OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Don't forget the episode of Blacklist that ended with God's Gonna Cut You Down by Johnny Cash. I bought the song instantly lol. I know you were just talking about movies, but somehow Blacklist stands out in my mind as always picking the perfect song for the moment!

Was talking about shows and movies lOL... Blacklist I gave up on at the end of season one, always liked James Spader but not in that role I guess, did it get better?

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
A guy digs a hole through a three foot wall with a tiny rock hammer and nobody notices and then uses a rock to break through a sewer pipe and make a hole big enough to crawl through and you have a problem with the fact that they weren't segregated? For reals?:help:
i didnt see those parts. if you paid attention, you would have noticed that i said, after about 30 minutes i told my old lady that its time to go because this movie is bullshit. so yes, im "for reals....."

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
Got this from my wife.

te79Ilh.jpg

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
You guys would love my music collection.

Side note -- just got back from the dentist and got a clean bill of health!

Additional bonus -- the cute dental hygentist who was using her god given gifts up against my head while cleaning my teeth.

(this was unexpected as I hadn't been to Dentist in YEARS... Im an anti-dentite -- all stems from traumatic experiences as a kid with the drill)

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
You guys would love my music collection.

Side note -- just got back from the dentist and got a clean bill of health!

Additional bonus -- the cute dental hygentist who was using her god given gifts up against my head while cleaning my teeth.

(this was unexpected as I hadn't been to Dentist in YEARS... Im an anti-dentite -- all stems from traumatic experiences as a kid with the drill)
J

Will the video be your next post ?
BOOM CHACKA BOOM BOOM Should be how the music starts.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Lemme guess... Sheryl Crow, Boston, KISS, Weird Al...

Man -- that Sheryl Crow emoticon really went bad for me! Lesson learned.

Miley, Brit, and ICP.

J

Will the video be your next post ?
BOOM CHACKA BOOM BOOM Should be how the music starts.

"Oh Bones -- I'd knew you return for me... Now -- lay down in that reclining chair and Ill get out the instruments.."

I have to go back in 3 months -- Ill have to find a way to get some sort of proof -- we all know the motto...

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Billy Joel is very overrated IMO

NO Television was surprising though

Can't stand the amount of love Billy Joel gets. You'd think he was the only quality act to ever come out of New York the way people freak out about him.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Can't stand the amount of love Billy Joel gets. You'd think he was the only quality act to ever come out of New York the way people freak out about him.

I never got his appeal, he is a piano player, and most of his songs are simple... my uncle's band headlined in the city and the Hassles (Billy Joel's band) opened up and Joel was strung out on heroin and was more of a rocker earlier on... but music label and his wife/manager castrated him into a pop sound to make money and rip him off.

Dagger got most of the best from NY... Patti Smith (NJ), Velvet Underground, Blondie, Ramones... and there was a resurgence with a few solid bands later on like yeah Yeah Yeah's, Interpol, Strokes, Vampire Weekend

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I never got his appeal, he is a piano player, and most of his songs are simple... my uncle's band headlined in the city and the Hassles (Billy Joel's band) opened up and Joel was strung out on heroin and was more of a rocker earlier on... but music label and his wife/manager castrated him into a pop sound to make money and rip him off.

Dagger got most of the best from NY... Patti Smith (NJ), Velvet Underground, Blondie, Ramones... and there was a resurgence with a few solid bands later on like yeah Yeah Yeah's, Interpol, Strokes, Vampire Weekend

I'm a really big Interpol/Paul Banks fan. Really enjoy most of those bands from that time period.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I'm a really big Interpol/Paul Banks fan. Really enjoy most of those bands from that time period.

That was a very good time period for a revival of sound, really catapulted by the Strokes. Interpol were more true to the sound..... The National was great too, still great, Tame Impala broke out then too...

It was a necessary movement away from a really bad sound that littering the airwaves as I did not like Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Blink 182 sounding bands and the harder stuff was pushing towards a metal sound.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That was a very good time period for a revival of sound, really catapulted by the Strokes. Interpol were more true to the sound..... The National was great too, still great, Tame Impala broke out then too...

It was a necessary movement away from a really bad sound that littering the airwaves as I did not like Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Blink 182 sounding bands and the harder stuff was pushing towards a metal sound.

The National is quite good, really underrated. I really enjoy that type of song writing/singing. Timber Timbre has a similar droning quality that I like a lot, but it's obviously a bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad