long because so many games went on deep discount (and into my library) over the holidays and the new Farcry comes out soon.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I had gotten a free copy of another Assassin's creed game a few years back with my graphics card, played it for about 20 minutes and decided it was already too repetitive. Haven't picked one back up since.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I saw it on sale and am tempted. But, my backlog of games is long because so many games went on deep discount (and into my library) over the holidays and the new Farcry comes out soon.
I got it for $20 on Black Friday. Definitely worth the money if you can catch it on sale.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Unpopular opinion, but Breaking Bad is one of the most overrated shows in television history and had one of the worst endings I've ever seen. Better Call Saul is a superior show.

Flame away.

Agree 100 percent. I hear people call it the best show of all time, but I just don't see it. It was a very good show, but it doesn't come close to sopranos in terms of nuance, story, character depth, and attention to detail. The show lacks the depth of true greats like Sopranos, Wire, S1 TD, and even the first 3 seasons of Boardwalk empire. It's simply not that interesting after multiple viewings, wheres those other shows, I'm still noticing things I didn't notice before. I watch the entire series of sopranos at least once a year, and even after 10-15 years, I'm still picking up on things that I didn't notice before.

I think BB was special when it first premiered, because they always left you with cliffhangers, always left you wondering whats going to happen in the next scene, and episode. Once you know all that stuff after seeing it once, the surprise is over, and you're not as drawn into the story.

This is how I rate these shows:
Sopranos 10/10
Wire 9.6/10
Boardwalk empire S1-s3: 9.5/10; S1-S5: 8.6/10
S1 True Detective: 9.3/10

Breaking bad 8.8/10
the wonder years: 8.5/10

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Unpopular opinion, but Breaking Bad is one of the most overrated shows in television history and had one of the worst endings I've ever seen.

To me, this is like saying Wayne Gretzky wasn't that good.

And the ending with the song "My Baby Blue" was just perfect.

Best Shows of all time
1. Breaking Bad
2. Seinfeld
3. Everything else

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
To me, this is like saying Wayne Gretzky wasn't that good.

And the ending with the song "My Baby Blue" was just perfect.

Best Shows of all time
1. Breaking Bad
2. Seinfeld
3. Everything else

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
I jumped back into BF4 the other night.

I play BF1 pretty regularly. I'm terrible at multiplayer shooters, but I'm a big WW1 buff, so I love the setting and the weapons.

played it for about 20 minutes and decided it was already too repetitive. Haven't picked one back up since.

This one is apparently pretty different. More in the vein of Witcher 3, I believe, which was fantastic.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I play BF1 pretty regularly. I'm terrible at multiplayer shooters, but I'm a big WW1 buff, so I love the setting and the weapons.

This one is apparently pretty different. More in the vein of Witcher 3, I believe, which was fantastic.
Very much like that. I put 36 hours into it before even starting the story.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
im not a movie theater buff so i dont go too often. i think the last time i went was to see "shawshank".....i told my old lady that i didnt want to go see that movie because i knew it would be more bullshit than true. we went to the movies and after about 30 minutes i told her "its time to go....this is bullshit". and after i explained to our friends who went with us why it was a load of crap, they understood. morgan freeman never would have met tim rollins in prison in those days. prisons were segregated!! they never would have met!!!
video games? i dont waste my time. i would rather watch grass grow or paint dry.
music? i listen to thrash metal or the blues ( overkill or buddy guy or jeff beck ).
tv shows? come on man, im a kid from the 60s 70s and 80s....adam 12, emergency, toma, barretta, barney miller, mash, taxi, soap.......there was all kinds of good stuff back then.
i did like the sopranos, and game of thrones, but you can have the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad