Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
I have a feeling that Shero will go for an american born coach due to his close thighs(?) with american hockey. :)

Gentleman of Verona

Famous Ray
Apr 24, 2012
Verona, NJ
I have no real intuition one way or another here. I do think Stevens stays as an assistant.

As for Oates?

359y9o9.jpg

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
TSN Drive‏@TSNDrive
Former #Lightning Head Coach Guy Boucher told @TSNDaveNaylor that he HAS been approached by an NHL team. Listen for the interview at 4:30pm.

Is it us ?

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
TSN Drive‏@TSNDrive
Former #Lightning Head Coach Guy Boucher told @TSNDaveNaylor that he HAS been approached by an NHL team. Listen for the interview at 4:30pm.

Is it us ?

Doubtful, Shero (man it's weird typing that) said he wasn't picking a coach until after the Worlds.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
New Jersey
Edmonton
Phili
Toronto
Buffalo
San Jose

out of those (not sure if i forgot any) I can see it being San Jose

That's the current list, not including the limbo teams like Boston and St. Louis. I'd put us sixth on that list vis-a-vis Boucher...there's no way they even started a head coach search when they were finalizing this transition.

And if he said this before Lou went upstairs you still know it wasn't us :P I don't think it was Philly or Toronto either, since they're both hot for the big prize (Babcock). Buffalo's been linked to McLellan I think. Technically Edmonton still has an interim coach listed - as do we.

Last edited:

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Given how much Shero is talking up scoring more goals I wouldn't be surprised to see an offensive-minded coach coming in. The Devils playing up-tempo... such a change!

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Given how much Shero is talking up scoring more goals I wouldn't be surprised to see an offensive-minded coach coming in. The Devils playing up-tempo... such a change!

Last time I heard that didn't work out so well.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
An up tempo system is great...if you have the personnel to actually execute it.

Jordan Tootoo and Steve Gionta are probably our two fastest skaters. Let that one sink in for a minute.

If we played an open system with the current player personnel, we'd get slaughtered every night. Hopefully Shero brings in some guys who don't skate like they have cinder blocks in attached to their ankles and cuts bait with the ones who do aka Zubrus and Ruutu.

elindholm

Jun 3, 2013
Jordan Tootoo and Steve Gionta are probably our two fastest skaters. Let that one sink in for a minute.

If we played an open system with the current player personnel, we'd get slaughtered every night. Hopefully Shero brings in some guys who don't skate like they have cinder blocks in attached to their ankles and cuts bait with the ones who do aka Zubrus and Ruutu.

You can't implement a new system unless you have the players capable to implement it. You can start "going in that direction" but it's not like turning a toggle switch. You can't start playing like Blackhawks if the tools aren't there.

Also, btw, You can't roller skate in a Buffalo heard

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can't implement a new system unless you have the players capable to implement it. You can start "going in that direction" but it's not like turning a toggle switch. You can't start playing like Blackhawks if the tools aren't there.

Also, btw, You can't roller skate in a Buffalo heard

Yeah that another DeBoer problem. Couldn't adjust, kept forcing that system that didn't work with the personnel after his first year with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad