GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
I'm a retired immigration judge.

It's simply a professional habit of mine of correcting wrong opinion/info...
Wow that isn't ironic at all. You appear to have immigrated from the Habs forum to here, you are hereby ordered to return to your home forum by order of HF Sens court.

tenor.gif

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How can you watch the entirety of that play and blame Chabot?

Look at what Jensen does throughout this entire sequence. Comes down the half wall with the puck...freeze the video at 3 seconds...has Chabot on the other side of the ice completely wide open and has Stutzle in the near corner completely wide open...what does he do? Throws the puck at the net into a crowd of 5 red jerseys and one teammate in front of the net (Tkachuk). Instead of stopping after releasing the puck, he continues to float down the half wall. The defenseman easily blocks the puck he lofted at him and they turn around the attack, where now he's way out of position.

He watches Chabot race back down the ice and dive in a last ditch effort to disrupt the shot but instead of stopping in front of the net he continues skating past it and the trailing forward pokes the puck in.

It's just a mountain of stupid decision-making in the span of 15ish seconds on his part.
Jensen controller disconnects after his shot.

Why doesn’t chabot move to the middle of the ice to support the play. He’s just watching the front of the net hoping Ottawa gets it?

Both duds on the play. But if chabot moves to the middle it’s not a breakaway

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
This roster is still too soft. Need size and intimidation.

We’ve got a few pests but no real bullies aside from Brady.

We also need guys whose motor runs higher than our current guys.

Amadio is fine but I’m still not over the sens refusing to just pay Nick Paul.

Paul>Amadio>Joseph.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's one loss. The real time to get concerned is the Saturday game against Tampa. That game is the benchmark for what kind of team the Sens are. If they don't come in hot with a strong effort, despite it being Spartacat's birthday, then I'm concerned.

I'm pretty sure spartys birthday is sometime around April 2019

156.jpg

Reactions: Loach

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Stu is scoring 1.5 G/G! It won't continue. Stu is NOT the problem; neither is Ullmark.

The problem is poor play by most of the Fs and some of the D. Some of those Fs and Ds may have to replaced.

Coach Green and his henchmen need to correct the problems with effort, lack of smart play, and what seems to be either slowness or laziness or players not in game shape.

When Guy Boucher was here he had them play strong defensively and it worked to reduce the Goals Against; however, it also reduced GF/G. It seems that this group of players does not know how to play a strong defensive game together, or if they can, they are not doing it because of coaching. That is partly on the coaching staff for not implementing a strong defensive system and making the players play that way.

I'd rather have Torts doing the coaching; he would shake them until they do as they are told. I also like Torts strategy.

This organization will never hire a Tortorella level coach. Everyone is too chicken of the players revolting and wanting out. Also why they're given big contracts before proving anything and lauded over any little positive thing they do. I doubt that will ever change.

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
My game? Wtf are you talking about?

Hopefully I misunderstood because it's not looking too bright here lol

Why the hell would I post 30K+ posts on the Sens board or on the main boards DEFENDING the Sens if I was secretly a Habs fan?

lol what is going on?
@Do Make Say Think

for what it’s worth just wanna chime in cause I don’t know if you browse main boards

Now me and Xspyrit have may had our fair share of hiccups over the years , but one thing I can say is he is one of the more if not most prominent figure representing the Senators out there

Dude is 100% Senator

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Jensen controller disconnects after his shot.

Why doesn’t chabot move to the middle of the ice to support the play. He’s just watching the front of the net hoping Ottawa gets it?

Both duds on the play. But if chabot moves to the middle it’s not a breakaway
Watch the clip, he curled in further along the blueline when Jensen releases the puck. However, Suzuki gets the pass at the blueline on Jensen's side. Even if Chabot was closer to the middle of the blueline, there's still no way he could have pressured or intercepted the pass with Suzuki so open.

Why is Jensen at the bottom of the circle after releasing his shot at the top of the circle? It's Chabot's fault that he needs to cover the entire blueline because his partner threw a puck into 5 red jerseys and then continued drifting down the wall until he was at the bottom of faceoff circle and out of the play? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It's ok to be critical of Chabot, and his play against Montreal, like a lot of the team, left something to be desired. But let's call a spade a spade. Jensen was downright dogshit on 3 of the goals and he's supposed to be the steady veteran defenseman.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Watch the clip, he curled in further along the blueline when Jensen releases the puck. However, Suzuki gets the pass at the blueline on Jensen's side. Even if Chabot was closer to the middle of the blueline, there's still no way he could have pressured or intercepted the pass with Suzuki so open.

Why is Jensen at the bottom of the circle after releasing his shot at the top of the circle? It's Chabot's fault that he needs to cover the entire blueline because his partner threw a puck into 5 red jerseys and then continued drifting down the wall until he was at the bottom of faceoff circle and out of the play? That doesn't make any sense at all.

It's ok to be critical of Chabot, and his play against Montreal, like a lot of the team, left something to be desired. But let's call a spade a spade. Jensen was downright dogshit on 3 of the goals and he's supposed to be the steady veteran defenseman.
Looks like all three forwards were after the puck, one of them needs to cover for Jensen when he pinches, Stu was giving him a pass option in the corner, so either Tkachuk or Cousins probably would have had to do it, but I think at that point in the game they are accepting a lot more risk for creating offense.

I'd have preferred Jensen play the puck to Stu there, but had the pas gotten through its a Tkachuk tap in on the back door, the seem just closed up as he was committing to it,

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This roster is still too soft. Need size and intimidation.

We’ve got a few pests but no real bullies aside from Brady.

We also need guys whose motor runs higher than our current guys.

Amadio is fine but I’m still not over the sens refusing to just pay Nick Paul.

Paul>Amadio>Joseph.

Roster is way to slow - DJ and Jacues Martin both said every game “we need to play fast to win” and they never seem to play fast because they can’t, and they don’t win, we aren’t a good stick close team to make passing easy and we certainly dont have the guys or mobility on D to make it happen.

Chabot plays at half speed, Giroux is done, Perron, Hamonic. Norris I feel hasn’t been as bad so some people say but he needs to do something to show he’s an $8 million player like skate with the puck.

Jacques Martin said last season they neede LD way more team speed and we got rid of Joseph and brought in slowish players (Kleven, Hamonic, Perron)

Ottawa couldn’t handle Montreals speed. Very scary

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm a retired immigration judge.

It's simply a professional habit of mine of correcting wrong opinion/info...

Do you know how down bad you have to be to remain in a gdt on another board 48 hours after the game ended. On thanksgiving weekend too. Go find a part time job, volunteer, do something.

Reactions: swiftwin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad