GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
That's a bunch of BS no team is eliminated after the first month of the season, are you telling me that on November 8 there will be an e next to Ottawa in the standings??? :laugh:

If you have a shitty start to the year chances to make the playoffs are single digits.

And these guys are no pesky/hamburgler sens.

I think if we lose 1 more we have to get like 46 wins the rest of the year to make it.

100 or near 100 point pace.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Doug Ford is Provincial bro. We are talking about something on a municipal level. If anything you'd have to hold Tory and Chow responsible for Toronto's demise...
I mean chow has been at the helm for a little over a year.

The ford's have been given the opportunity to f*** over both the largest city in the province, and every other city town and municipality in the province, for years now.

But alas, provincial and municipal politics pales in comparison to how dogshit our team was last night.

The boys better get it together in the coming days/weeks. Otherwise, there is gonna be some major changes on the horizon.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The thing is Edmonton just lost to the Chicago Blackhawks and they're 0-2, Colorado just lost to the Columbus Blue Jacket and they're 0-2, Nashville are 0-2 , the Florida Panthers lost to Buffalo and they're 1-2, so I think we all need to take a deep breath here, still 80 games to go, I doubt a loss on game 2 versus Montreal will break our season.
Vancouver lost both their games, albeit in OT.

It's disappointing that we came into Mtl expecting our skill to win the game rather intent on earning a win. That's a lesson that will have to be learn, better we learn it early on.

I wasn't happy with the decision to put MacEwen in, Green can't let Xhejak scare him into roster decisions when pts are on the line. I'd like to see JBD come in for Hamonic and if it were me. I'd have Ostapchuk in over Gaudette or MacEwen, he didn't have a fantastic camp offensively, but I thought he defended well was solid positionally and was more physical which is what I want from a 4th line center.

On the bright side, I've been really happy with Jensen, he's been a solid addition. Stutzle looks like his shot is back to normal, and Pinto has been playing well.

Reactions: Korpse

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Was talking in general, not about any one specific poster. There has been a lot of fighting in these post game threads.

I didn't see what you said, you're usually cool/friendly..
I made a post comparing the quality of Adrianopolous posts with the sens play. Apparently my gimmick has been up since 2012 and I need to get a grip

Reactions: Dionysus

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Lemme see Toronto; 🤔🤔
-Drug addiction problems on the streets everywhere. Being handed out like candy, shoot em up clinics everywhere. Hell even in our little sheltered area of Yonge/Lawrence we had the pleasure of witnessing overdoses on the sidewalk in front the Lawrence subway station
-Our neighbor cooked himself across the street from us. The rotting corpse stench was so bad it was a few days before they found him. Blood everywhere. Remember this is the Lawrence Park area...
-Home invasions all across the GTA in broad daylight) break-ins etc..
-Car jackings in broad day light
-Cars getting stolen right out of your driveway and even happening in Oakville
-Too many daily shootings to keep track off (hello CP24)
-Multi daily assaults, muggings, violence, etc...
-Systemic cultural hate against each other
-CONSTANT construction
-Tent city galore
-Downtown political protests tie up inner core
-Traffic congestion 18 hours a day
-Gangs, Moffia, crime the list goes on lol
It's just grand isn't it? Lol
I've lived in Toronto for 8 years and always within walking distance of the subway lines. This is the biggest pile of shit list I've ever seen.

Traffic and construction? LOL, really? Tents in some places? No way!!!

Home invasions? Car jackings? Daily shootings? Assaults/muggings? I've never witnessed any of that stuff. I take the subway all the time, I walk around a lot, I get around all parts of the city.

I don't know anyone who has ever been a victim to anything on your list (that you would consider in the traditional sense of victim and perpetrator, not just being a "victim" of traffic).

These problems exist everywhere. This is the biggest city in the country (and one of the biggest in North America) so there's naturally going to be "more" of these things but it doesn't mean the rates are higher. This entire post screams of someone who is deeply online in conservative social media. It's sad that you live in such a state of perpetual fear. We take our kids to the parks, we sign up for city programming, we enjoy the beautiful sights of the city, we take advantage of the city's transit infrastructure, we go to museums, cafes and restaurants...

We're not hunkered down like it's the f***ing Purge out there 24/7.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
those teams don't have a history of eliminating themselves in the first months so the fans have nothing to cheer about for the rest of the year.

this year we HAVE to start strong, instead they have played 1 good period out of six and even that was probably because Florida was tired after a B2B.

It's not the record thats most worrying it's their form.

if they don't start playing with urgency soon, it's bye bye season.
Florida wasn’t on a B2B

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I'll give Giroux and Brady a pass for their effort (or lack thereof) the first couple of games since they both have newborns at home.

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I mean chow has been at the helm for a little over a year.

The ford's have been given the opportunity to f*** over both the largest city in the province, and every other city town and municipality in the province, for years now.

But alas, provincial and municipal politics pales in comparison to how dogshit our team was last night.

The boys better get it together in the coming days/weeks. Otherwise, there is gonna be some major changes on the horizon.
I agree mostly on what you are saying. Not a fan of Ford myself personally but I sense our reasons for not liking him may be different.

Everyone on here is a Sens fan (aside from the small portion of dickheads who cheer for Montreal lol) and our Boys need to forget 2 game and focus on building a strong cohesive unit moving forward. It's imperative though that we stay in the playoff hunt, even in October...

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
“When Brady is going this team is going”. So what’s up with Brady? Hasn’t looked himself at all. I know he’s a new father, but I have to assume they have hired help.

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I've lived in Toronto for 8 years and always within walking distance of the subway lines. This is the biggest pile of shit list I've ever seen.

Home invasions? Car jackings? Daily shootings? Assaults/muggings? I've never witnessed any of that stuff. I take the subway all the time, I walk around a lot, I get around all parts of the city.

I don't know anyone who has ever been a victim to anything on your list (that you would consider in the traditional sense of victim and perpetrator, not just being a "victim" of traffic).

These problems exist everywhere. This is the biggest city in the country (and one of the biggest in North America) so there's naturally going to be "more" of these things but it doesn't mean the rates are higher. This entire post screams of someone who is deeply online in conservative social media. It's sad that you live in such a state of perpetual fear. We take our kids to the parks, we sign up for city programming, we enjoy the beautiful sights of the city, we take advantage of the city's transit infrastructure, we go to museums, cafes and restaurants...

So you are choosing to go political now on a hockey board I see? People are welcome to their opinion that is why we still live in a democracy. What does an impartial assessment of a city where I lived for 20-years (compared to your partly 8 lol) have to do with politics here? Show me one statement that I made that was either Left or Right of the political spectrum? You are either blind the ongoing crime in the city (or aware but insist on trolling the boards) or haven't lived there long enough there sunshine to know lol. Get your head out of the sand and stop watching CBC lol. So I guess the police must be lying on there reports then? A good friend of ours had there BMW stolen out of their driveway on Oakville. Shall I request the insurance report for you? You are a waste of my time lmao

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dude, its the little brother syndrome and insecurities out in full force on here - they think you/me etc are happy about this because we think MTL is building a better team and they are supposed to be our rivals and have bigger fanbases/markets.

All summer long people had the blinders on and thought Hutson/Caufield etc were hot garbage but they learned today.

It's like some people are not even trying to fight off their biases, maybe they're just completely unaware of it. I guess it depends on the age/life experience.

You'd have to be hockey illiterate or completely biased to not see the threat that Montreal will be adding in our division. IMO, they are much bigger threat than the Wings for example and possibly the Sabres. They are/will be manufacturing NHL players like crazy in the next few years. Even after Suzuki and Caufield plus turning Montembeault's career around, look at their recent graduates : Hutson, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Struble, Heineman, Kapanen, Xhekaj, Barron, Harvey-Pinard

But that's not all, many of the following will graduate in the next few years and some will be impact/good players : Demidov, Mailloux, Roy, Beck, Mesar, Reinbacher, Engström, Fowler, etc

Seriously, I am more counting/hoping on the Lightning/Leafs/Bruins declines than them not becoming too good for us to have a chance to come out of the division in the mid-term future.

And unfortunately about Hutson and Caufield, and now it's looking pretty clear, they are their smallest players but probably their most talented.

-Kleven is big and pushes others around in front of the net and in the corners

-kleven has a pretty heavy shot

-kleven needs a partner that can do the hard thinking and qbing so that he can focus on his own game.

and people think hamonic and jbd are better for Kleven than Brannstrom?

honestly kleven-brannstrom had the potential to not just be a good pairing but a GREAT 3rd pair.

now our 3rd pair is a huge liability.

Seriously, we had 2 way to maybe work out the defense :

Sanderson - Yakemchuk
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Jensen
JBD

or

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
Kleven - Brannstrom
JBD

If we keep playing Hamonic with Kleven, we might hamper his development, like we did with Brannstrom at first playing him with Gubranson, Josh Brown, Holden, and even JBD/Hamonic last year.

I also think Kleven-Brannstrom would have completed each other well (much more than Kleven with Hamonic/JBD anyway) but that boat sailed due to his QO. There was must likely a little contrat dispute. Staios didn't want to pay Brannstrom that kind of money, his agent did his job and probably fought for it so Sens decided to let him go. Avs then thought "oh nice a decent 3rd pairing puck moving D for cheap" but he didn't adjust well to their system so they went out and acquired more guys so that's the situation for Brann.

I understand the argument "yeah but Brannstrom in the playoffs would be a problem"... I always thought : "can we f***ing get to the playoffs first then we'll see?"

Reactions: DrEasy and gab6511

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Again, what the f*** was that ridiculous penalty shot call?

That goober idiot ref was out of control all god damn night. That wasn't even a penalty let alone a penalty shot. Absolutely insane Montreal bullshit on display with that one.

I know there's a lot of peer pressure to be a complete window licking dunce in a building full of Hab fans, but do your f***ing job.
What pisses me off is Senators looked OK to start, then they gave a 2 to Brady where he didnt do anything and Dach snapped his head back

Then Habs took over and scored

If Stutzle did that oh my

And honestly, its all good to be like « ah lets not overreact its 2 games » but Chabot has been pretty average for a while.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012

Liberal voter

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Hudson is what we hoped Branny would be when we got him. Clearly Hudson has more offensive IQ and is an elusive skater. Will the size hurt him though, in terms of being less effective when things get physical and tight?? That’s the question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad