GDT: 2024 Regular Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
If he can bounce back when he returns to the mound and keep up his offense, he has a case for the GOAT. Funny, he's not even overpaid at $70 million annually.
I mean, it’s certainly possible. He’ll win MVP again this year, which will be his 3rd in the last 4 years. The year he didn’t win it he came 2nd in voting and also was 4th in Cy Young voting. Its just insane.

Reactions: ru4reals

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I was wondering if he's already a hall of famer. I think today made a case that he's first ballot hall of famer, and it feels like he's just getting started.
He's still not eligible. The Hall might make an exception if some tragedy occurred, but he's not yet eligible.

He's probably already cemented his case, barring a total collapse. He's basically got Koufax' career without a few filler years.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
He's still not eligible. The Hall might make an exception if some tragedy occurred, but he's not yet eligible.

He's probably already cemented his case, barring a total collapse. He's basically got Koufax' career without a few filler years.

I'm not saying he should get in now. I was only wondering is if he retired tomorrow and he was eligible, would it be enough to get him into the HOF. Just being the only guy to get 50/50 makes me say yes, but he's going for more than one world series ring and it will just cement it even more.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
i'm just glad ohtani is finally doing all this with a winning team. it was so sad watching his talent being wasted year after year with the angels
He might've been on a division rival but it was still tough to see . Year after year of non playoff baseball and just general neglect by the franchise. He , more than anyone, deserved to get out and go to a contender. Happy to see him thriving in LA and finally get to play in October. Plus, it was a happy bonus to get him out of the division.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I'm not saying he should get in now. I was only wondering is if he retired tomorrow and he was eligible, would it be enough to get him into the HOF. Just being the only guy to get 50/50 makes me say yes, but he's going for more than one world series ring and it will just cement it even more.
He has the Koufax peak, so probably.

I do honestly think it's really easy to get blown away by big round numbers. 50/50 is great because there are 50 home runs there - the stolen bases represent only a very modest portion of Ohtani's value.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad