Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
It's crazy when you think about how many coaching changes there could be this summer. Arizona, Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto, and us will/could have different head coaches next year.

Free agency for coaches might be more interesting than free agency for players this year.:laugh:

Also look at the coaches that puts out on the market. Some good coaches are out there. Babcock, McLellen, Tippet, and Julien if they both get let go. Hitch perhaps also. Bylsma and Deboer (I know he wont be hired here and i know people have a difference of opinion but he will be coaching in the NHL this season and he has been mentioned as an option for some of these teams)

I think you might be on to something with it being more interesting then free agency this year haha.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I think the Flyers are seriously looking at DeBoer.

Good, they have a few young defensemen that he can mess around with ala Larsson/Gelinas....and would love to see his excellent record at making the playoffs (once in 7 years) continue!

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
My guess is Shero wants to see who gets fired and wants to make an offer to Babcock and go down from there.

Doubt it happens, but wouldn't it be a coup if we landed Babcock? :laugh:

It's crazy when you think about how many coaching changes there could be this summer. Arizona, Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Edmonton, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto, and us will/could have different head coaches next year.

Free agency for coaches might be more interesting than free agency for players this year.:laugh:

Oh, it will be! This UFA class is like picking through the $5 movie bin at Walmart.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13m13 minutes ago
DET has granted Mike Babcock permission to talk to other NHL teams. Window open til late May. Doesn't mean Babcock leaving DET, window open.

Babs is heading to the world champs to watch Dillion Larkin and meet with teams per bob

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Good, they have a few young defensemen that he can mess around with ala Larsson/Gelinas....and would love to see his excellent record at making the playoffs (once in 7 years) continue!

At the same time, I could see his forechecking system working well with their speedy guys like Voracek, Giroux, Laughton, Read, etc.

Hiring DeBoer wouldn't be an "all bad" move for them.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
At the same time, I could see his forechecking system working well with their speedy guys like Voracek, Giroux, Laughton, Read, etc.

Hiring DeBoer wouldn't be an "all bad" move for them.

Its been talked about in the Shero thread but all coaches and GMs learn from their past. I have zero doubt that Deboer learned something as he watched Larrson up his game after he was gone.

I dont think he's a bad hire for a couple of the teams looking for a coach.

I have no idea who i want as our coach. So many options and i dont think the 2 really good coaches are realistic options.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope the Flyers do hire DeBoer, they go from one terrible head coach to another.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Its been talked about in the Shero thread but all coaches and GMs learn from their past. I have zero doubt that Deboer learned something as he watched Larrson up his game after he was gone.

I dont think he's a bad hire for a couple of the teams looking for a coach.

I have no idea who i want as our coach. So many options and i dont think the 2 really good coaches are realistic options.

Except Pete would be on his third job now, not his second. It's always possible to learn things but at a certain point you are what you are, for better and worse.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know why so many people think Pete is getting a new job. There's way too many candidates and not enough jobs around the league. Not to mention that most of them don't have the garbage track record he has.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 51s52 seconds ago
Pete DeBoer is quietly drawing interest. San Jose and Edmonton are among teams believed to have talked to DeBoer.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 51s52 seconds ago
Pete DeBoer is quietly drawing interest. San Jose and Edmonton are among teams believed to have talked to DeBoer.

Edmonton!?!? That would be a Benny Hill sketch on ice! :biglaugh:

We'd better resign Sal and Harrold ASAP so we can package them with Gionta for Draisaitl. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Deboer isnt a bad coach with the right team.

There is a reason around the NHL he was well liked and talked up during his enitre time here. I said it after he was fired and i will say it now. He will be an NHL head coach this season.

But thats off topic, So would you guys give up a 3rd round pick in 1 of the next 3 drafts for Babcock? Because i believe thats the deal if somoene else gets him during this window he has.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

There is a reason around the NHL he was well liked and talked up during his enitre time here. I said it after he was fired and i will say it now. He will be an NHL head coach this season.

if you can only be a good coach when you have EXACTLY the right players, you aren't a good coach.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
We need a coach who is good with developing and building. Someone who is patient with growing pains and able to see the bigger picture. Cliche answer I know but there are plenty of guys available who don't fit that mold. Fact is, it's gonna be a couple of years before we start to become reasonably decent and how quickly we emerge as contenders will depend in large part on how the coach and his cohorts manage and develop the talent we bring in through drafts/signings/trades. Also have to ask ourselves, do we want a guy to help with the transition and then leave or a guy to stick around for more than a couple years? Different GM now (still weird to say that) so we may have more stability behind the bench if and when we find the right guy.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND

But thats off topic, So would you guys give up a 3rd round pick in 1 of the next 3 drafts for Babcock? Because i believe thats the deal if somoene else gets him during this window he has.

Babcock wants way to much power and money for us. I don't want a head coach/gm. My preference still goes to a new young gun like Jeff Blashill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad