OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I gave up on Black Mirror on the pilot with the PM and the pig... so is that the stinker episode?

OMG, Majormet, yes the rest are nothing really like that at all. I don't know what your preferences are, but that first ludicrous episode was the worst by far. The rest are more futuristic technology causing conflict type stories and not nearly as far fetched as the first. Honestly, just watch the second episode and decide again. If that one sucks for you then it's probably not for you, but definitely don't judge it off the first one!!!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don't believe in giving shows more than an episode to see if I like it. If it doesn't hook me right away I don't want to stick around and see if it improves. It's actually an issue with the Netflix style releases, they assume you'll binge and use the first episode as such and won't put too much in it.

I liked Spartacus, but I don't think it's at all like game of thrones.

Well Black Mirror would have proved you wrong. I have that rule because of gems like that. There are several I thought were slow to develop and I gave up on but not until I at least took the time to give a fair watch. Keep in mind many times pilots are just a test and don't really showcase what the series is all about. Of course that wasn't the case in Black Mirror as the shows don't really run together, just have some interlacing oddities like songs and some technology really.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well Black Mirror would have proved you wrong. I have that rule because of gems like that. There are several I thought were slow to develop and I gave up on but not until I at least took the time to give a fair watch. Keep in mind many times pilots are just a test and don't really showcase what the series is all about. Of course that wasn't the case in Black Mirror as the shows don't really run together, just have some interlacing oddities like songs and some technology really.

Sounds similar to American Horror Story in that their seasons aren't connected, from what I've been told (saw a few episodes of that and felt like I was watching the same thing over and over again). Is it the same characters in each episode of Black Mirror though? Otherwise, I can't imagine I'd like it much.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
OMG, Majormet, yes the rest are nothing really like that at all. I don't know what your preferences are, but that first ludicrous episode was the worst by far. The rest are more futuristic technology causing conflict type stories and not nearly as far fetched as the first. Honestly, just watch the second episode and decide again. If that one sucks for you then it's probably not for you, but definitely don't judge it off the first one!!!

I like futuristic technology conflict/semi dystopian, will give it another try

Thanks Leap

Reactions: LeapOnOver

nycole

no longer in distress
Feb 25, 2016

Black Mirror is ****ed up.

Thank you. I fell asleep halfway into the first episode, was procrastinating finishing it. Hopefully I'll get to watch it tonight.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Genius move. You think people will say it more or less now at the bar?

Also I'd like to know their policy if someone says "literally" and then refuses to leave.

And I am also sure that if this gets big enough a group of people looking for a fight will name themselves the "Literally Gang" and storm down there with the word "literally" all over their clothing, who will try to only speak with the word.

Should be an interesting night.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just found this song the other day, been hooked on her stuff since. Not sure if anyone else is interested but I'll leave it here in case someone is.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone else know who Tim Minchin is? If anyone has 12 minutes and would like to see a genius combination of George Carlin, Elton John, and Robert Smith of The Cure, then watch this...

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone else know who Tim Minchin is? If anyone has 12 minutes and would like to see a genius combination of George Carlin, Elton John, and Robert Smith of The Cure, then watch this...

Tim Minchin is absolutely awesome. You ever watch him on Nevermind the Buzzcocks? Love him and love the show. Simon Amstell, one of the hosts, is pretty funny as well.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Tim Minchin is absolutely awesome. You ever watch him on Nevermind the Buzzcocks? Love him and love the show. Simon Amstell, one of the hosts, is pretty funny as well.

Well PK it's been a while, but we finally found out why we're kindred spirits.

Tim Minchin is literally my favorite entertainer in the universe right now. I made it a point to meet him at some point in my life, and every time I met someone from Australia I asked them, "Do you know Tim Minchin?" So ridiculous of me...It'd be someone saying to one of us, "Oh you live in New York? Do you know Robert DeNiro..?"

Anyway last year he performed 3 times at Feinstein's 54 Below in the city and i went all three times. The venue is small and afterwards he just hung out and I saw a line forming around him so I got on it...And next thing I know there we are talking. I used to work in film so I'm not that phased by famous people, but I was totally newvous to meet him.

Then I did it two more times. Just awesome.

Anyway he's just the best. The best.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Well PK it's been a while, but we finally found out why we're kindred spirits.

Tim Minchin is literally my favorite entertainer in the universe right now. I made it a point to meet him at some point in my life, and every time I met someone from Australia I asked them, "Do you know Tim Minchin?" So ridiculous of me...It'd be someone saying to one of us, "Oh you live in New York? Do you know Robert DeNiro..?"

Anyway last year he performed 3 times at Feinstein's 54 Below in the city and i went all three times. The venue is small and afterwards he just hung out and I saw a line forming around him so I got on it...And next thing I know there we are talking. I used to work in film so I'm not that phased by famous people, but I was totally newvous to meet him.

Then I did it two more times. Just awesome.

Anyway he's just the best. The best.

Yep. I'm really the only American I know that has a clue who Minchin is. I've introduced him to some others, but nobody is really into him. Was talking to a friend of a friend who happens to be British not too long ago and I brought up Minchin. He was shocked I knew who he was. Not quite sure why he's only popular in England and Australia, but I guess that happens sometimes. Nick Cave is another Aussie I like that for some reason hasn't caught on in the U.S.

Did you listen to the Matilda stuff? I never got around to that, but think it's great he got a lot of credit and notoriety with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad