Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
On the topic of Mike Eaves, I highly doubt Lou hires him especially after Wisconsin's performance this year.

Not that it's his fault, but it doesn't exactly ensure confidence in him.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
On the topic of Mike Eaves, I highly doubt Lou hires him especially after Wisconsin's performance this year.

Not that it's his fault, but it doesn't exactly ensure confidence in him.

I'm not a big fan of bringing a College or junior coach on as head coach. I would prefer an AHL coach with a history of successful player development. Jeff Blashill please

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
McClellan is my top choice as of right now. he's worked with kids and vets successfully, both in team accomplishments and individual progress. if Babcock stays in Detroit, I'd also find out if we can give Blashill a call..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Who is the last guy to come straight from college without AHL/pro assistant experience?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The fact that they're making out like the McLellan firing was a mutual decision, is an absolute joke.:laugh:

I think I'd be alright with him though.

Whatever keeps us from hiring Oates as the head coach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think McLellan ends up in Edmonton.

I don't know why he would want to go there, unless he really doesn't have the interest that he supposedly will.

Poorly run organization that's head coaches have a VERY short shelf life.

I think they've had like 5 head coaches there just in the time that he's been in San Jose.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I don't know why he would want to go there, unless he really doesn't have the interest that he supposedly will.

Poorly run organization that's head coaches have a VERY short shelf life.

I think they've had like 5 head coaches there just in the time that he's been in San Jose.

Some coaches might be intrigued by the gig if they'd like to mentor young possible superstars, or to build something? Dunno.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some coaches might be intrigued by the gig if they'd like to mentor young possible superstars, or to build something? Dunno.

They've been building something for years there.

It always crumbles too.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well McDavid makes any job more attractive though I agree he'll probably have better offers than Edmonton. I might take Buffalo's job over Edmonton's lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou should call up DW and try to work out a trade for Pete and Todd.:sarcasm:

Both have one year remaining on their contracts.:laugh:

Oates being hired as Devils head coach and Pete being hired by the Sharks would make me retire from watching hockey.:help:

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Lou should call up DW and try to work out a trade for Pete and Todd.:sarcasm:

Both have one year remaining on their contracts.:laugh:

Oates being hired as Devils head coach and Pete being hired by the Sharks would make me retire from watching hockey.:help:

Well if that happens, maybe it's because Lou really likes Auston Matthews :sarcasm:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I find McLellan to NJ interesting because, whether you actually think he's a good coach or not, his teams have always moved the puck well in transition. And not just the skill/star guys.

I doubt it would happen though. He likely wants more control, not less.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
one person McClellan would ask is Robinson...who I'm sure would give a glowing, honest review

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
one person McClellan would ask is Robinson...who I'm sure would give a glowing, honest review

And I think Larry would say the same to Lou about McClellan who from everything I read Robinson really liked. Pretty sure early in the year he even said that he wanted to stop being an assistant coach this year but only continued because McClellan asked him too and he had to much respect for him not to.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Larry Robinson recommends McLellan, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. I thought he looked like a pretty good coach in the Epix series.

Same here, although obviously that's a short, controlled sample size but he did come off well on the 24/7 series.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Definitely a limited sample size, but at least he didn't have a war with a toaster like Randy Carlyle. :laugh:

I also remember laughing at one point where someone asked him if there was a pattern to the Sharks' losses during a losing streak and he actually answered the question (not going to the net enough I think was part of it)...only cause if it was a certain former coach of ours he would have said 'what pattern'?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I also remember laughing at one point where someone asked him if there was a pattern to the Sharks' losses in a recent losing streak and he actually answered the question (not going to the net enough I think was part of it)...only cause if it was a certain former coach of ours he would have said 'what pattern'?

That was a good moment. I thought he was honest there without humiliating his team if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad